Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012   #1541
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts. Noon. 12/30. **Official GameDay Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I used to have some pity on the long-suffering Boston fan before the turn of the millennium.

Then they suddenly started winning championships -- in all major team sports -- and now, I even want New York teams to beat them.
I hated Boston sports even before they were successful. Having a brother who's a Yankees fan and another who's a Dolphins fan help in that regard.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #1542
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts. Noon. 12/30. **Official GameDay Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Woke up oddly optimistic this morning after a week of deep rooted pessimism.

Going to be watching the game at home with my stepson who is in with the family for the holidays...... from Indianapolis. My wife and his are going to take the grand kids to the mall and out running errands while we watch the game.

I think the Texans are going to take care of us all today.
Woke up with this post and then got my weekly dose of Texans football.

Should have known better.
Old 12-30-2012   #1543
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why's this thread on page 77 when it shows 79 pages?
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #1544
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Kubiak is the site manager.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #1545
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80130 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Looks like a certain poster was banned (hopefully for good) which messes up the way the threads are laid out.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #1546
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Kubiak is the site manager.
lol good one, will rep again later
Old 12-31-2012   #1547
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
2 of the sacks on Schaub happened before he even got to to the top of his 5 step drop....let me say it again a different way....Schaub can't even finish dropping back before someone has their hands on him....and you say that all we need is " some" o-line help? That right side is atrocious in every aspect of our offense.
well one of those sacks where schaub couldnt finish his drop came from the left side.. tbh, the o-line will be fine, ben jones has hit a wall, he will improve, he has the biggest upside of the rookie linemen.. they might have to address LG and RT eventually. we still have brooks laying in the weeds who might be able to play next to duane once wade expires... we dont need 5 all-pros on the o-line.. let them continue to fill holes on the line with mid-rounders.
Old 12-31-2012   #1548
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
well one of those sacks where schaub couldnt finish his drop came from the left side.. tbh, the o-line will be fine, ben jones has hit a wall, he will improve, he has the biggest upside of the rookie linemen.. they might have to address LG and RT eventually. we still have brooks laying in the weeds who might be able to play next to duane once wade expires... we dont need 5 all-pros on the o-line.. let them continue to fill holes on the line with mid-rounders.
Actually, it was Brooks who gave up the sack up the middle. Looked like he was expecting some help on his left. Myers was helping Wade. I wouldn't say that Wade needed help, or that Myers screwed the pooch, but since Myers usually makes those calls, I'm blaming the rookie. It's not that he got over powered or "beat" he wasn't even looking at the guy. He expected someone else to be there & no one was.

Arian came running straight up the middle, like a check down, but he didn't even get in the dude's way.

Brown got beat by Freeney on the left side. Again, I don't think it was a talent issue, but he was expecting Freeney to do one thing & he did another.

I don't remember the other sack.
Old 12-31-2012   #1549
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Actually, it was Brooks who gave up the sack up the middle. Looked like he was expecting some help on his left. Myers was helping Wade. I wouldn't say that Wade needed help, or that Myers screwed the pooch, but since Myers usually makes those calls, I'm blaming the rookie. It's not that he got over powered or "beat" he wasn't even looking at the guy. He expected someone else to be there & no one was.

Arian came running straight up the middle, like a check down, but he didn't even get in the dude's way.

Brown got beat by Freeney on the left side. Again, I don't think it was a talent issue, but he was expecting Freeney to do one thing & he did another.

