Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2012   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Blame the team not the refs

Overall the team just screwed up even though there were some bad calls.
Old 12-30-2012   #2
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10578 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

The refs didn't drop the stinkbomb over the last 7 games. This was two different teams -- they looked like an elite team through the Bears game, and after that, extreme mediocrity.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
The refs didn't drop the stinkbomb over the last 7 games. This was two different teams -- they looked like an elite team through the Bears game, and after that, extreme mediocrity.
This.
Old 12-30-2012   #4
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

MS and Kubes crapped the bed, the refs just pee'd in it afterwards.
Old 12-30-2012   #5
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't think anyone is really blaming the refs. That's not this team's issue.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

I see some posts about bad calls but the bulk was just bad play.
Old 12-30-2012   #7
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I see some posts about bad calls but the bulk was just bad play.
There were some bad calls by the refs that didn't help, but the bad play is what cost this team the game. Giving up a 101 yard kick return, and a 70 yard bomb on 3rd & 23 was the difference.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2012   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I blame the refs, Schaub, Kubiak, Luck, AJ for the dropped TD, right side O-line, Marciano, the entire kick-off coverage team, Paguno (or whoever), the stupid commercials, my boss who ticked me off last night, my whiny subordinates griping and fighting about petty crap, the Colt-sucking commentators, the Church's chicken lady at half-time that dint have no spicey chicken, the traffic, the freezing @$$ weather, and your momma.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #9
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't blame the refs, were playing bad football.

Did anyone notice that right before the 2 min warning after ind scored they let 4 seconds run off the clock. I have never seen that before. their clock guy was taking time off the clock all game long. Our stupid clock guy never helps us out. I want control of the clock next weekend. If we get the lead the game would be ours.
Old 12-30-2012   #10
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I blame the refs, Schaub, Kubiak, Luck, AJ for the dropped TD, right side O-line, Marciano, the entire kick-off coverage team, Paguno (or whoever), the stupid commercials, my boss who ticked me off last night, my whiny subordinates griping and fighting about petty crap, the Colt-sucking commentators, the Church's chicken lady at half-time that dint have no spicey chicken, the traffic, the freezing @$$ weather, and your momma.

Leave momma out of it
Old 12-30-2012   #11
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Overall the team just screwed up even though there were some bad calls.
Theres a difference between blaming the refs outright and pointing out horrible calls that make an impact in a game of inches.

The Texans played flat again, but those that act as though the refs didn't play a significant role in the outcome of the game are either kidding themselves or think that there is some kind of honor in putting the loss on the team alone.

I didn't bash the refs after the Vikings game, but in this case they have it coming. For those that think this was all the refs are just as wrong as those that act as though slanted calls don't make a huge impact.
Old 12-30-2012   #12
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

V. Davis pushed/struck an official, there was no ejection let alone a flag, I've never seen a player get away with that.

Texans played flat
Colts played decent and good at times
Colts had a lot go thier way
Refs attacked US and went soft on Indy

Put them in any order it all contributed, but I just want to make the point. We have beat the Texans to death with bad play, so this was a new element to discuss.
Old 12-30-2012   #13
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope, I blame the ref.

Harris got mugged by Wayne on the first third and goal and they called PI on Harris.

Wayne knew he couldn't get to the ball and wanted to prevent Harris from having a shot at the ball.

The Colts went on to score a TD instead of a FG there.

Soon as I saw that one, I said to myself, "it's over"!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

On that play, Harris turned to the ref in the end zone while Wayne walked about with a big grin on his face. Why do you think he couldn't contain the glee?!?

And here's the reaction of Barwin, Watt, and Reed when they reviewed the fumble and reversed the call.
Barwin threw away his cup in disgust; you can see the liquid raining down behind him.
(Choose the option to View it as a slideshow in fast mode.)

http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/...6Texan/Barwin/

Don't you think they knew they were playing against a stacked deck?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone else notice how the Colts never set before a snap? I saw about 7-8 instances of the motion guy still shuffling around at the snap. I will say we sucked donkey dick, but that doesn't help.
Old 12-31-2012   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Two plays were the difference so blame the team not the refs that is sorry.
Old 12-31-2012   #17
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Two plays were the difference so blame the team not the refs that is sorry.
I like to blame all accountable parties. I'm thorough like that.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #18
Donnieman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Theres a difference between blaming the refs outright and pointing out horrible calls that make an impact in a game of inches.

The Texans played flat again, but those that act as though the refs didn't play a significant role in the outcome of the game are either kidding themselves or think that there is some kind of honor in putting the loss on the team alone.

I didn't bash the refs after the Vikings game, but in this case they have it coming. For those that think this was all the refs are just as wrong as those that act as though slanted calls don't make a huge impact.
Yeah the refs blew the call. But lets say they gave it to the Texans.
What is the likely outcome? 3 and out and one more pathetic field goal.
Donnieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
V. Davis pushed/struck an official, there was no ejection let alone a flag, I've never seen a player get away with that.
I agree completely. It was shocking to see him get away with it.
Old 12-31-2012   #20
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnieman View Post
Yeah the refs blew the call. But lets say they gave it to the Texans.
What is the likely outcome? 3 and out and one more pathetic field goal.
Ok, let's be pessimistic and say after the fumble all Houston got on the 14 yard-line was a FG. That three points could have still had a huge impact on the end of the game. The refs have to be 100% sure to overturn a call on the field. How they were sure they got it right is beyond me.

I don't care how I look saying it, there were calls the referees made in yesterdays game that seriously frustrated me.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read