Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-29-2012   #121
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub or Luck for the rest of this season ONLY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

Luck is a rookie, he might be a great player one day, but right now he is overrated

His completion percentage is 31 in the leagu
His yards are 7th
He is second in the league with most int's
QB rating Is 29th
He is 16th in tds(one behind Schaub)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl.../completionPct

Why so much hype right now?

I'd give him time but right now I don't see the hype
He has "play-making" ability. He has done really well when charging back on the final drives. I'm not going to throw out the "clutch" word... just that he appears to be an exciting player when it comes down to it. He's been a late-starter for sure. If he can get over that... he'll be pretty durn good... so I like him for the time being.
Old 12-29-2012   #122
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
He has "play-making" ability. He has done really well when charging back on the final drives. I'm not going to throw out the "clutch" word... just that he appears to be an exciting player when it comes down to it. He's been a late-starter for sure. If he can get over that... he'll be pretty durn good... so I like him for the time being.
And he will never, ever play a single down for the Texans. Threads like this are orders of magnitude beyond stupid.

I fervently hope that he sucks ball sacks after a record setting rookie season.
Old 12-29-2012   #123
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
And he will never, ever play a single down for the Texans. Threads like this are orders of magnitude beyond stupid.

I fervently hope that he sucks ball sacks after a record setting rookie season.
I wasn't talking about him coming to the Texans. I was merely responding to a question.
Old 12-29-2012   #124
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is every stat scenario imaginable on Luck so far
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits...74/andrew-luck

I think he has a higher ceiling than Matt
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012   #125
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 45905 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Has anyone seen any improvement in Luck's game this year? I haven't watched much of him, but what little I've seen, I'm convinced he's the same guy he was when he started the season.

Which concerns me. I'll be interested to see how the Colts handle him this offseason, see how he starts next season.

So far, it appears the Colts are letting him do what their last QB did..... wing it. He's getting by on his talents.

I'm not in the locker room, so I don't know. Just a hunch. But I think the Colts are screwing up. I think Luck can be a franchise QB one day, maybe even elite. But only if they develop him correctly.

They let him Bret Farve it & he might be the next Vick.
Don't know where you get the notion the Colts are wrongly handling Luck. Luck has more yards passing and 8 fewer ints than Peyton rookie season not to mention he's leading them to a playoff.
Most of Luck turnovers have come when they were far behind against good defense forcing throws and scrambling behind a bad O line.
But in close games this dude is big time clutch.

You put Luck in a Texans stars studded offense this team will be alot more dynamic. Sure he'll turn the ball over more than Schaub, sure we'll lose a game or two due to him taking chances. But the thing that separates him from Schaub is he shows up and plays in crucial moments alot more this season than Schaub had ever did in any season in his career. There's nothing over rating about that.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012   #126
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wasn't talking about him coming to the Texans. I was merely responding to a question.
Regardless, it's an ignorant thread.
Old 12-30-2012   #127
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Noted. Now go watch Full House or something and let us talk. Thanks.
Old 12-30-2012   #128
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

in 8 years luck could end up a BUst for all we know
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #129
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Noted. Now go watch Full House or something and let us talk. Thanks.
Go talk about Full House in the Douche Bag Forum. This forum is for Texan's Football. This is still an ignorant thread.
Old 12-30-2012   #130
MissouriTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 MissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVP

Quote:
Go talk about Full House in the Douche Bag Forum. This forum is for Texan's Football. This is still an ignorant thread.
I'm normally more of a stalker around this forum, but honestly, what's wrong with a hypothetical thread? You're more than welcome to pass it over if it pleases you.
MissouriTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #131
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriTexan View Post
I'm normally more of a stalker around this forum, but honestly, what's wrong with a hypothetical thread? You're more than welcome to pass it over if it pleases you.
There seems to be several Schaub or *** threads on here that are just plain stupid. Schaub isn't a HOF QB but he's who is going to lead us for the next few years, so why start with all the BS? Merge all the Schaub or *** threads into one and I'd be happy to pass it by.

