Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2012   #21
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Congratulations to JJ Watt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Imagine the Texans without Watt this year?

I think he alone added 3 wins. DPOY
I would guess 8 and 8 without him.
Old 12-31-2012   #22
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 17856 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Watt, a 3-4 DE leading his team in tackle? I find that to be mind boggling the most. Even if he didn't have all those sacks, swatted pass, and tfl. Leading his team in tackles at that position is unimaginable.
I don't think I could achieved those numbers in Madden if I were to customized my player with max attribute on all level. Simply ridiculous.

A player with stats like that in that position is equalvilent to a QB with 5000 yards passing, 55 tds, and 1000 yds rushing in the same season. Numbers if it were to ever achieved will never be duplicate. So let's enjoy this historic achievement everyone.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #23
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 26851 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
i agree.. congrats JJ we'd have looked 2010-ish on D without him. JJ and kareem are the only guys on D who improved since last yr
Nice sentiment, but you're forgetting Antonio Smith who needs a lot of props for his motor and play. At 31-years old, for a 3-4 DE he had his best season in 2012 with 7 sacks, 3 passes defended and and 2 forced fumbles.

So, to me, JJWatt, Antonio Smith and Kareem Jackson are our trifecta of guys that really pushed their play up a notch.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #24
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

He had 1/2 a sack stolen by the refs on the "incomplete" pass by Luck.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #25
pappy
Veteran

Rep Power: 3247 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation Re: Congratulations to JJ Watt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
That play should not only have been a sack it should have been a turnover Grrrrrrrrrrr
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #26
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 7608 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Nice sentiment, but you're forgetting Antonio Smith who needs a lot of props for his motor and play. At 31-years old, for a 3-4 DE he had his best season in 2012 with 7 sacks, 3 passes defended and and 2 forced fumbles.

So, to me, JJWatt, Antonio Smith and Kareem Jackson are our trifecta of guys that really pushed their play up a notch.
You're right, and I never thought KJ would look as good at times as he has this year. Big improvement on his part.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #27
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
And 1 on a "designed QB run play" against Miami.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #28
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post

i would say antonio was one of the few (along with GQ) that maintained their good standards from last yr... so by my count, you have 2 that improved, 2 that maintained and 9/10 (inc brice & demps that played worse)

dont even talk about offence though. DB, myers and maybe aj & od had better/same yrs. everybody else... worse.i will say arian ran tougher v the colts than ive seen in a while. hopefully he was saving himself for the playoffs
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #29
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO stop with this **** right now Even JJwatt himself said he does not care about records right now ......
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #30
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
You're right, and I never thought KJ would look as good at times as he has this year. Big improvement on his part.
Statistically, I believe he is our best corner. Unfortunately that means that QBs pick on our 3rd CB which is Brandon Harris.

It bothers me that we kept Harris on the bench for so long. He needed reps early in the season and now we are relying on him and he is getting burned.

I don't expect Watt to have another season like this year, but even if he regresses to the mean, his mean is way above anyone else on our team.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read