Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2012   #21
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What do you see next year and beyond for the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
If we're lucky, we'll win 10 games next season. That's what we have to look forward to next year and beyond under the current regime and system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
8-8, 7-9. constantly finishing 2nd or 3rd in the division.

Yeah, if we're lucky we'll win 10. Nevermind the fact that it took everything going wrong at the same time to finish 12 and freakin 4 THIS year.

Could we only win 10 games next year? Sure. Who knows. maybe we only win 5. Maybe we win 15. But to say things like "if we're lucky" or things like that....that's just asinine.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Here's mine:

Stuck with Smith/Kubiak for at least 3 years because they are really great guys. We will be told 12-4 is the next step to the SB but as some know, more now than 4 games ago, this team is going in the wrong direction.
There will be 4 teams giving that same speech to their fans. I seriously doubt any of them will say, "Well, we took you as far as we could. Don't expect much next year. We won't be playing for a Super Bowl, but plan on giving you more of the same & hope you find it in your hearts to appreciate such effort."
Quote:
Smith has been made out to be some wizard but I think in the biggest decision he had was to not trade Mario and get value.
It doesn't work the way you explained, but I think I get what you meant. His biggest problem was working the contracts thinking the cap was going to go up. The Texans were scrambling when they found out it wasn't.

Secondly, I don't think Winston should have ever gotten a $5m/yr contract. He's never played at that level.

We never should have franchised Dunta. Definite waste of money.

Quote:
We may be told again for the 3rd year that our WRs of the future are on the team now.
WR moved down the board as soon as Mario signed in Buffalo. I didn't want to give Mario $100 mil, but the point is the same. Barwin didn't pan out. Brooks didn't pan out. & Merci hasn't caught on yet. With Cushing missing more than half the season, our defense has been pretty much neutered. We wouldn't have that problem with Mario showing up every now & then.

We've still got a problem at outside pass rush, unless two of the three OLBs on this team really turn it on in the play-offs, we are going to have to address this issue in the draft..... the proven talent is way too expensive in the offseason.

I think our WR need trumps our OLB needs, but I thought the same thing last year. The Texans may not.
Quote:
Our RBs are above average but I do think Foster has lost some of the fire or should I say dedication during the offseason to be great like last year. A lot may be due to line play but???
This proves to me we're spoiled. Foster had a great year by many RB standards. Not ours though. He had eight 100 yard games. 15 rushing TDs. 1300+ rushing yards.
Quote:
TE average to above average.
We don't have enough TEs. We run a three TE offense with only two TEs on the roster.
Quote:
With Matt at QB I could see the Texans contending for a playoff spot for the next couple of years with no real chance to be in the SB.
I think we'll continue to contend for the Super Bowl. We ran out of gas too early this season. We'll find a way to fix that next season. I'm not giving up hope for 2012. We're in the game, so there's still a chance.
Quote:
I see a change in FO/coaching in three to four years.
I still think we win the division at least three of the next 4 years. It won't be easy. But it hasn't been easy for the Ravens the last 3 years either. Just because Luck is Jesus in cleats, doesn't mean he won't be looking up at us.
Quote:
I think we will compete for a wild card spot behind the Colts after next year. I think it will be back to the same old fight for the playoffs after next year.
Isn't this the way it's supposed to be? I mean the only reason the Patriots are a lock for the play offs is because their division suck as bad as ours. Even they are not a lock for the AFC Championship game. Just imagine how their fans feel, knowing they won't win a Super Bowl & having to do this every year. Beat bad teams in the regular season, only to putter & fail in the end.

Nobody remembers number 2 & they've been the second best team in the NFL for quite some time now.

Personally, I'd love to be #2........ not at the expense of being number one, but you know what I mean. Right now, I think we're the 6th, maybe 8th best team in the NFL & I see us improving on that over the next 5 years at least.
Old 12-31-2012   #23
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

this sucks tho now if we want to draft a QB in the 1st round then we wont e able to get our star ILB now in the 1st round DAMMIT !!!!!!!

and the QB class this year sucks thats why i dont think we will draft a QB high we really might just see what yates can do LOL
Norg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Yeah, if we're lucky we'll win 10. Nevermind the fact that it took everything going wrong at the same time to finish 12 and freakin 4 THIS year.

Could we only win 10 games next year? Sure. Who knows. maybe we only win 5. Maybe we win 15. But to say things like "if we're lucky" or things like that....that's just asinine.
Well, I haven't put much thought into it. If I remember right, we're going to play the West next year. NFC West & the AFC West, plus the Patriots, plus the Ravens.

Broncos
Raiders
Chargers
Cheifs

49ers
SeaHawks
Rams

Cardinals

Colts
Jags
Titans

Patriots (FYI Colts will play Miami)
Ravens (FYI COlts will play Bengals)

10 games won't be easy, only slightly less difficult for the Colts.
Old 12-31-2012   #25
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

It amazes me that everyone and their mom is talking like we are going to be replacing Schaub this offseason.

He just got an extension at the beginning of the season. Also led us to a 12-4 record. We are not giving up on Schaub. Not now at least. Live with your investment.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read