Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2012   #20
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin and the 2013 draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Good news,

Dont know what OG/OT's are available in FA, but if they can sign an above avg OG and draft somebody like Long in the 2nd rd. The OL would look much better. Then get AJ some help on the outside and I think Schaub, despite his limitations would look much better.

Wade Smith made the pro bowl and will probably be looking to get paid. I've got alot of faith in Brooks taking over for Smith.

Agree with you about Barwin, but he put on weight this offseason and it hurt his quickness, if he gets back to last yrs playing weight he can become a double digit sack guy again. He's a hard worker so I wouldn't bet against him. Like you said it will all come down to the $$$$ with Barwin.

I know that the Texans could use a NT and a ILB and they should use later rd picks on those guys. Knott/A.J. Klein could be drafted later. But my philosophy is because teams play about 60% nickle defense now building the secondary should be a priority. Demps is a weakness and if he's re-signed for vet min to be a 4th S/ST's guy that would be OK.

The fastest way to upgrade the defense would be to re-sign Quin and to spend the 3rd rd comp pick on a S like Duke Williams, he can cover the slot WR/TE as well as play on the back end. This would also free up the Quin. I'm not advocating Williams although I like him alot. Just giving a philosophy on how to improve the Texans defense quickly.
I agree with everything you say here. I'd like us to target Andy Levitre from Buffalo or Brandon Moore from the Jets and I'd love to grab Long or another solid OT prospect in the 2nd. We also need some S depth as Dempsey and Keo are full of meh
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read