Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2012   #61
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just About Ready to Close the Book on Schaub

Since I mentioned Kubiak, why do we make one of our big long pass attempts go to LeStar Jean turtling down the sideline with a corner hopping and skipping along, stride for stride, with joy and melody in his heart???

AJ, Posey, & Martin are ALL faster than him; so are the corners...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #62
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Since I mentioned Kubiak, why do we make one of our big long pass attempts go to LeStar Jean turtling down the sideline with a corner hopping and skipping along, stride for stride, with joy and melody in his heart???

The defense knows that and leaves him one on one for that reason.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #63
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would add that the D just gets tired after a while with the O not keeping the ball long enough. Today, I'm also pretty sure I saw them stop trying to tackle as much as everybody is trying the knock the ball out or strip it, because the D understandably has little faith in our O to get 2 TDs in 8 minutes or less, especially 5 minutes or less. This is not the first time I've seen this. They give up first downs, but at least they are trying to do something, unlike our O that just kind of melts out there.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #64
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

1 of my biggest problems with this team thus far...we keep doing the same **** and its not working. We have now thrown that fly route to jean 3 straight games and not once has this dude been anywhere close to open. HE'S JUST NOT FAST ENOUGH SO STOP THROWING THAT **** KUBIAK!!!!!!
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #65
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He had his CB beat, it was just over thrown. We have seen Jean go deep a few times once he dropped the ball once while hitting the ground, and the other 2 he was open the throws were just bad.
Old 12-30-2012   #66
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

You know I feel like I am back in the HWWNBN days. I defended that dude too long and I defended Schaub too long but not as long as I did HWWNBN.

Last year I went on record saying having Schaub in the post season would have made the difference in the Texans playoff success. Now I know I was just delusional.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #67
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

HoustonTexans
@HoustonTexans

Schaub: we have to find a way to correct some things and turn them into positives.

At least he has figured it out now guys.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #68
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
HoustonTexans
@HoustonTexans

Schaub: we have to find a way to correct some things and turn them into positives.

At least he has figured it out now guys.
the problem is, everyone figured out it, its HIM he just cant see it
Old 12-30-2012   #69
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if James Harden can play QB?
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #70
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 17856 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't know what angle you looking from but seems to me a perfect throw can get to Jean's hands.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #71
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
I don't know what angle you looking from but seems to me a perfect throw can get to Jean's hands.
Yeah I didn't get that either. Jean beat his man and was open (did his job), it was just a poorly inaccurate deep ball (where have we seen that before?).
Old 12-30-2012   #72
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Yeah I didn't get that either. Jean beat his man and was open (did his job), it was just a poorly inaccurate deep ball (where have we seen that before?).
What????????
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #73
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wonder if James Harden can play QB?
The Rockets at least make me happy. They know how to work the cap and make the right trades.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #74
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Are we really having this discussion about a QB who has thrown for 4,000+ yards in 3 of the last 4 seasons and was on pace to throw for 4,000+ when he broke his foot last year?

I'm as disappointed as anyone, but come on.

We're worse than average at LG and WR2345.
We're bad at RG RT and FB.

That's half the offense and doesn't even account for the RBs playing like dog crap for big stretches.

Other than Brown, most of this team's premium contracts and draft picks have gone to acquiring defensive players and yet, year after year Schaub and Kubiak carry the offense to a high ranking.

Schaub is not a problem and certainly not the problem.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #75
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1737 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Are we really having this discussion about a QB who has thrown for 4,000+ yards in 3 of the last 4 seasons and was on pace to throw for 4,000+ when he broke his foot last year?

That's half the offense and doesn't even account for the RBs playing like dog crap for big stretches.

Other than Brown, most of this team's premium contracts and draft picks have gone to acquiring defensive players and yet, year after year Schaub and Kubiak carry the offense to a high ranking.

Name me a qb that has started all 16 games of a season in the last five years and did not at least get in the neighborhood of 4,000 yards. This isn't 1978. 4,000 yards is pretty much base level, average
Old 12-30-2012   #76
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post

Schaub's crucial interceptions say otherwise.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #77
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
What????????
Did I stutter or mistype? A better thrown ball would've been a completion. I wasn't happy with the throw he made to Daniels on a crutial 3rd down either. He basically threw the ball into the ground and didn't give him a chance to make a play.
Old 12-30-2012   #78
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Schaub is done. Bring in Vick and put Matt Schaub in as back up like the good old days......
Old 12-30-2012   #79
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
What????????
umm good route bad throw???? have you seen the play?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #80
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1737 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did I stutter or mistype? A better thrown ball would've been a completion. I wasn't happy with the throw he made to Daniels on a crutial 3rd down either. He basically threw the ball into the ground and didn't give him a chance to make a play.
Andre was about to be wide open for a td on that one to Daniels. Would have been in the open five yards clear of everyone. Those are the types of plays that don't get talked about that a good qb would make, which brings me back to my initial point that Texans fans, for the most part, simply aren't sophisticated enough football fans to understand what they do or don't have with Schaub at qb.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read