Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012   #1881
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I could see him getting serious consideration for a head coaching spot.
The sad thing is we are a good team with some problems and not a bad teams with really big problems. I feel like our offensive woes are mainly due to how inflexible we are on offense and that falls squarely on Kubiak's shoulders. Having a QB who's clearly on the downslide of his career doesn't help either. If Kubiak has any intelligence he has to realize that his offense needs tweaking to make it more fast. He needs put players into better positions to make plays for us. Right now it's AJ and that's it. If AJ is not making plays we would be a terrible passing offense. Unfortunately, I think Kubiak is too hard headed to make any sort of change and he's probably afraid of making any changes at this point.
Old 12-30-2012   #1882
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Well okay then. It's no wonder why you think Andy Reid is an upgrade, then.
Or maybe I know some Eagles fans? Does not matter, we just finished with a 12 and 4 record. That's the best record for a Houston pro team since I was born. Kubiak will be here and it's hard to argue with his recent success. The end of this season has left a bad taste in everybody's mouth. I'm feed up with it and I have more patience than most of you guys.
Old 12-30-2012   #1883
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Kubiak will be here...
Yes he will. This just a place for some to vent.
Old 12-30-2012   #1884
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You serious?? Someone steal your account?? Are you willing to agree now that Kubiak has never been the coach that you've believed him to be all these years??
Well, who did we think he could be?

I think he was probably the best coach we could have hoped for, for this organization, when we got him. We had Bob McNair & all he knew about football was what Dan Reeves & Charlie Casserly was telling him.

This organization was a joke when he got here & now, it is what McNair set out to create. I think mostly because of Gary Kubiak. Can he win a Super Bowl? I don't know.

But, do you think Tom Coughlin can win a Super Bowl?

I know most people will say, "You can't compare Coughlin to Kubiak, Coughlin has won two Super Bowls & Kubiak has won nothing."

But my point, is that guy is the same guy he was before he won two Super Bowls. There is no question about it, that guy has a Super Bowl caliber team. But he couldn't get that Super Bowl team into the play offs in 2012. If you believe in being flat, or un-motivated, or un-inspired..... they got whupped in 2 of his last three. They got shut out three weeks ago.

If that guy can win two Super Bowls, I haven't seen anything to make me believe Gary Kubiak can't.
Old 01-13-2013   #1885
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 221176 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm back!

FIRE KUBIAK!

I'm sure he'll be back next year, but I just had to dredge this thread up anyway.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 01-13-2013   #1886
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't know if I want to join the club or not. Two straight trips to the second round of the playoff's but no realistic chance at a superbowl vs the crapshoot of getting a new head coach? Whats worse is that before the end of this season I thought we might of been real close to a superbowl last year but even if we would of got past the Ravens, Belichick would of used our coaching staff the same way he did this year. Hard to ever win a Superbowl when there is a certain type of team that you have no chance of beating. Have to go through the playoff's without facing the Packers, Saints or Patriots.
Old 01-13-2013   #1887
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

fire kubiak and he will find a job. fire schaub............
Old 01-13-2013   #1888
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4035 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm back!

FIRE KUBIAK!

I'm sure he'll be back next year, but I just had to dredge this thread up anyway.
Amen Thorn, Amen, and throw in Schaub to seal the deal.
Old 01-13-2013   #1889
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
fire kubiak and he will find a job. fire schaub............
i think one of the lesser teams would go after him.

schaub isn't a great qb but there would be some interest especially since he doesn't come with a high price tag.
Old 01-13-2013   #1890
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Fire Kubiak, Make him take Schaub with him. I'll be back next year same time, same message. Rinse and repeat.
Old 01-13-2013   #1891
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm back!

FIRE KUBIAK!

Justifiable venting and b!tching can be had in the All-Incompassing Dump Matt Schaub thread.

Kubiak didn't do a bad job today. Had them within 4 at the half - should have been tied if Casey could catch.

I'm afraid this loss is on Schaub.
Old 01-13-2013   #1892
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak and Schaub need to go.

Nice guys, but they are not great leaders and are NOT able to do any better than 2 and threw.
Old 01-13-2013   #1893
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4035 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Justifiable venting and b!tching can be had in the All-Incompassing Dump Matt Schaub thread.

