Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2011   #301
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: im done with schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yeah, to see Flacco throwing a completion while two Texans defenders take him down was impressive.

Meanwhile, a Ravens defender gets blocked into Schaub and basically takes him down with a forearm. Schaub was already thinking fetal before contact. You can see it in his eyes.
Thats got to be the biggest thing for me .... He dont seem to have much "Fight" in him ..... Maybe Gary needs to make him practice while wearing a skirt .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Old 10-17-2011   #302
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5078 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Schaub has had the traits of a loser since the day he got here.
He just has absolutely no traits that a winner has.

He folds up under pressure. He never rises to the occasion. He just simply is not very good, bless his heart. He tries.....
He just is not good.
that is simply not true he has led several game winning drives down the field only to have a sub par D drop tbe ball with less than 1 min to play.... I will admit he does not quite look as good this yr but QB's have off yrs.
Old 10-17-2011   #303
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 26851 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I just wished the guy showed some fire and passion for the game. he seems so methodical and unemotional out there.
And this is the argument that I'll never understand.

Oh, I get a lot of the arguments against Schaub (whether I agree or disagree); but this one? No. What is Schaub supposed to do? Throw tantrums like Rivers? Lead an insane pre-game voodoo huddle like Brees?

I'm just not sure what sort of "fire" he's supposed to show on the sidelines, or what sort of facial expressions he is supposed to wear? Indeed, I think this topic is a prime example of couch-cuddling fans projecting their inner fantasies of the star athlete winthin themselves whose dreams of touchdowns and glory went as far south as their beer guts. Soft in the middle. Middle-aged treasures.

Or, look at it from another angle. I think Johnny Unitas, Bob Griese, Roger Staubach and Lenny Dawson, just to name a few, went pretty far as damn good QBs with faces so soft you could roast them over a fire between some chocolate and graham crackers.
Old 10-18-2011   #304
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

TBO if schaub does not pan out i want to bring in a really good Vet QB this franchise has never done that
Old 10-18-2011   #305
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 26851 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
TBO if schaub does not pan out i want to bring in a really good Vet QB this franchise has never done that
Damn, double post.

Last edited by EVOLVIST; 10-18-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-18-2011   #306
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
By that you mean a real old QB, because I can't think of one right now who isn't a backup, or who isn't a franchise QB, who is in any way available.

Hasslebeck to the Titans is a recent move that fits this bill.
Old 10-18-2011   #307
foster12
noob

Hasselback does fit that bill, but there are very few other examples. At least that I can think of.
Old 10-18-2011   #308
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by foster12 View Post
Hasselback does fit that bill, but there are very few other examples. At least that I can think of.
hey, I think I saw Brett Favre sitting on a tractor....he's available.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Old 10-18-2011   #309
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74785 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Im done with Schaub if he can not out run some damn plodding zombies.
Old 10-18-2011   #310
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
hey, I think I saw Brett Favre sitting on a tractor....he's available.
I'd almost take a shot with Favre .... There's fight in that dog.

Favre is the Anti-Schaub .... He'll take chances to make plays .... take a big shot to give his reciever a chance. Yes , he throws INT's ..... but its not for lack of effort.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Old 10-19-2011   #311
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

so if schaub has a poor outing this weekend at tenn would you like to see leinart vs jags. i say do it.
Old 10-19-2011   #312
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
so if schaub has a poor outing this weekend at tenn would you like to see leinart vs jags. i say do it.
The only way this happens is if that poor outing includes a sidelining injury.
Old 10-19-2011   #313
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
The only way this happens is if that poor outing includes a sidelining injury.
also, he's already banged up, i hope the line keeps him clean. if not kubiaks hand may indeed be forced. i know he's our best option when he's playing his best ball but i think his best ball is behind him. maybe a healthy leinart whos trying to prove his worth to houston and the rest of the league is what this team needs
Old 10-19-2011   #314
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
A poor Matt Schaub outing is better than a good Leinart outing. This crap has gotten ridiculous.
Old 10-19-2011   #315
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
a poor matt schaub outing is better than a good leinart outing. This crap has gotten ridiculous.
amen!!!!
Old 10-19-2011   #316
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I'd almost take a shot with Favre .... There's fight in that dog.

Favre is the Anti-Schaub .... He'll take chances to make plays .... take a big shot to give his reciever a chance. Yes , he throws INT's ..... but its not for lack of effort.
I would stop being a Texans fan if that even came close to happening.
Old 10-19-2011   #317
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I would stop being a Texans fan if that even came close to happening.
Well get ready my friend to find you another team because shaub is very consistent at losing games that we should win I have no faith in Matt Shaub!!!!
Old 12-30-2012   #318
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

i just dont know what anyone sees in him anymore
Old 12-30-2012   #319
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Ha another pick. Right on cue
Old 12-30-2012   #320
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1737 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

texans dont have s sophisticsted fanbase. we dont understand the difference between a guy that qjust tries to not mske mistakes and plays with an efficient system like dilfer or schaub or someone like that and a gu that is good.

we are still learning to differentiate between the two as a fanbase.

schaub is exhibit a. he is a horrible qb thst would only start for two or three teams in the league

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read