I don't remember the other sack.
are you talking about the geathers sack..? brooks wasnt even on the field.. geathers shot the gap between smith and myers... both brown and smith shifted to the left of who they were lined up on, leaving brown not really blocking anybody and a free gap between smith and myers. geathers was untouched and arian ran right by him. whose at fault here? should schaub have known that brown and smith would block this way and recognize that geathers would be free to shoot the gap. should he have changed the protection to get arian to pick up that gap..?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantas...sack-9-yd-loss
Old 12-31-2012   #1550
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4035 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wish I wouldn't have DVR'd that one. Sheesh.
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #1551
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
are you talking about the geathers sack..? brooks wasnt even on the field.. geathers shot the gap between smith and myers... both brown and smith shifted to the left of who they were lined up on, leaving brown not really blocking anybody and a free gap between smith and myers. geathers was untouched and arian ran right by him. whose at fault here? should schaub have known that brown and smith would block this way and recognize that geathers would be free to shoot the gap. should he have changed the protection to get arian to pick up that gap..?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantas...sack-9-yd-loss
shooting the A gap like that has been something teams have routinely been doing to us since the Green Bay game effectively & this coaching staff still has not corrected it...so that should tell you who its on right there...the coaches.

It looks like Arian on that play was going out for his trademark dump off position right there in front of the line in the middle of the field b/c if you look at it again, Arian sort of moves out of his way a little so he can get by the guy unimpeded...don't even think he was looking to block him....they're just completely overmatched up front. Where in the hell are you stepping up through that when the D-lineman's got a free run at you like that?

Again, i'm not totally removing Schaub's ineptness from the equation, i'm simply stating that any qb would have issues making plays under situations like that & they've been more prevalent as of late than you guys are letting on.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #1552
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
shooting the A gap like that has been something teams have routinely been doing to us since the Green Bay game effectively & this coaching staff still has not corrected it...so that should tell you who its on right there...the coaches.
When I think of shooting the gap, I think of a LB attacking that gap. That's what GB & the Patriots did to us.

The play we're talking about (& you & I are on the same play, I'm sure of it) You're talking about a DE that's just doing his job. Nothing special. It's not a "scheme" for us to adjust to. This is a blocking call that was blown.

I think it is clear that Brooks was expecting help to his left. It just wasn't there.
Quote:
It looks like Arian on that play was going out for his trademark dump off position right there in front of the line in the middle of the field b/c if you look at it again, Arian sort of moves out of his way a little so he can get by the guy unimpeded...don't even think he was looking to block him....they're just completely overmatched up front. Where in the hell are you stepping up through that when the D-lineman's got a free run at you like that?
This is why I'm sure we're on the same play. I saw Arian "avoid" the DE as well. I wouldn't think the assignments would have been that Arian was supposed to pick up that guy. But when he "dodged" him, Arian was giving him a free pass. I would have thought Arian would have thought, "Ok, that guy isn't supposed to be there. I'm not going to be able to stop him... but I'm the last line of defense."
Old 12-31-2012   #1553
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
When I think of shooting the gap, I think of a LB attacking that gap. That's what GB & the Patriots did to us.

The play we're talking about (& you & I are on the same play, I'm sure of it) You're talking about a DE that's just doing his job. Nothing special. It's not a "scheme" for us to adjust to. This is a blocking call that was blown.

I think it is clear that Brooks was expecting help to his left. It just wasn't there.

This is why I'm sure we're on the same play. I saw Arian "avoid" the DE as well. I wouldn't think the assignments would have been that Arian was supposed to pick up that guy. But when he "dodged" him, Arian was giving him a free pass. I would have thought Arian would have thought, "Ok, that guy isn't supposed to be there. I'm not going to be able to stop him... but I'm the last line of defense."
But see this is why it's more on the coaches than it is on schaub. If you've been seeing this over and over for the last 5-6 weeks at minimum, why not adjust? At the very least, they should telling Arian to chip the guy on his way out. Don't let him just have a free run at your qb.

I just get the feeling that Kubiak is being stubborn and is using the mentality he has about the running game..."we don't care how many you have in the box, we should be able to run & pick up 2-3 yards if we need it.." Well Mr. Kubiak that hasn't even been working as of late..................So adjust your damn playcalling and schemes!!!!!!!!!
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #1554
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
But see this is why it's more on the coaches than it is on schaub. If you've been seeing this over and over for the last 5-6 weeks at minimum, why not adjust? At the very least, they should telling Arian to chip the guy on his way out. Don't let him just have a free run at your qb.
Whoa... I haven't seen Arian do this for the last 5-6 weeks.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read