Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2012   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: How to fix the offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Not a popular opinion, but I don't think the line is the problem. Yes they are worse than last year.

The reason schaub isn't passing for all those yards like he did back then is because we are in games now. We aren't down by a bunch of scores playing prevent stat padding defense.

Matt's stats have also been helped a bunch by guys getting yac. For the past 6 years we've had a top 6 guy in yac. No other team has had that.
Rey,

You make some good points. But this... trying to rewrite history. It's not a fact that Schaub padded his stats by being behind all the time & throwing against soft defenses. There was a time when we couldn't run the ball to sit on a lead & Schaub would throw the ball. We lost a lot of one possession games, in which Schaub built his stats.

Then to say he's Jon Kitna..... I liked Jon Kitna, but Matt is no Jon Kitna.
Quote:
And Andre should have caught the ball, but the throw wasn't all that. He's 6 4 and has his man beat by a good margin. Throw the damn ball up so he can pluck it out the air and not have to slow down and bend over. That's the same version of throw that led to Andre kicking the ball up for a game ending int a couple years ago.
I don't remember what Matt was dealing with at that time. Maybe there was somebody at his feet. Maybe he had to throw it over a LB & try to get it to drop right. Maybe he took a shot to the ribs. I don't know, like I said, I don't remember.

But you're right, Andre should have caught that ball more than Matt should have made a better throw. That's an easy catch..... should have been. Compared to some of the other balls we've seen, some of the other acrobatic catches.

To me, it helps the team if Andre makes that catch. Hurts the psyche if he doesn't... like the Texans are thinking nothing's going to go right today, that catch would feed into that thinking.
Quote:
Underthrows, throws at the feet, no mobility, no playmaking. But not risky and knows the plays. A back up at his finest. Would love to have a real qb and have schaub behind him to hold the fort for a few games in case of injury.
I agree, a lot of that stuff needs to get worked out. But it wasn't that long ago that Schaub was not the problem. Denver, Baltimore, Detroit, Jacksonville.... didn't look too bad in Tennessee.

Quote:
The team looks defeated because they don't fully believe in the qb. They don't think he's going to make those big time plays. They don't believe he'll punish defenses. They'll give lip service and say they do though.

But look how energized this team was under Yates last year.
I do think if Matt's going to be the leader he needs to be, he's got to have to make a big time play more often than not. They need to know that he's going to go above & beyond to give them an opportunity to make a play. Throwing the ball away as often & quickly as he does is not going to get it done. If I'm a receiver/TE, 5 seconds after the snap, why should I be running? I know he's already got rid of the ball & if my name isn't Aj, chances are he wasn't going to throw it at me anyway.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read