Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2012   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Need info on our Nose Tackle.

I could not seem to focus on this position aginst Colts as I kept getting drawn to other areas. I saw Cody make one very good play and Michell at least two very good plays. Please give me your feed back as to what you saw. Also evaluations of our ILBs would be helpful.
Old 12-30-2012   #2
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Need info on our Nose Tackle.

nt sucks and ilb sucks worse. Seriously our ILBs are so fn terrible, I think ILB is among our highest needs this off-season....
Old 12-30-2012   #3
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I could not seem to focus on this position aginst Colts as I kept getting drawn to other areas. I saw Cody make one very good play and Michell at least two very good plays. Please give me your feed back as to what you saw. Also evaluations of our ILBs would be helpful.
The ILBs are just guys without Cushing. James had a horrible day having at least 2 offsides penalties.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Um, some of them are freaking animals against the run. Gotta give 'em that, 'specially Dobbins. The couldn't cover an ant on a slant route, though.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 131726 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
The ILBs are just guys without Cushing. James had a horrible day having at least 2 offsides penalties.
NT's are average and they don't collapse the pocket. Inside backers are well below average with a past-his-prime James and a Sharpton who isn't very good period.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #6
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I was just thinking a similar thing. The problem with the Texnans is that our players who play in the heart of our O and D just aren't that great. The biggest weaknesses on D are our ILBs, FS, and NT.

On O it's our C, OGs, and QB.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 106329 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
nt sucks and ilb sucks worse. Seriously our ILBs are so fn terrible, I think ILB is among our highest needs this off-season....
How's about a head coach and a QB. Then maybe we worry about ILB's. I mean no disrespect, just my
Old 12-30-2012   #8
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92342 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
NT's are average and they don't collapse the pocket. Inside backers are well below average with a past-his-prime James and a Sharpton who isn't very good period.
This. Cody is just there. Absolutely doesn't give us anything other than average. ILB'S are below average against the pass and out of position on the run unless it comes straight at them.
Old 12-30-2012   #9
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
How's about a head coach and a QB. Then maybe we worry about ILB's. I mean no disrespect, just my
I think we have a better chance of having the ILB's upgraded than those positions. I wish i was wrong but Uncle Bob just forked out alot of cash to the guys in those positions.

12-4 = More time (to the owner anyway)
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #10
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
dont disagree with you, im one of the more vocal people complaining about schaub, but realistically neither will be gone next season....
Old 12-30-2012   #11
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 106329 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
dont disagree with you, im one of the more vocal people complaining about schaub, but realistically neither will be gone next season....
Yeah, I know that's right. Sad too. I'm a big McNair fan but him and I don't see the same thing where it comes to Kubes.
Old 12-30-2012   #12
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
The whole front seven are just Watt + 6 other guys recently.

Reed is hurt. Mercilus is a rookie. Smith is a good solid veteran. The rest of the guys are extremely replaceable.

The complete opposite of last year when they had the best Front 7 in the NFL.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #13
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
that seems to be the problem, everyone wants to fix every possible thing. while avoiding the biggest issue, the qb position. i would draft another ilb if one pops up, we do get cushing back next year. i have a feeling ben jones will be fine. someone will step up at RT. people want to have 5 all-pros for an o-line.. thats not going to happen.. we need more discipline on ST. but the glaring problem is the liabilities of #8..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read