Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2012   #21
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just a possible observation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
I think what really sold me on it was when AJ just let the ball sail through his arms. I had my feelings, had my beliefs but the fan in me kept overlooking them. When AJ non chalantly attempted to catch that sure fire TD, I just knew this team was done playing for Kubiak. Being a "contender" and then being blown out by the likes of Rodgers and Brady because of coaching ineptitude has to be disheartening.

I've also seen some terrible to almost biased officiating against the Texans since the Lions game. Some of it has been downright terrible. I'll have to watch again with out my battle red glasses on, but I don't think the league fancies the Texans much.
What makes me the maddest is the talent on this football team on BOTH SIDES of the ball. Arian, AJ, OD, Watt, JoJo, Kareem, Manning, Barwin (at least he looked talented last year and before the injury two years ago), Duane Brown, Myers, Antonio, etc.

What has happened? Well, the OP told us what happened, and I couldn't agree more.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
McNair needs to have a come to Jesus meeting with Kubiak today. He needs to stick his foot up Kube's ass.
So I've been saying for years, that Kubiak is only part of a group think here. He doesn't make decisions, he influences the group. Probably wins out most of the time. But it's always "their" decision.

With that in mind; knowing Gary, McNair, Rick, & Cal (probably Wade as well, I don't know) get together every morning & talk about this team, what could Gary have possibly been telling him these last 9 weeks.

I think Bob is as savy as we are, he knows more about football than he had in the past. I'm sure he had questions about the Texans declining performance despite our wins.

Surely, Kubiak talked about some of the injury issues & pointed out that we're getting some of the young guys ready for the play-offs. Ben Jones, Derek Newton, Brandon Brooks.... defensively, I have to believe he fell on the sword there, like he should. This offense needs to start fast, score early & often for the defense to do what they were put together to do.

But over the last three weeks, surely Gary told Bob that we would win 2 of the three.

So McNair is going to ask him what happened & what is he going to do to fix it by Saturday.

What could Gary possibly tell him?
Old 12-31-2012   #23
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Agreed. Rep to you as well.

I just don't understand what McNair isn't seeing. He obviously must really hate football, because there is no way he has been watching this team the last few years.

Go research my posts. You might also have to look under the name ckw, but I have been calling for Kubiak's head since 8-8 round 2. The guy simply does not have "it". He is too busy staring at his playbook hoping for that "eureka" moment that never comes. I got back on the bandwagon to be a good Texans fan midway through last season. I figured ok, all Kubiak needed was a good defensive coach. I'll give him a chance.

So surely now that we have a great defensive coach, surely the offense is going to keep playing well, putting up 25 per game, and we would be a legit Super Bowl contender. Wrong!!!

Same problems. Defense quit playing out of their mind and what does the offense do? Nothing.

This team has given up on Gary. Now it is time Bob does the same thing.
Kubiak, Shaub, Marciano and Dennison must go. I don't even know what Dennison does. Is he just there because the team is supposed to have an OC?

TJ Yates is NOT the answer either. I'm glad many of you Yates fans are not talent evaluators. The kids got spunk, but the rest of his game is junk.

Keenum went undrafted for a reason, so don't even go there.

We need to look at QB in one of the first 2 rounds next year, get a new coach in here, keep Shaub another year (since I believe it was 2 years guaranteed anyway) and then go from there. If I was AJ, I'd be pissed. He is such a class act and loyal dude. One of my favorite Houston Sports stars next to Hakeem and Biggio of all time. Dre deserves better and dammit, Houston fans deserve better! If we don't get it together, Watt might walk at the end of his rookie contract. I'd hate to see that because that boy is growing on me too!
Old 12-31-2012   #24
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What makes me the maddest is the talent on this football team on BOTH SIDES of the ball. Arian, AJ, OD, Watt, JoJo, Kareem, Manning, Barwin (at least he looked talented last year and before the injury two years ago), Duane Brown, Myers, Antonio, etc.

