Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2012   #61
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6869 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts are 7 Point Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
There will be complaints that a bye week will have the team flat for the divisional round. I am sure of it.

Thanks for posting in an existing thread.
I sure hope so but I don't think many complaints during a bye week we don't have
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #62
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6869 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
The Texans proved you right today, but the Colts had more "miraculous" wins than we did.

If anything, those wins are a plus in our column. They show grit & the ability to win tough games. I understand the argument that those teams are bad & the games shouldn't have been close to begin with. But the fact remains, that there were issues that prevented us from playing our best football. We should have adjusted for those issues by now, we haven't. But that's a different story.

The D winning games.... again, that should be a plus for us. The problem now, is that our O can't be counted on & our defense isn't enough anymore.

& as far as Schaub & his physical limitations go, Watch the Denver/Chiefs game. Peyton Manning is making plays outside of the pocket. He'll scramble for 5 if he has to.
I agree Manning is far superior to Schaub in every area including mobility.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #63
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Took colts money line +265.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #64
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 11446 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
I agree Manning is far superior to Schaub in every area including mobility.
LOL. Manning is superior to no one in the nfl at the mobility level. He's in the same club as Brady, Marino, Warner and Schaub in regards to mobility. If those guys go out and compete in an obstacle course with cones and hurdle their will be no clear winner. The difference is great QB like those are more fundamentally sound with their footwork and doesn't panicks when the pocket collapsed. They know when and where to slide their feet over or step up to get to a safer place to throw the ball.

You put Manning or any QB with pocket-savy and sound footwork behind our line I guaranteed you they will still perform at a high-level. No one will notice that Newton got whipped on the edge because someone like Brady would've step up from the pocket allowing the pass rush to run by. No one will notice Ben Jones got beat by a swim move because someone like Marino would've avoided the oncoming rush by simply sliding over to an area that would allow Jones to catchup to block the rusher.

Good QBs knows how to use a defender momentum against them. Good QB knows where to move in the pocket to give their blockers a better blocking angles. Schaub simply doesn't have the pocket-instinct and awareness to deal with pressure.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #65
machineo
Rookie

Rep Power: 233 machineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
LOL. Manning is superior to no one in the nfl at the mobility level.
Peyton was able to get the tackle on the Flowers interception. Not an example of pocket maneuverability but definitely an example of mobility.
machineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #66
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 21874 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
The Texans are gonna win by at least 20, mark it down.
Boy, was I wrong!
Old 01-02-2013   #67
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 11446 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
I was going to start a thread about this but I will just post in this one instead because I am a firm believer about NOT starting crap threads about my opinions or gut feelings...BUT...

I think we are going to dominate the Colts tomorrow. I know how we've played over the past month and a half and it hasnt been pretty. We all know that. I am not scared of Andrea (that was a typo but I think Ill keep it that way) Luck and the colts by any means. I think we(The Texans) have taken a beating from every angle...opposing offenses, opposing defenses, the media...hell...even the this damn message board. I think we come out hard and whip the **** out of the Colts to give not only the team some confidence, but the fans as we roll into the playoffs.

MY Predictions:

- JJ Watt breaks OR ties sack record
- Foster runs for 150 and a touch
- we hold their offense to 1 touchdown and a couple of FG's
- we cover the spread
- we win by 3 scores

Not sure why I am so confident but I think we will finally have something good to talk about and look forward to Sunday afternoon after the game.

...who the hell am I kidding? This is TexansTalk.com. Someone will find something to complain about...

Go Texans.

Ha Ha!
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #68
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

All you younger guys were predicting the win over the Colts due to your raw emotions.

I got news for you all: After this season, you'll learn that nothing is done until it's done. And even then, Goodell might find a way to UN-do it.

I was wild-eyed and high on life, too, but guys like Hervoyel and Lucky and Thorn and many more, ahem "seasoned" veterans, intervened into my message board life a few seasons ago...back during the final year of David Carr.

Through multiple sessions of therapy, they helped me overcome Houston Pro Football Over-Excitement Syndrome.

You still HOPE, don't get me wrong, but you have a reserve of rational thought left in your mind...a protective cocoon of sanity that reminds you that you, yes YOU!, are rooting for a Houston pro football team. And then instinct kicks in.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read