Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2012   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Just About Ready to Close the Book on Schaub

I don't give a damn about stats. I realize the OL is not playing well. I also realize Matt Schaub is a problem.

David Carr had potential right up until about mid-way through the 2004 season. I, amongst many others, tried to figure out what was going wrong for a long time period after that. I'm able to recognize that folly now. Schaub has hit his ceiling, and he simply cannot make deep throws when the guy is not ten yards clear of a defender.
Old 12-30-2012   #2
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just About Ready to Close the Book on Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
You know I defended HWNSNBM for too long...all the wat up to the end and I don't want to look like an idiot again.....I really need to ponder is Schaub is worth a $hit anymore or not as I haven't really given it much thought but he consistently has been toilet water lately.
I am getting close to that point but not quite there yet....but razor thin close.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #3
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to call a spade a spade. Matt Schaub can't lead an elite team.
Old 12-30-2012   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I am getting close to that point but not quite there yet....but razor thin close.
Me too. That's why I said "just about" in the title. I'm waiting out the playoffs.
Old 12-30-2012   #5
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80234 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

welcome to the dark side
Old 12-30-2012   #6
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 811 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

No mobility and just not a deep threat. He's just not as talented as these new breed of qbs.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #7
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 811 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

also ready to close the book on Kubiak. He should have been gone and Wade saved his job. Now its time for Wade to take his job. Kubiak is a little bich
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2012   #8
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Physically not able to do it. Bottom line. I think he knows what to do but physically can't. Even on bootlegs he is so slow he throws the ball late and short. Even when play works he can't execute.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #9
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I have never said a bad thing about Schaub before. But lets face it... he is a fat blob with a noodle arm that folds under pressure.

That Denver game had me so fooled.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #10
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

ive been there for about 4 years now.. nice to see you guys here... sending postcards to the rest of the fanbase..
Old 12-30-2012   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Not only have I closed the book on Schaub, I've closed the book on Gary Kubiak as well. Schaub is just a extension of his head coach. In big games/situations both suffer from turtle ____ syndrome and come up short.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #12
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

It's too late to replace him with a QB who is better. We missed our chance on Peyton Manning last off-season. I don't see anybody else out there who you can deem an upgrade? We've thrown all our eggs into the Schaub basket. He better pick up his level of play and lead us to a second half comeback win today,
Old 12-30-2012   #13
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 36798 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

been telling you guys for years, but Schaub..

- can't throw the long ball
- late or doesn't do his progression
- can't run for (*)@$#

Not a good combination, defenses are sitting on the short/mid range zones and trying to force the long ball.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #14
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 46887 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Agreed. This team looks totally out of it. They don't even look like they want to be there. I want Gary Kubiak out and honestly, I don't want Wade as his replacement. Wade is missing ONE major defensive player in Brian Cushing. I know that is a major blow, but it shouldn't destroy your entire defense.

I want them all gone. This team needs new management and a new quarterback.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #15
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92649 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson80 View Post
also ready to close the book on Kubiak. He should have been gone and Wade saved his job. Now its time for Wade to take his job. Kubiak is a little bich
Last I checked, Kubiak isn't the one who is under throwing his receivers. I could be wrong about that, though. Oh wait, I get it. He picked the QB though, right?

Lame.

But back to the OP, yeah, I'm ready to close the book on Schaub myself.

How is it freaking possible to be so disgusted, disappointed, and embarrassed about a soon to be 12-4 team. This is just nuts.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm very close to wanting to see Yates.

I'll take moxie and mobility over "knowing the playbook backwards and forwards" at this point.

Schaub has to play better. The colts arent even all that.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #17
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm very close to wanting to see Yates.

I'll take moxie and mobility over "knowing the playbook backwards and forwards" at this point.

Schaub has to play better. The colts arent even all that.
Was just thinking this.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #18
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
It's too late to replace him with a QB who is better. We missed our chance on Peyton Manning last off-season.
There was no cap room to sign Manning.
Old 12-30-2012   #19
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Look at that a player showing some emotion!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #20
ajohnson80
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Last I checked, Kubiak isn't the one who is under throwing his receivers. I could be wrong about that, though. Oh wait, I get it. He picked the QB though, right?

Lame.

But back to the OP, yeah, I'm ready to close the book on Schaub myself.

How is it freaking possible to be so disgusted, disappointed, and embarrassed about a soon to be 12-4 team. This is just nuts.
He controls every play, Schaub is an extension of Kubiak. Do you ever see Schaub audible? Schaub actually hits a good percentage of his throws. My problem with Kubiak is he goes through stretches where he is stubborn calling plays that aren't working. He is also conservative and that is rubbing off on the team. Get a big lead then take your foot off the gas pedal. We got a good record then took the gas pedal off. Without Wade he is an 8-8 coach the proof is there.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read