Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2012   #201
GlenRice
Veteran

Rep Power: 3232 GlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This team's in trouble

And I was called out for making this thread. I deserve reps at least.
GlenRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #202
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenRice View Post
I think you were mostly called out for saying that you didn't care if your team beat the Colts. Even if you had a point in saying that the team was a fluke, there are more effective ways to say it.
Old 12-30-2012   #203
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 7186 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

After watching the last four games from this team, I'd have to say 11-1 was a mirage- these last four games brought them back to where they probably should have been.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #204
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Poor QB play. Undisciplined defense. Bad blocking. Yuck.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #205
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You don't get rep for that crap. We all could see the team not playing well.
It's hard to be a fan of a team an admit they are really struggling. You just clutch at any little thread of hope until the season is over and there is no more hope. After the playoff's are over is a better time to talk about what to do about our problems. Just having it thrown in our face and expecting us to rep you for it is not the answer.
Old 12-30-2012   #206
qqert
All Pro

Rep Power: 22045 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i reward you funny cat;

qqert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #207
GlenRice
Veteran

Rep Power: 3232 GlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
You don't get rep for that crap. We all could see the team not playing well.
It's hard to be a fan of a team an admit they are really struggling. You just clutch at any little thread of hope until the season is over and there is no more hope. After the playoff's are over is a better time to talk about what to do about our problems. Just having it thrown in our face and expecting us to rep you for it is not the answer.
In my original post I pointed out three things that bit this teams ass today. Secondary, inconsistent offense, and special teams. I'm a realistic fan not some idoit with blindfold. Meh maybe next year.
GlenRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #208
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

This team is ugly, nastly, and smells like ****. It's QB is terrible and head coach is a scared coach.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #209
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedr View Post
After watching the last four games from this team, I'd have to say 11-1 was a mirage- these last four games brought them back to where they probably should have been.
Not a mirage. Not reflective of the team at that point, maybe. But we beat the teams we were supposed to beat to get that record & there were some quality wins in there.

This is simply a different team than the team that won those first 9 games.

Think about it this way. The Colts are a different team than they were over those first 9 games. The Colts are a bonafide play off team.

Luck threw 18 picks this year. He hadn't thrown one in the last three weeks.

They've got a running game & their defense looks much better now than to start the year.

The team we got now. Their first game was New England. I think the only one playing now that wasn't then, was Newton & Graham. So they've had 4 weeks to get it together & right now, doesn't look like they've made any progress whatsoever.

Next week is week 5 & they've got to get it done. If they can't beat Cincinnati their season is over. But if they make it to the AFC Championship game, then they would have done what they needed to to get better each week.
Old 12-30-2012   #210
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't care if they beat the colts, this team is fluke. The secondary is terrible. If the D line doesn't put pressure on QB in one play you can count on a long completion. The offense is inconsistent at times. The special teams is one the worst in the NFL. This team will not make it in the Superbowl let alone wining it.
Wow, this guy is prophet like. Owned all you fools that criticized him. Bump
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #211
qqert
All Pro

Rep Power: 22045 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't care if they beat the colts, this team is fluke. The secondary is terrible. If the D line doesn't put pressure on QB in one play you can count on a long completion. The offense is inconsistent at times. The special teams is one the worst in the NFL. This team will not make it in the Superbowl let alone wining it.
+rep
Old 12-31-2012   #212
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
Wow, this guy is prophet like. Owned all you fools that criticized him. Bump
The only prediction he made is that we won't make the Super Bowl let alone win it. How can he be "prophet-like" if the only thing he predicted hasn't even been decided yet?
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #213
qqert
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
The only prediction he made is that we won't make the Super Bowl let alone win it. How can he be "prophet-like" if the only thing he predicted hasn't even been decided yet?
if you still believe schaub + kubes = superbowl win,

with away games at NE and DEN ...

i cant find me a big enough lolcat facepalm ..
Old 12-31-2012   #214
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqert View Post
if you still believe schaub + kubes = superbowl win,

with away games at NE and DEN ...

i cant find me a big enough lolcat facepalm ..
Nobody said what I do or don't believe. Frankly I don't believe in much of anything after November 6th, 2012.

That said, he's not prophet-like because the prediction he made hasn't come to fruition yet.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read