Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2012   #41
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Bigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just About Ready to Close the Book on Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Funny how you weren't saying these things last season or even 5 games ago. All of a sudden Schaub has been the problem with this offense all these years?? Amazing that you kept this a secret all this time with as much as you post.

Kubiak's had a guy who has been at the better half of QB's around the league for years. He may not be playing great now, but neither is the rest of his turtle offense. Gary can't get this entire team ready to play, and that's the bottom line. What an excuse for Kubiak here.
I dont think schaub was the problem in the past. I just feel like Iv seen his ceiling. We have all seen him as good as hes going to get.
Old 12-30-2012   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Ok.... that one was on Andre. We want Schaub to throw that fade, just like that. Andre was looking for something on the inside, which was a viable option as well... one of them was wrong, I'm thinking it was Andre.

I liked that throw.
Old 12-30-2012   #43
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbots_02 View Post
I dont think schaub was the problem in the past. I just feel like Iv seen his ceiling. We have all seen him as good as hes going to get.
I agree with you here. I haven't thought that he would get any better for a few years, but that wasn't a problem to me unless the Texans were going to go out and try to find a better QB. I knew that they never would.

People in here actually think that Yates is a good QB which is a crazy idea all together. If you want to replace Schaub then fine. Replace him when you actually have an opportunity to get someone that could be a "great" QB for years and years. Don't replace just to replace. Replace the "right" way. Trying to annoint Yates as the next guy just because he happens to be on this team would be do nothing but prolong a bad QB situation.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #44
Dawgnme
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Dawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respected

Just about? Been about.
Old 12-30-2012   #45
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Ok.... that one was on Andre. We want Schaub to throw that fade, just like that. Andre was looking for something on the inside, which was a viable option as well... one of them was wrong, I'm thinking it was Andre.

I liked that throw.
That throw was terrible. Andre has inside position and you throw it long and outside. Stronger arm and he could take some air off it and put it in there...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #46
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I am too. Whenever Manning had the monkey on his back that he couldn't win a big game it was because Manning is consistently awesome and the big game was for a ring.

When I say Schaub can't win a big game, I'm talking about a friggin regular season game with much lower achievements on the line. Schaub can't even win the big games that lead up to bigger games.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Big contradiction to your posts before where you criticized Schaub.
How is it a contradiction? I'm still criticizing Schaub?

Quote:
Are you saying our running game is playing well right now??

Do you think our O line is playing really well right now??

Do you feel like the play calling is helping this team out right now??

That's a hell of a lot of questions I'm asking. I think there are rhetorical questions that should have a no at the end of it. That's a Kubiak problem when an entire offense has gotten this bad at the end of a season.

Ignoring who the HC and the over all leader of the offense is which is Kubiak is being selective at who you don't want to admit the problems are associated with. Schaub can't control his Oline or what happens in the running game.
The Texans problems are like an onion, that's all I'm saying. There are layers to our problems.

Kubiak's got problems. Schaub's got problems. To blame them all on Kubiak isn't always prudent. I'm not ignoring Kubiak's issues. But I'm seeing a lot of the things we wanted to see in the play calling today. That we aren't executing is a Kubiak issue, but in a round about way.

He's not calling the plays when we expect him to, well, I don't think we'd be happy with anyone.
Old 12-30-2012   #48
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19115 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
That throw was terrible. Andre has inside position and you throw it long and outside. Stronger arm and he could take some air off it and put it in there...
It was a hail mary basically, he was hoping that Andre would be in the back of the end zone. Matt hasn't been progressing his reads at all he just stares down Andre and keeps throwing it to him.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #49
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74785 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Close it, burn it and shoot the ashes into space
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #50
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with the Kubiak take. This guy should have been gone years ago, but he always does just enough to get another chance. This team is too talented to take on his turtle shell personality, and i hate to see our window wasted. Letting Wade go be a hc elsewhere will be a huge mistake.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #51
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Why does Matt Schaub still have a JOB!!!!!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Andre started outside, then cut back in. Hard to tell when the ball was released, but Schaub probably made up his mind before Andre cut back in.
Old 12-30-2012   #53
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1737 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

You'd be hard pressed to find a worse starting qb in the league. Hell, I would rather have a lot of backups out there over Schaub.
He's just a loser, born loser. He doesn't have the ability to will himself or his team to any sort of higher level of play.
He folds up like a cheap suit.
Old 12-30-2012   #54
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

schaub doesn't have any arm strength, he is not a leader, he hears footsteps and he makes bad decisions. but he is going to the pro bowl.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #55
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
There was no cap room to sign Manning.
Meh , they shoulda kept MW , Signed Manning and traded for Megatron .... Cap room be damned .... Oh and bought Bill Belichick from the Patriots while they were at it.

(Do I need to post the sarcasm thingy ?!)

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #56
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

His performance today hurt my heart. Why do I keep doing this to myself.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #57
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

His tendency to just go down at the slightest bit of pressure is awful. He doesn't even try to extend the play just go down.

No wonder the defense has given up the last 2 games. They just imitate Schaub.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #58
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
His performance today hurt my heart. Why do I keep doing this to myself.
His performance today hurt my liver, but after watching this team for a decade plus, the area wear he hurt me was just a old scar.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #59
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

The D isn't giving up; they just need to keep the freaking safeties back. That play today was the kind of wicked go-for-it play that Kubiak does not run, though. I don't really blame our D for getting beat by that play, especially since Luck did what Schaub could not have and put the ball right where the receiver needed it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #60
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
His tendency to just go down at the slightest bit of pressure is awful. He doesn't even try to extend the play just go down.

No wonder the defense has given up the last 2 games. They just imitate Schaub.
Our defense in the recent games, they come out and try really hard at the onset of the game.

Then, as Kubiak and Schaub piss our chances away, you can see them just sort of let up a little. Then they let up a whole lot at the end.

How can they be blamed? They've been covering for Gary for two years. TWO.

Gary plays it safe when we're pinned inside our own 10...going for screen plays and draw plays..punting the ball so that defense can maybe produce a turnover or force another punt. I've even seen Gary end up doing this twice on back-to-back possessions in one game.

As a guy on defense, I'd have to look at the culmination of Kubiak's efforts and I'd have to think 'I'm on my ****ing OWN out here. On an island. It's on me, 24/7, to cover for the HC and his failure of a QB."

Nobody can withstand that for an extended period of time. That they have done what they have done, for two seasons, is actually really good. They're bigger men than I would have been. JJ Watt is the reason. That guy is gold.

And he now joins AJ as two golden players who are sunk by Kubiak's pewter ass.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read