What has happened? Well, the OP told us what happened, and I couldn't agree more.
I am the OP...I think...lol
Old 12-31-2012   #25
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Sadly, winning in the postseason is not needed to have a profitable franchise. It's obvious that McNair is running this literally as a business. As long as the franchise is profitable, gaining value each year and is employing great, hard working individuals like Kubiak, Phillips, our GM Smith and all the players - why mess with success? What part of "12-4 is better than last year" do you not understand?? This is his mindset.

It's obvious McNair does NOT really care about winning because he is NOT willing to make the hard decisions to catapult the Texans into a feared, legit team that can beat teams like GB, NE and close out a team like the vikings or colts to get HFA.
Old 12-31-2012   #26
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubiak, Shaub, Marciano and Dennison must go. I don't even know what Dennison does. Is he just there because the team is supposed to have an OC?

TJ Yates is NOT the answer either. I'm glad many of you Yates fans are not talent evaluators. The kids got spunk, but the rest of his game is junk.

Keenum went undrafted for a reason, so don't even go there.

We need to look at QB in one of the first 2 rounds next year, get a new coach in here, keep Shaub another year (since I believe it was 2 years guaranteed anyway) and then go from there. If I was AJ, I'd be pissed. He is such a class act and loyal dude. One of my favorite Houston Sports stars next to Hakeem and Biggio of all time. Dre deserves better and dammit, Houston fans deserve better! If we don't get it together, Watt might walk at the end of his rookie contract. I'd hate to see that because that boy is growing on me too!
Were the Yates and Keenum comments direct at me? Because I have NEVER (at least I think never) made a comment in favor of either Yates or Keenum starting over Schaub. We'd be worse off with either of them IMO.

Other than that, I agree with the rest of your post.
Old 12-31-2012   #27
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
Sadly, winning in the postseason is not needed to have a profitable franchise. It's obvious that McNair is running this literally as a business. As long as the franchise is profitable, gaining value each year and is employing great, hard working individuals like Kubiak, Phillips, our GM Smith and all the players - why mess with sucess? What part of "12-4 is better than last year" do you not understand?? This is his mindset.

It's obvious McNair does NOT really care about winning because he is NOT willing to make the hard decisions to catapult the Texans into a feared, legit team that can beat teams like GB, NE and close out a team like the vikings or colts to get HFA.
I have felt like this for about 4 or 5 years now. I called him Dollar Bob for a while because of this. Due to recent success, I had relented on my criticism of McNair and Kubes but if we lose on Saturday, it will most certainly be making a comeback. I've had enough.
Old 12-31-2012   #28
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Were the Yates and Keenum comments direct at me? Because I have NEVER (at least I think never) made a comment in favor of either Yates or Keenum starting over Schaub. We'd be worse off with either of them IMO.

Other than that, I agree with the rest of your post.
No, the Keenum and Yates statements were just in general. I replied to you simply for supporting data.
Old 12-31-2012   #29
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
Sadly, winning in the postseason is not needed to have a profitable franchise. It's obvious that McNair is running this literally as a business. As long as the franchise is profitable, gaining value each year and is employing great, hard working individuals like Kubiak, Phillips, our GM Smith and all the players - why mess with success? What part of "12-4 is better than last year" do you not understand?? This is his mindset.

I don't know. I would think a man of McNair's stature and him seeing so much success that he would know a frozen iceberg of pooh when he sees it. I was fine with him keeping Kubiak after the 6-10 season because of the short offseason, etc and after last year it seems we all forgave Kubiak his shortcomings and made the fact that we were down to our 3rd string QB the scape goat of our failures. Now, with our starter in there and only ONE major injury, what is the excuse? What could the problem be outside of a mediocre coach taking advantage of a fairly weak schedule?

The team has lost confidence in his ability to call a game and it is quite evident. Some of them are just Bulls and will continue to go all in, but when a stellar athlete/person like AJ has seemingly given up, that is VERY telling of how the players feel about Kubiak and the coaching staff.

