Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2012   #1
Atl Cav
Veteran

Rep Power: 2751 Atl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We will have a great playoff!!

I think the team is better off playing a team they can handle on Saturday, as opposed to sitting on their posteriors awaiting New England or Denver.
I like playing Denver first, as we know we can beat them.
I am an optimist, to be sure, but if everyone shows up for the next three weeks we can end up in the Super Bowl!!!!
Atl Cav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: We will have a great playoff!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atl Cav View Post
I think the team is better off playing a team they can handle on Saturday...
I'd love to hear your take on why the Cincinnati Bengals are a team we can handle. They have the fiercest pass rush in the league. If anybody could stop our run game, I would have said it was them.... little did I know New England could & Minnesota could.

But the Bengals D is no joke. They will stump our OL & harrass Matt all day. Andre will have hell getting open.

If we win this game, Kubiak will have to coach a better game than he ever has in his whole career.

What are the odds?
Old 12-31-2012   #3
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 9556 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

WTF?
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #4
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the team is better off playing a team they can handle on Saturday, as opposed to sitting on their posteriors awaiting New England or Denver.
I like playing Denver first, as we know we can beat them.
I am an optimist, to be sure, but if everyone shows up for the next three weeks we can end up in the Super Bowl!!!!
Why is this so hard to understand? If the Texans win they are going to Foxboro.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #5
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 62368 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bengals have the next best thing to JJ Watt on their D line and their D line is nasty!! Their D altogether is good and their offense is only getting better. Let's face it, we made Ponder look like Joe Montana.....Dalton > Ponder so this could get ugly.

Also, we would be going to play the Pats next IF we beat Cincy but either way....NE or DEN right now would prison **** the Texans like the little lambs to the slaughter they are.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #6
Atl Cav
Veteran

Rep Power: 2751 Atl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I'd love to hear your take on why the Cincinnati Bengals are a team we can handle. They have the fiercest pass rush in the league. If anybody could stop our run game, I would have said it was them.... little did I know New England could & Minnesota could.

But the Bengals D is no joke. They will stump our OL & harrass Matt all day. Andre will have hell getting open.

If we win this game, Kubiak will have to coach a better game than he ever has in his whole career.

What are the odds?
Good points, Fiddler...but I have been watching a team that looked too afraid fo its own shadow. I think we will see a team come out with more of a devil may care attitude. I think they will perform better with a chip on their shoulder.
Old 12-31-2012   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post

Also, we would be going to play the Pats next IF we beat Cincy but either way....NE or DEN right now would prison **** the Texans
Reminds me of American History X, I wonder how many stiches the Texans are gonna need?
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2012   #8
Atl Cav
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
Why is this so hard to understand? If the Texans win they are going to Foxboro.
Sorry. My mistake.
Old 12-31-2012   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans have shown that they are not a team determined to win, even when spotted two games and a very great motiving reason.

Now they've got tails-between-the-legs syndrome and have to face a Bengals team who is playing hot and will be screaming for vengeance.

I just hope the Texans go down swinging instead of giving us milquetoast performances like they've been trending for weeks now. It's embarassing.
Old 12-31-2012   #10
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Face it... WE COMPLETELY BLEW IT! I still cannot believe that this happened.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good points, Fiddler...but I have been watching a team that looked too afraid fo its own shadow. I think we will see a team come out with more of a devil may care attitude. I think they will perform better with a chip on their shoulder.
I hope you're talking about the Texans with the devil may care attitude.

I can see that happening. I think that's the approach Kubiak told the guys to play with in Baltimore last season. Which led to Tj throwing three picks & the infamous Jj muff.

But the Bengals are more like the Texans. Stout defense & ball control offense with big play ability. I think Kubiak will stick with his offense & try to beat the Bengals at their own game.... which is our game.

I also don't feel good about Kubiak deciding to open up the offense in the play offs. If that's who we've been trying to be all season, I'd be all for it. But to try to flip the switch & go from Gary-ball to techmo bowl.... I think it will get real ugly just like it did in Baltimore.
Old 12-31-2012   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans should beat the Bengals. Should. Doesn't mean they will, just that they should. But given the current circumstances anyone thinking we'll win any games past this is high on kool-aid.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #13
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

F that shit, at this point I just hope and pray watt doesn't tear anything.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #14
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry, anybody who thinks the Texans will win on Saturday is not paying attention.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203027 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Since unipedal-challenged Schaub is unable to quickly move to avoid the rush, anticipating Cincinnati's infamous rush, the coaching staff will be working with Schaub all week with 2 specific drills:

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #16
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Texans should beat the Bengals. Should. Doesn't mean they will, just that they should. But given the current circumstances anyone thinking we'll win any games past this is high on kool-aid.
And that Kool-aid has mold floating in it at this point. Time to whip up a new batch...

Hmm...new Kool-aid on Saturday? The only way I will have any confidence in my beloved Texans is if they come out and absolutely man handle the Bengals in a flawlessly executed game. We can not leave this game with a bunch of question marks or we might as well start looking at who will be available in the draft.
Old 12-31-2012   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Why do we think the Texans should beat the Bengals. The Bengals is a better, more balanced, rounded team than the Colts. If the Colts is the better team in the AFC South, the Bengals is definitely a better team in the AFC.

& I truly believe that. I believe the Bengals are playing better than the Texans now. For the Texans to win, they'll have to do something they haven't done in 9 weeks.

I don't know about you, but I'm down to hope. I've got nothing to make me believe the Texans are getting it together & will be able to put together enough good plays to get into the endzone 1 time, much less win the game.

If the Texans win Saturday, I will be pleasantly surprised. The wife & I will do our part. We'll be in Section 609 screaming like banshees & doing the wave. But it's all hope & a prayer now. I don't think we should beat the Bengals.
Old 12-31-2012   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
And that Kool-aid has mold floating in it at this point. Time to whip up a new batch...

Hmm...new Kool-aid on Saturday? The only way I will have any confidence in my beloved Texans is if they come out and absolutely man handle the Bengals in a flawlessly executed game. We can not leave this game with a bunch of question marks or we might as well start looking at who will be available in the draft.
You're in trouble then. If the Texans win, it will not be by imposing our will on the Bengals. We're going to grind out a win if anything. Shane Graham will most likely lead the team in scoring.

Think about that.
Old 12-31-2012   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The Texans have shown that they are not a team determined to win, even when spotted two games and a very great motiving reason.

Now they've got tails-between-the-legs syndrome and have to face a Bengals team who is playing hot and will be screaming for vengeance.

I just hope the Texans go down swinging instead of giving us milquetoast performances like they've been trending for weeks now. It's embarassing.
I don't. I hope they go down sucking their thumbs and crying for momma. If they're going to screw the pooch they might as well finish the job and go down playing like the worthless losers they've become. A valiant effort in a no-holds-barred shootout will do nothing but reinforce the idea that the situation isn't all that bad. It is bad and I want that on display this weekend if a loss is in the cards. I want some Texans players walking off that field to the sound of a fanbase digging deep down in their gut to boo them if they can't beat the Bengals.

That gaudy regular season record over a variety of tomato-cans-and-also-rans might otherwise cloud the facts. Regular season record aside this year the Texans took a step back in the heart department along with a variety of statistical categories.
Old 12-31-2012   #20
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

I think each side has some points in their favor:

Houston is the home team
Cinci has late season momentum

these 2 cancel out.

It will be a close game. If Matt Schaub can stumble into a great pass in stride to AJ for a quick touch down instead of 3 and out or worse, a pick - this will pump up the defense and give them the extra will to fight.

Should they win, it's going to take a miracle to win the next game

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read