Kubiak didn't do a bad job today. Had them within 4 at the half - should have been tied if Casey could catch.

I'm afraid this loss is on Schaub.
And this last month is on who? This monumental collapse is all on Sloth Schaubs shoulders?
Old 01-13-2013   #1894
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Don't know if I want to join the club or not. Two straight trips to the second round of the playoff's but no realistic chance at a superbowl vs the crapshoot of getting a new head coach? Whats worse is that before the end of this season I thought we might of been real close to a superbowl last year but even if we would of got past the Ravens, Belichick would of used our coaching staff the same way he did this year. Hard to ever win a Superbowl when there is a certain type of team that you have no chance of beating. Have to go through the playoff's without facing the Packers, Saints or Patriots.
Pretty much.

The idea to hire some college coach is silly. You pretty much risk it all then.

If you want to get rid of Kubiak then bring in a proven coach that has won it before.
Old 01-13-2013   #1895
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
i think one of the lesser teams would go after him.

schaub isn't a great qb but there would be some interest especially since he doesn't come with a high price tag.
Given his age and the fact that he's not once played big time in a meaningful game i think you might be surprised.

I think more likely would be a team with an already established qb that needs a good back up.

If I'm a young team and I'm starting fresh why would I bring schaub in? Teams are drafting young qb's these days and playing them early...I don't want to stifle the process of finding a true franchise qb by putting schaub out there whom I don't think is good enough to take me to my ultimate goal and therefore isn't a long term solution.

I think an established team with a good qb already in place would be a good spot for schaub. If the starter went down schaub could come in and baby sit the offense and do some good things.

But I need more playmaking ability from a starting qb in today's NFL.
Old 01-13-2013   #1896
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Given his age and the fact that he's not once played big time in a meaningful game i think you might be surprised.

I think more likely would be a team with an already established qb that needs a good back up.

If I'm a young team and I'm starting fresh why would I bring schaub in? Teams are drafting young qb's these days and playing them early...I don't want to stifle the process of finding a true franchise qb by putting schaub out there whom I don't think is good enough to take me to my ultimate goal and therefore isn't a long term solution.

I think an established team with a good qb already in place would be a good spot for schaub. If the starter went down schaub could come in and baby sit the offense and do some good things.

But I need more playmaking ability from a starting qb in today's NFL.
you would be surprised.

raiders went with a washed up carson palmer.

2x pro bowler
pro bowl mvp
lead the league in passing yards

we forget how desperate teams are.

use schaub as a place holder while you build the rest of your team.
Old 01-13-2013   #1897
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

just like Alex Smith was. Houston just needs to find their Kapernick.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Old 01-13-2013   #1898
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you would be surprised.

raiders went with a washed up carson palmer.

2x pro bowler
pro bowl mvp
lead the league in passing yards

Not going to happen and a completely ridiculous comparison.

First off, Palmer has tools schaub doesn't. Palmer was a #1 overall. As much as you might want to believe otherwise teams probably felt like Palmer had more upside than schaub. They felt he could be a true franchise qb with a change of scenery. They felt like Palmer coulb be their franchise player.

LoL @ trading all those picks for a placeholder at qb.

No one is trading that haul for schaub because like I said (and you seem to agree with) he'd be a ace holder.

And lastly, the raiders had just been burned on a young qb they took at the top if the draft.

Their situation was completely different and what we gave with schaub is not remotely close.

No one is looking at schaub and thinking...I think there's something I can work with there...I want him to qb my team to a superbowl....no one but us at least...
Old 01-13-2013   #1899
AJ-80
Veteran

Rep Power: 547 AJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be fine with Kubiak getting the boot, but the question is, what are the options here? The last thing we need is McNair making a spur-of-the-moment decision and firing him without a better option to replace him with. As far as Shaub goes, he's average. Never going to win the super bowl, but will consistently get you in the playoffs. What are the chances we trade for Alex Smith?
Old 01-13-2013   #1900
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
No one is looking at schaub and thinking...I think there's something I can work with there...I want him to qb my team to a superbowl....no one but us at least...
the last thing a lesser team is looking for in the present is a superbowl qb.

you would be amazed at how many fanbases just want to be in the position the texans are in with schaub or even just win games.

schaub can win games, he's just not a qb to carry a team at that next level.

contrary to popular belief here some people still consider schaub a decent qb.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read