I don't think the D has given up on Wade, I think the D is trying to make too much happen, however, it is extremely disheartening that our OLB's don't get to the QB more with JJ getting double and triple teamed...

I don't know, I'm depressed right now and sick with a terrible loss hangover. Winning cures all they say, but the way it's been going for 7 weeks, I don't see us winning against other playoff caliber teams.

We need change (queue the Obama metaphors), but a good change. We need a respected coach that can light a fire.

People will ask questions if we fire a head coach after a 12-4 season, but if they have an oodle of knowledge about football, the question should be, "Why not sooner?"
Old 12-31-2012   #30
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
I don't know. I would think a man of McNair's stature and him seeing so much success that he would know a frozen iceberg of pooh when he sees it. I was fine with him keeping Kubiak after the 6-10 season because of the short offseason, etc and after last year it seems we all forgave Kubiak his shortcomings and made the fact that we were down to our 3rd string QB the scape goat of our failures. Now, with our starter in there and only ONE major injury, what is the excuse? What could the problem be outside of a mediocre coach taking advantage of a fairly weak schedule?

The team has lost confidence in his ability to call a game and it is quite evident. Some of them are just Bulls and will continue to go all in, but when a stellar athlete/person like AJ has seemingly given up, that is VERY telling of how the players feel about Kubiak and the coaching staff.

I don't think the D has given up on Wade, I think the D is trying to make too much happen, however, it is extremely disheartening that our OLB's don't get to the QB more with JJ getting double and triple teamed...

I don't know, I'm depressed right now and sick with a terrible loss hangover. Winning cures all they say, but the way it's been going for 7 weeks, I don't see us winning against other playoff caliber teams.

We need change (queue the Obama metaphors), but a good change. We need a respected coach that can light a fire.

People will ask questions if we fire a head coach after a 12-4 season, but if they have an oodle of knowledge about football, the question should be, "Why not sooner?"
I thought the short off-season was last yeah aka our first playoff season.

IMO, there was absolutely zero reason to keep Kubiak after the 6-10 season and if we lose against the Bengals at home, he should be fired this season. I know it is extremely unlikely to happen, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't.
Old 12-31-2012   #31
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Different city, different board,....

same ingorance....
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #32
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think McNair "knows" football.

Seriously.

I think he enjoys the pageantry surrounding it, and certainly the $$$.

But the in-depth ins and outs? He doesn't have it. And his GM is (drum roll please...) a FOK'er. Friend of Kubiak.

JJ Watt has maybe actually set this team BACK because without him, we would have cratered. There is no bigger fan of Watt than Smithiak.
Old 12-31-2012   #33
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
I thought the short off-season was last yeah aka our first playoff season.

IMO, there was absolutely zero reason to keep Kubiak after the 6-10 season and if we lose against the Bengals at home, he should be fired this season. I know it is extremely unlikely to happen, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't.
I didn't think I alluded to anything different... 2010 6-10, 2011 10-6, 2012 12-4, so 2012...4-12??? j/k

Yes, If we get bounced in the wild card game after winning it with a 3rd string QB last year...I hope Uncle Bob Smells something fishy...and that fishy smell...would be the rotting turd that the Texans leave on the field. IMO, anything less than the AFC Championship should be considered utter failure since, afterall, that is what we play for.

As far as that Raven fan that posted in here, your team ain't squat either and y'all have issues too. Some people are delirious and some are delusional, but at some point you either take your head out of the sand, realize your team has problems and call for them to be fixed.
Old 12-31-2012   #34
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
I didn't think I alluded to anything different... 2010 6-10, 2011 10-6, 2012 12-4, so 2012...4-12??? j/k

Yes, If we get bounced in the wild card game after winning it with a 3rd string QB last year...I hope Uncle Bob Smells something fishy...and that fishy smell...would be the rotting turd that the Texans leave on the field. IMO, anything less than the AFC Championship should be considered utter failure since, afterall, that is what we play for.