Schaub isn't going anywhere soon, so lets figure out something else to ***** about on our way to the playoffs.
Old 12-30-2012   #132
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Doc,

Agree if you take thread literally.

I should have said do you take a rookie that has the physical tools, and has a great pedigree and seems to be very intelligent and has unbelievable upside or do you stay with a known QB that lacks physical ability coming off a serious injury and has shown to maybe not play his best in big games ?

That is what should have been said but easier to ask Schaub or Luck hypothetically.

By the way the answer was Luck
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #133
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Luck looked like a veteran QB today. Killed us with his snap count, ball placement, & ability to create.

Schaub looked like the rookie. Taking what the defense gives him, poor ball placement, poor vision.

I'm liking Harbaugh's decision to start Kaepernick more & more. He knows fool's gold when he sees it. Right now, it would be difficult for anyone to build the case that Schaub can win the Super Bowl.

A game like today is the kind of game a leader, a winner would show up in. Sure, this loss is not on the QB, they get too much credit, too much blame. He needs help, an offensive line, receivers that can catch. But this team is 12-4, we should have all that. Can't help but think an upgrade at QB would "fix" all that.
Old 12-30-2012   #134
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Luck looked like a veteran QB today. Killed us with his snap count, ball placement, & ability to create.

Schaub looked like the rookie. Taking what the defense gives him, poor ball placement, poor vision.

I'm liking Harbaugh's decision to start Kaepernick more & more. He knows fool's gold when he sees it. Right now, it would be difficult for anyone to build the case that Schaub can win the Super Bowl.

A game like today is the kind of game a leader, a winner would show up in. Sure, this loss is not on the QB, they get too much credit, too much blame. He needs help, an offensive line, receivers that can catch. But this team is 12-4, we should have all that. Can't help but think an upgrade at QB would "fix" all that.
Yeah, Schaub isn't leading us anywhere unless the running game and defense is also clicking on all cylinders. He is just not athletic and can't make things happen, plus his arm is terrible. People say Manning is slow and all, but that guy moves around and can make things happen. Brady, too. They aren't mobile really, but can move around and do stuff (we have all seen it). Schaub? He's sacked or a throwaway. So jealous of the Colts and their QB. Hell, I'm jealous of about 20 other NFL teams also.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #135
Iceman16
Veteran

Rep Power: 372 Iceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respected

Luck is the type of QB that the Texans need. He's really not been that great this entire season, you can look at his body of work if you disagree.

But in crunch time? Where Schaub is one of the worst QBs in the league? Luck steps up and wins close games. That's all we need out of a quarterback if the team is properly motivated.
Iceman16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #136
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

I think on this team Luck's numbers would look MUCH better.
Can you imagine Schaub's numbers on the Colts this year.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #137
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I used to think Schaub just couldn't throw far enough, because he underthrew too often. Now, it seems he just has no accuracy beyond 30 yards. 2 Picks today. Both long throws. One underthrown, just like the old Schaub. One overthrown, because he is a robot out there running it just like in practice............................no matter what is happening on the field. The man cannot improvise, even in the slightest. It kinda reminds me of....our head coach sometimes.

Beyond that, Godell payed the refs to favor Pogano's team today.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #138
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133036 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman16 View Post
Luck is the type of QB that the Texans need. He's really not been that great this entire season, you can look at his body of work if you disagree.

But in crunch time? Where Schaub is one of the worst QBs in the league? Luck steps up and wins close games. That's all we need out of a quarterback if the team is properly motivated.
Luck has been sensational all season for a rookie QB. He is already one of the best in the league and will be elite for many years. Trying to compare Schaub to him is silly, because Schaub has never had that type of potential.

Bitching about not having an elite level QB is silly as well until you're willing to stink for several years and wait for the perfect opportunity to draft a top QB with potential like Luck had when we got him. Sure, we can draft a ton of 2nd and 3rd rounders, but they are all a lot bigger role of the dice.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #139
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Luck! Griffin! Wilson! One of them.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read