Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2012   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Realistic Lightning in a Bottle Qb

possibe and realistic qb's we might get that can turn this around.

late 2nd rd qb?? i dont see it.
alex smith-too pricey
kirk cousins-not happening

vince young- possible
kevin kolb-more realistic and probably highest upside/realistic combination

what do you think?
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #2
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 76308 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Realistic Lightning in a Bottle Qb

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post

alex smith-too pricey

vince young- possible

what do you think?
quit making threads
Old 12-30-2012   #3
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

alex smith-too pricey

vince young- possible

what do you think?
So your asking if I would rather have Vince Young or Kevin Kolb? Let me ponder that one.
Old 12-30-2012   #4
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
quit making threads
no.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #5
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 28030 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Case Keenum.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #6
ArTex
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
So your asking if I would rather have Vince Young or Kevin Kolb? Let me ponder that one.
Can't, already taken

Sometimes its simply about the available alternatives compared to what you have, and weighing if they even give you an upgrade. Or its just making a symbolic changeover. But maybe you get an unproven Kurt Warner type up for the challenge.

Maybe choices arent good, but OP is just stating what's out there. Probably have to go through the draft for the future prospect and wait it through a while to get the big payoff
ArTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #7
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmm......Tony Romo?

LOL
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2012   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
what do you think?
I honestly don't think the Texans are ready to move on from Schaub. I don't think they are as sure in the Front office as we are here on this board, that Schaub can't get the job done.
Old 12-31-2012   #9
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 114917 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

QBs likely to be available in FA:

Luke McCown – ATL
Tarvaris Jackson – BUF
Tyler Thigpen – BUF
Derek Anderson – CAR
Jason Campbell – CHI
Josh McCown – CHI
Bruce Gradkowski – CIN
Drew Stanton – IND
Brady Quinn – KC
Pat Devlin – MIA – (Ex)
Matt Moore – MIA
David Carr – NYG
Matt Leinart – OAK
Charlie Batch – PIT
Byron Leftwich – PIT
Kellen Clemens – STL
Rex Grossman – WAS

Which one do you want? Take your pick. Nobody is lining up to fight for them.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #10
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

If those are my choices i pick neither & just role with Yates....he may not be "lightning in a bottle" and his ceiling is probably marc bulger, but he'd likely be better than any option you presented.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #11
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Hmm......Tony Romo?

LOL
Id take Romo in a second. He at least shows fire and can...gasp....actually scramble when needed.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Case Keenum!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #13
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 811 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe draft tahj boyd, aaron murray, or johnny football
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #14
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

alex smith-too pricey

vince young- possible

what do you think?
Dude, there is absolutely no way our team will improve with Vince Young OR Kevin Kolb at the helm. Both of those players are worthless as far as the advancement of a team goes. Im not sold on Cousins either. The kid has played one game and all of the sudden he is in "future QB" talks? Kind of remind you of Matt Flynn? Alex over Schaub is no game changer either.

Honestly, Kolb is laughable and if we canned Schaub for Kolb I will turn into a burrito and eat myself because this world is upside down at that point.

There is a reason VY is out of a job and its not to "save" our franchise.

I like what Yates has to offer to be honest with you. I think the kid with another year of watching can be our QB of the future. He showed some good footwork in and out of the pocket and he made some real good throws last season. He also made some bone headed plays but he was a rookie.

I think Yates is a better choice than all of those.
Old 12-31-2012   #15
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 114917 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Id take Romo in a second. He at least shows fire and can...gasp....actually scramble when needed.
Yeah, you think people get upset at Schaub for making bad decisions. This place would be a mad house every single Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmzuRXLzqKk

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I honestly don't think the Texans are ready to move on from Schaub. I don't think they are as sure in the Front office as we are here on this board, that Schaub can't get the job done.
Correct. Schaub is going nowhere. This is mental masturbation at its best and nothing more.

Still, it's fun to talk about. I'd like to see Yates play with some real preparation. Just to see how far he's come. Looking forward to next preseason to see whether he or Keenum looks like they're ready to push Schaub even a little.

Not that I think it would matter. I think Kubiak could have Steve Young on the bench and would find a way to stick with Schaub for as long as possible. That's his boy out there.
Old 12-31-2012   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Dude, there is absolutely no way our team will improve with Vince Young OR Kevin Kolb at the helm. Both of those players are worthless as far as the advancement of a team goes. Im not sold on Cousins either. The kid has played one game and all of the sudden he is in "future QB" talks? Kind of remind you of Matt Flynn? Alex over Schaub is no game changer either.

Honestly, Kolb is laughable and if we canned Schaub for Kolb I will turn into a burrito and eat myself because this world is upside down at that point.

There is a reason VY is out of a job and its not to "save" our franchise.

I like what Yates has to offer to be honest with you. I think the kid with another year of watching can be our QB of the future. He showed some good footwork in and out of the pocket and he made some real good throws last season. He also made some bone headed plays but he was a rookie.

I think Yates is a better choice than all of those.

I believe that you can break QB's with bad coaching. You can break some of them by sitting them too long just like you can by throwing them out there too soon. There are as many different ways to screw up developing a QB as there are kinds of people. Some guys just aren't going to make it no matter what situation you put them in.

Kolb (I think) at one time had a chance to maybe be good. I don't think it's likely that we ever see that happen though. Whatever happened to him seems to have rubbed out whatever pocket presence he once had. Whether it was sitting in Philadelphia or just being thrown to the wolves in Arizona he's finished and that's a real shame. I had high hopes for him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read