As far as that Raven fan that posted in here, your team ain't squat either and y'all have issues too. Some people are delirious and some are delusional, but at some point you either take your head out of the sand, realize your team has problems and call for them to be fixed.
My bad. I misread what you posted. I thought you were saying the shortened off-season was the reason for us going 6-10.
Old 12-31-2012   #35
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 348 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected

The aggressive play calling has vanished. If we can't run Arian or Andre is covered, we're done offensively. Where are the throws to OD, and we don't even try to get another WR involved. This is not a talent issue any more. Schaub has concerns, but we don't attack teams like we did early in the year.
PhilpW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #36
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think what really sold me on it was when AJ just let the ball sail through his arms. I had my feelings, had my beliefs but the fan in me kept overlooking them. When AJ non chalantly attempted to catch that sure fire TD, I just knew this team was done playing for Kubiak. Being a "contender" and then being blown out by the likes of Rodgers and Brady because of coaching ineptitude has to be disheartening.

I've also seen some terrible to almost biased officiating against the Texans since the Lions game. Some of it has been downright terrible. I'll have to watch again with out my battle red glasses on, but I don't think the league fancies the Texans much.
Really????? You truly think AJ missed catching that ball because he was DONE playing for Kubiak?? Sorry, but that's just laughable! I've never been a huge Kubes fan, but, I've read MANY, MANY articles about how much the team backs him, and wants him to stay here. Besides, AJ would never hurt the team by deliberately, "non chalantly," not trying to catch a ball. That's not his style, and an insult to him as a player and a person!! JMO! The rest of your post I agree with, esp the officiating part. OD and Posey had so many players on them I thought they had sticky glue on their jerseys!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

This "players having no confidence" thing is growing legs. Pretty soon, you're going to convince yourselves of that.

I've been listening to our players all day & none of them has said anything to make me believe what is going around in this thread. I saw nothing to make me believe what you guys are selling.

You're only fooling yourselves.
Old 12-31-2012   #38
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Really????? You truly think AJ missed catching that ball because he was DONE playing for Kubiak?? Sorry, but that's just laughable! I've never been a huge Kubes fan, but, I've read MANY, MANY articles about how much the team backs him, and wants him to stay here. Besides, AJ would never hurt the team by deliberately, "non chalantly," not trying to catch a ball. That's not his style, and an insult to him as a player and a person!! JMO! The rest of your post I agree with, esp the officiating part. OD and Posey had so many players on them I thought they had sticky glue on their jerseys!!
I've read those same articles, but I respectfully disagree. AJ catches that pass 999 times out of 999. He is that good and he is a person of amazing character, I've said somewhere else, one of my favorite Houston sports people along with Hakeem and Biggio. I don't think he "deliberately" missed the pass, and I don't think he didn't try on purpose, but sometimes, you just become mentally exhausted when you are trying to play for someone you just don't believe in anymore even though you've given your best shot time and again. There is a look of hopelessness on the Texans and it scares the crap out of me. It's something I have never seen, at least not that it was notable enough for me to remember.
Old 12-31-2012   #39
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

This "players having no confidence" thing is growing legs. Pretty soon, you're going to convince yourselves of that.

I've been listening to our players all day & none of them has said anything to make me believe what is going around in this thread. I saw nothing to make me believe what you guys are selling.

You're only fooling yourselves.
You must have been watching the last 2 Cowboys games then were they at least put up a fight...And I can't stand those bastards...but there's no way you watched Texans football and thought, "Wow! These guys are just putting forth max effort!"
Old 12-31-2012   #40
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ drops balls sometimes. He makes up for it with a big play, usually. I don't believe he's quit for a second. I don't think anyone has quit. But, there is a lot of frustration on both sides of the ball. That bye week would have been golden in that it would've give this team a little mini-camp to work through issues.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read