Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2012   #21
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just About Ready to Close the Book on Schaub

OPen dat **** UP
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #22
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Bigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I don't give a damn about stats. I realize the OL is not playing well. I also realize Matt Schaub is a problem.

David Carr had potential right up until about mid-way through the 2004 season. I, amongst many others, tried to figure out what was going wrong for a long time period after that. I'm able to recognize that folly now. Schaub has hit his ceiling, and he simply cannot make deep throws when the guy is not ten yards clear of a defender.
Lol, When I said this last week I was the "Idiot"
Old 12-30-2012   #23
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm very close to wanting to see Yates.

I'll take moxie and mobility over "knowing the playbook backwards and forwards" at this point.
It's not like Yates needs to know more than a handful of plays with Kubiak's play calling. 90% of that Dennys menu must have omelet recipes on it.
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans, in miracle fashion, found their MOJO.

Talk about waiting until the 11th hour!
Old 12-30-2012   #25
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
It's not like Yates needs to know more than a handful of plays with Kubiak's play calling. 90% of that Dennys must have omelet recipes on it.
LOL. I laughed out loud. Rep your way.
Old 12-30-2012   #26
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101723 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems like just about everyone is totally missing it.

Schaub is not the biggest problem with this team. Kubiak is and always will be. THe O line has played worse, the running game has played worse, our WR's outside of AJ are terrible and have been for years. This entire offense has fallen off and who is that on?? It's one the guy controlling it all and that's Kubiak and his turtle syndrome. Kubiak doesn't ignite or pump up the players. People forget how bad this team was until Wade brought a great defense. Scaub my be playing worse, but it amazes me that people have no ability to see that this entire offense is playing worse.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #27
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it time for a new special teams coach yet?
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #28
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Bigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Seems like just about everyone is totally missing it.

Schaub is not the biggest problem with this team. Kubiak is and always will be. THe O line has played worse, the running game has played worse, our WR's outside of AJ are terrible and have been for years. This entire offense has fallen off and who is that on?? It's one the guy controlling it all and that's Kubiak and his turtle syndrome. Kubiak doesn't ignite or pump up the players. People forget how bad this team was until Wade brought a great defense. Scaub my be playing worse, but it amazes me that people have no ability to see that this entire offense is playing worse.
I dont think people are missing it. I also thing everyone would agree with the fact that EVERYONE is playing under thier capabilities right noe. I think what we are saying (Atleast what Im saying) is hes the one that snaps the ball with time on the clock right into a blitz he knows he cant handle. Hes the one that underthrows his recievers. Hes the one that has no mobility to evade tackles. Hell, if they blitz him from the middle he wont even think about stepping to the side.

For me all im saying is, for someone that controls EVERY SINGLE PLAY... I think we could be playing loads better just my killing the QB mistakes
Old 12-30-2012   #29
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Point proven... 3rd in 21 and he throws it to the RB with no chance over getting the 1st.
Old 12-30-2012   #30
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 15724 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbots_02 View Post
Point proven... 3rd in 21 and he throws it to the RB with no chance over getting the 1st.
it's schaubs fault kubiak called a screen?
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
There was no cap room to sign Manning.
If there was, do you think we would have?
Old 12-30-2012   #32
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101723 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I dont think people are missing it. I also thing everyone would agree with the fact that EVERYONE is playing under thier capabilities right noe. I think what we are saying (Atleast what Im saying) is hes the one that snaps the ball with time on the clock right into a blitz he knows he cant handle. Hes the one that underthrows his recievers. Hes the one that has no mobility to evade tackles. Hell, if they blitz him from the middle he wont even think about stepping to the side.

For me all im saying is, for someone that controls EVERY SINGLE PLAY... I think we could be playing loads better just my killing the QB mistakes
You just described problems all over the offense, but by your own admission only want to blame one person for the problems who doesn't control all of that. Geez, sometimes I wonder what some of you guys are thinking. It's like you don't even see an Oline and a Dline out there. Don't even bother thinking about the fact that we're supposed to be a running team that can't run the ball and that we run the majority of the time any way. Just blame Schaub for everything and things will get better.

This is an entire offense falling apart. That's on KUBIAK!! Sure, Schaub has playing bad right now, but he is only one of the many problems. If you can't see that and feel like it all needs to be addressed, then you're just being selective and aren't fully understanding how an offense works.
Old 12-30-2012   #33
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That was the designed play, that's on Kubiak.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson80 View Post
He controls every play, Schaub is an extension of Kubiak. Do you ever see Schaub audible? Schaub actually hits a good percentage of his throws. My problem with Kubiak is he goes through stretches where he is stubborn calling plays that aren't working. He is also conservative and that is rubbing off on the team. Get a big lead then take your foot off the gas pedal. We got a good record then took the gas pedal off. Without Wade he is an 8-8 coach the proof is there.
I'm not buying that.

To me, it's the difference between when Carr was here & when Sage started, or when Schaub took over.

Same plays, just look totally different with an attitude change at QB.

Look at San Francisco. SAme plays.... different swagger.

Kubiak has his faults as well, just saying. The QB play issues are on Schaub.
Old 12-30-2012   #35
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
it's schaubs fault kubiak called a screen?
Im clearly not on the field but I would have guess there was someone further down the field with atleast a better chance.

I think schaub is a servicable QB but he need every single piece around him to work in order for him to be servicable
Old 12-30-2012   #36
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 15724 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Im clearly not on the field but I would have guess there was someone further down the field with atleast a better chance.
looks to me like it was designed to go to foster
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #37
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I'm not buying that.

To me, it's the difference between when Carr was here & when Sage started, or when Schaub took over.

Same plays, just look totally different with an attitude change at QB.

Look at San Francisco. SAme plays.... different swagger.

Kubiak has his faults as well, just saying. The QB play issues are on Schaub.
Big contradiction to your posts before where you criticized Schaub.

Are you saying our running game is playing well right now??

Do you think our O line is playing really well right now??

Do you feel like the play calling is helping this team out right now??

That's a hell of a lot of questions I'm asking. I think there are rhetorical questions that should have a no at the end of it. That's a Kubiak problem when an entire offense has gotten this bad at the end of a season.

Ignoring who the HC and the over all leader of the offense is which is Kubiak is being selective at who you don't want to admit the problems are associated with. Schaub can't control his Oline or what happens in the running game.
Old 12-30-2012   #38
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

books suck..
Old 12-30-2012   #39
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Give kubiak a better qb and this offense becomes consistently explosive.

Finding that better qb won't be easy though.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #40
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Give kubiak a better qb and this offense becomes consistently explosive.

Finding that better qb won't be easy though.
Funny how you weren't saying these things last season or even 5 games ago. All of a sudden Schaub has been the problem with this offense all these years?? Amazing that you kept this a secret all this time with as much as you post.

Kubiak's had a guy who has been at the better half of QB's around the league for years. He may not be playing great now, but neither is the rest of his turtle offense. Gary can't get this entire team ready to play, and that's the bottom line. What an excuse for Kubiak here.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read