Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2012   #21
Lucky

Rep Power: 145631 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are the Indy Colts now the best team in the AFC South ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I really did not see any lack of effort on any part of the D. Stupidity maybe, but not lack of effort.
There was an incomplete pass to Hilton in the 2nd half that looked like it could be a fumble. It took about 4 seconds before a d-lineman (Watt, who else?), to hustle over to the ball. They just aren't chasing the ball, coming off blocks, forcing turnovers the way they did earlier in the year. Tired? Hurt? I don't have the answer. But this is not the same unit by a long shot.
Old 12-30-2012   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
There was an incomplete pass to Hilton in the 2nd half that looked like it could be a fumble. It took about 4 seconds before a d-lineman (Watt, who else?), to hustle over to the ball. They just aren't chasing the ball, coming off blocks, forcing turnovers the way they did earlier in the year. Tired? Hurt? I don't have the answer. But this is not the same unit by a long shot.
I saw that too. Manning jumped on him, knocked the ball out, then celebrated. The ref was looking around, he probably would have called it a fumble. He was standing right there.

A second ref came from behind the play to wave off the catch.

I couldn't believe no one was jumping on that ball.
Old 12-30-2012   #23
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 471 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, the texans two season dominance is over. Seriously is there anyone that wouldn't trade the entire texans team for the colts heading into next season?
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #24
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 471 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
I'd say the Texans are still the most balanced team in the whole NFL; we're equally crap in all phases of the game.
Well said.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #25
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
They're definitely the hardest playing team in the AFC South. I can't put my finger on it, but the effort the Texans give has diminished greatly. The Texans had everything to play for, the Colts nothing. And it was the Colts that played as if their season depended on this game. I don't get it.
I think the Texans believe they are better than they really are and just don't get very emotional/up for the game. You can probably put some of the blame on the coaching staff.

i am not sure Colts best team yet but I am sure they have the best QB by a long shot.

We get Mario for the first pick they get Luck(y). That is the way the ball bounces. To top it off we get nothing when Mario leaves. The Dallas Cowboys build a dynasty by trading Hershel Walker we get crap, that is just poor planning.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #26
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Also I think based on them getting Luck they will seriously contend for a Super Bowl before the Texans. The Colts are going up the Texans down.

You can say our front office did a great job but the only two things I remember that they have done a good job on so far is Joseph/Manning and draft Watt. I am sure someone can remember more. List them to make me feel better. Any think they(fo) have ever made any mistakes??
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #27
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Also I think based on them getting Luck they will seriously contend for a Super Bowl before the Texans. The Colts are going up the Texans down.

You can say our front office did a great job but the only two things I remember that they have done a good job on so far is Joseph/Manning and draft Watt. I am sure someone can remember more. List them to make me feel better. Any think they(fo) have ever made any mistakes??
I think this is a little premature. The Colts were the better team today.

Somehow or another, we still won 12 games. They didn't. All they had to do was come out expired & beat the piss-poor Texans two weeks ago.

They're definitely better off than we thought they were. Let's see how they play with their new coach. Let's see how they handle that next year.

I've seen nothing to make me think the long term trend for the Texans is downward. If anything, with Kubiak & Schaub we may have plateaued. We'll see what this dynamic duo will do in the play-offs. I think Kubiak was very uncharacteristic and unleashed his QB last year against the Ravens, Let's see what he does next week.
Old 12-30-2012   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Looks like a college coach to me. Let's see how he handles it when the "business" gets in the way. When things aren't going their way. When his players start telling him how "coach Arians" did it.
Old 12-30-2012   #30
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Too early to tell. However, based on ms at qb and Kubes and Marciano--it's not hard to see the colts tops in afc south next yr
Old 12-30-2012   #31
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post

Just look at the entire team.

They drafted most of these guys like Brown and Cushing. They've made plenty of good moves, you don't get to where they are right now unless you make a bunch of good moves.

Yeah they have made some mistakes but no FO is perfect.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #32
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Not yet
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #33
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes they are. They have a good qb that is only going to get better. Put more talent on that team and they are even better.

We needed a colts fumble on the goal line and punt block and TD for Braman to beat them last time.

They are already better and hopefully the other two scrub teams don't fall into a good qb in the draft.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Yes they are. They have a good qb that is only going to get better. Put more talent on that team and they are even better.

We needed a colts fumble on the goal line and punt block and TD for Braman to beat them last time.
& they needed two Matt Schaub interceptions & a ST screw up to beat us this time.

What's your point?
Old 10-07-2013   #35
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 268260 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Andrew Luck looking every bit the franchise QB as he sweeps the 49ers/Seahawks while completing his 9th 4th Quarter comeback in just 21 games.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #36
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 161683 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Andrew Luck looking every bit the franchise QB as he sweeps the 49ers/Seahawks while completing his 9th 4th Quarter comeback in just 21 games.
People think I'm crazy but I would trade JJ for Andrew Luck head up . By making this trade the Texans would be a much better team because the QB hides more faults than any other position .
Old 10-07-2013   #37
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

of course the Colts are better. This isn't the preseason so we have actual proof. Does anyone seriously think that anyone outside of Houston think that the Schaub led Texans are superior to the Luck led Colts?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #38
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& they needed two Matt Schaub interceptions & a ST screw up to beat us this time.

What's your point?

In hindsight I'm digging this post so much. Last years screw ups are the same as this years screw ups.

The Colts are clearly the best team in the division..... again.

Thankfully the Texans are clearly no longer the most screwed up team in the division. That's the Jaguars property now and dammit they're trying so hard you just got to give it to them.
Old 10-07-2013   #39
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 226555 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
People think I'm crazy but I would trade JJ for Andrew Luck head up .
My God, I would hate that, but I don't think you're crazy. The NFL is a QB driven league now, and the league does not want defense to be able to defend. they want high scoring and they want QBs and WRs to be protected. Even if Watt is better (which he is, at this point), Luck will have the greater impact over the long term because he has the league office in his pocket, just like every other star QB.
Old 10-07-2013   #40
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 161683 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
In hindsight I'm digging this post so much. Last years screw ups are the same as this years screw ups.

The Colts are clearly the best team in the division..... again.

Thankfully the Texans are clearly no longer the most screwed up team in the division. That's the Jaguars property now and dammit they're trying so hard you just got to give it to them.
The Ravens paid Flacco after he won the SB , the Texans paid Schaub before he got close . Another classic error of the Texans over valuing their guys .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read