Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2012   #101
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just About Ready to Close the Book on Schaub

fine i'll do it. book closed. carry on nothing to see here.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #102
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
good one
Here's one: Your team sux.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #103
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't do it. Won't do it. **** them all. They get this same "Oh yeah? Well cross THIS line!" clean slate every year they do this crap and all that ever accomplishes is that every year they find some new, more painful, more ridiculous way to crush the hopes and dreams of their fans.

They're a bunch of heartless bums until they accomplish something and prove otherwise.
Old 12-30-2012   #104
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 166 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

It is more Kubiak's fault with his playcalling. Schaub is an average qb with minimal arm strength. Kubiak has destroyed his confidence as well by his calls in the red zone.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #105
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Can't do it. Won't do it. **** them all. They get this same "Oh yeah? Well cross THIS line!" clean slate every year they do this crap and all that ever accomplishes is that every year they find some new, more painful, more ridiculous way to crush the hopes and dreams of their fans.

They're a bunch of heartless bums until they accomplish something and prove otherwise.
Last year being the only exception of course. That team had heart and passion. I have no idea whats up, but it's amazing watching New England and Denver play with that same heart and passion and like they are playing for something. It's so stunning to see the Texans come out flat like that with the #1 seed on the line. So weak minded.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #106
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
It is more Kubiak's fault with his playcalling. Schaub is an average qb with minimal arm strength. Kubiak has destroyed his confidence as well by his calls in the red zone.
I remember when we were money in the red zone and Foster would just glide in for a td.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #107
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Jean has never been open on those fly routes....NEVER...dont know what you're looking at...every time they've thrown that pass, the cb has been in lock step with jean ....right in his hip pocket...
A step is open and Jean has had a step quite a few times.

You are making excuses now.

Schaub has played mediocre to really bad for a while now.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #108
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta agree with you, go back and watch the GB game, Rodgers was hitting guys that were flat out covered. I used to really like Schaub but I'm cooling on him considerably. I think he has topped at as a pretty good QB that ranks somewhere between 10-20. I'm not sure what to do about him. I know there not going to trade him, I guess the first step is to improve the OL as much as possible. BTW, I'm not putting it all on him but he has a large chunk of the blame for the recent offensive slide
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #109
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
Gotta agree with you, go back and watch the GB game, Rodgers was hitting guys that were flat out covered. I used to really like Schaub but I'm cooling on him considerably. I think he has topped at as a pretty good QB that ranks somewhere between 10-20. I'm not sure what to do about him. I know there not going to trade him, I guess the first step is to improve the OL as much as possible. BTW, I'm not putting it all on him but he has a large chunk of the blame for the recent offensive slide
Schaub has always been in a middle of the pack QB. At this point we have to ask ourselves, is this our guy? Can we win with this guy?

The answer, for me, is no. No we can't win with this guy.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #110
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Schaub has always been in a middle of the pack QB. At this point we have to ask ourselves, is this our guy? Can we win with this guy?

We can win with him, but every god damned thing has to go right.
Old 12-30-2012   #111
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Right? God help you if something goes wrong. It's like the wheels to Schaub's bus are held on by dried mud and chewing gum.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #112
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Well then we can't win with him.

This is a kubiak coached team and everything going right Wont happen.
Old 12-30-2012   #113
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Andre was about to be wide open for a td on that one to Daniels. Would have been in the open five yards clear of everyone. Those are the types of plays that don't get talked about that a good qb would make,

He rushed that throw. He felt the phantom pressure on that one & that ball was burning a hole in his hand.

Quote:
Texans fans, for the most part, simply aren't sophisticated enough football fans to understand what they do or don't have with Schaub at qb.
Are you a Texans fan?
Old 12-30-2012   #114
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Sorry Mrs. Schaub, but Jean was wide ass open on that play. Those are the types of plays that real qb's make.
I may have be thinking about the wrong one, but if that's the one he overthrew Jean, I think Jean should have laid out to get that one. Not perfect ball placement, but the ball was in play & the receiver needs to make that play.

Yes, a better QB would make that throw. But nowhere near 100% of the time.
Old 12-30-2012   #115
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Well then we can't win with him.

This is a kubiak coached team and everything going right Wont happen.
It went right 12 times. He has played like crap for a while now but we were still winning.

If the wheels have come off of him before we even get into his extension years. Yikes.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #116
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

But he is Kubiak's guy. That is all that matters to McNair. Sorry folks we are stuck with Kubiak and Schaub for the foreseeable future. As someone else already said, "Welcome to South Cincinatti and not quite good enough." Every season from now on will be Groundhog Day.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #117
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone else tries to upgrade when they have a placeholder like Schaub. We have become content with him being the guy.
He is the modern day equivalent of Jon Kitna, Trent Dilfer, Steve Beuerlein.
By all rights, Schaub should be a journeyman qb that goes from team to team and tries to get a shot here and there like Rex Grossman, nothing more and nothing less.
Old 12-30-2012   #118
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
But he is Kubiak's guy. That is all that matters to McNair. Sorry folks we are stuck with Kubiak and Schaub for the foreseeable future. As someone else already said, "Welcome to South Cincinatti and not quite good enough." Every season from now on will be Groundhog Day.
Goddamn, I just wrote the same thing in a different thread....good but never good enough. What a sad prospect for this team. Sticking with Kubes and Schaub for years...with no true excellence in sight during their reign.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #119
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
A step is open and Jean has had a step quite a few times.

You are making excuses now.

Schaub has played mediocre to really bad for a while now.
yup, how many times did we see kareem blanket lance moore and brees put a pass right behind kareems noggin into moores chest.. schaub cant throw guys open and cant beat tight coverage.. dbs eyes light up at those putrid throws like sluggers eyes light up when theyre sitting on curveball and get a big fat hanger in their wheel house..
Old 12-30-2012   #120
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
It went right 12 times. He has played like crap for a while now but we were still winning.

If the wheels have come off of him before we even get into his extension years. Yikes.
Detroit won a lot if games with kitna at qb too.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read