Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-27-2012   #21
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

I just finished watching Mike Glennon in 5 games; I think people will start talking about him soon.

Good size, good arm.
Good mobility for a big man.
Can throw with pretty good accuracy on the run.

Pretty solid footwork and mechanics.

I think he has a good ceiling.
There's a chance that he can be an upgrade over Schaub.

I want to watch him some more.
At the moment I think he's a late second, or at least an early third.

Some already said he might be drafted in the first.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #22
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I just finished watching Mike Glennon in 5 games; I think people will start talking about him soon.

Good size, good arm.

I like manuel in 2nd or 3rd rd
Old 12-30-2012   #23
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldnt take a QB in this class prior to the 4th round .... bunch of career backups.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #24
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I wouldnt take a QB in this class prior to the 4th round .... bunch of career backups.
Pinstripe Bowl was kind of brutal.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #25
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Pinstripe Bowl was kind of brutal.
Not good condition for aerial attacks.
I just read that there were a dozen of dropped passes in the first half alone.
Old 12-30-2012   #26
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If Bray grows up and improves his footwork he can be a franchise QB. (Big if) I would trade up and take him at the end of the 1st rd/top of 2nd rd.

Dysert also has potential to be a starter. I dont like Glennon, he's got the ability to be a starter but stares down his receivers too much for me to believe he will be successful in the NFL.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #27
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
From the college games I've watched this year, I can say this is a false statement. Now if u want to say,guys need a yr or 2,I will give you that. Murray,manuel,bray can all be good starters in this league. Bray and manuel have a lot of physical talent.
Old 12-30-2012   #28
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Tyler Wilson is interesting. He'd be worth an extended look.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #29
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I like manuel in 2nd or 3rd rd
I watched Florida and N.C. St.

I don't like how EJ doesn't seem to recognize coverage, blitz, and holding on to the ball too long.

I didn't like him as a Jr, but I will watch him some more this year.

At this moment, we're looking for somebody who has the ceiling to replace Schaub.
Even if it might take a couple of years, the guy must demonstrate that upside.
Old 12-31-2012   #30
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Good size, good arm.

I hope you are watching this bowl game... Glennon is ****ting the bed. Poor footwork and poor accuracy gallore (sp?).
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #31
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I hope you are watching this bowl game... Glennon is ****ting the bed. Poor footwork and poor accuracy gallore (sp?).
He also looks like he has no mobility ie. Schaub and even the announcers made the comment that he doesn't like to move around.
Old 12-31-2012   #32
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I think these comments and evaluations are the reason why Smith was eager to re-sign Schaub. Even Geno and Dysart who I mocked early last off season will need a year or so to develop as starters. Fans can complain all they want about Matt, but I see no option as a replacement that can put you where Schaub has so far.
Well I bet I can find a guy who can throw two picks to help cost his team the 1st seed and HFA through the playoffs in less than 3 phone calls.

Old 12-31-2012   #33
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Good size, good arm.

Man he reminds me of a young joe flaco. He, Like a lot of the QB's in this class has potential and all the physical abilities you look for in a young QB. But he is going to need some time and good coaching to reach his potential. As are the other all the other top talents in this draft.
Old 12-31-2012   #34
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Time to bring VY home!

Eww just threw up a little in my mouth. Maybe we should draft a better backup next year. Maybe a local kid like the one from UH or Baylor. has anyone seen the QB #4 zack dysert from Miami oh? I like what I've seen from him so far.
I have been on the Dysert train for awhile.
Old 12-31-2012   #35
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Glennon is a good prospect to begin as a backup. He's got a very good arm and some ability to sling it. If he's a little slow footed, I'm sure he'll learn very well from Schaub lol...seriously though, Texans need to start building up their QB talent core. Schaub is sailing off the map and TJ Yates is a Sage 2.0...a gunslinger who makes things happen like touchdowns and turnovers. They should start taking chances with QBs until they have a legitimate, contending QB.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #36
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81420 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

This QB class is not very good. Smith and Barkley will probably go early but only because of team's needing QB's. Glennon is a project. He's very raw. He's going to be extremely overrated come draft time because of his size and arm. Bray might have the most talent of all the guys in this draft but he has serious attitude questions. I like Tyler Wilson, but I don't think he'll be anything more than a solid starter.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #37
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

I think when evaluating these young qbs, we must remember these are not finished products. What we should look for in these players are traits that can't be taught. Good coaching can make up for a lot of things,but the ball of clay that is the talent is natural. I can find flaws in all of these qbs,but I'm looking for the guy who can do some of the things that will have the entire playbook open in a couple of years. How many guys are big enough,mobile enough,and the arm talent and iq to do everything kubiak would like to do. I really feel from a physical standpoint, if kubes were coaching carr earlier in his career,he would've been a lot better even though I was never a david carr guy. How many guys fit the aaron rodgers profile as a qb? Not the aaron rodgers we see now,but the guy coming in who had a nfl with good mobility. In this microwave era, many want aaron rodger the mvp and best qb in the league,but in reality after his 2nd yr in the league,a lot of people thought he wasn't gonna be any good.is there a guy with his out of college skillset who will be availible for the texans?
Old 01-01-2013   #38
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Well I bet I can find a guy who can throw two picks to help cost his team the 1st seed and HFA through the playoffs in less than 3 phone calls.

yeah you can find someone to match his negatives but that is not what we want. Try finding someone that can match his positives and that we can get. Keep in mind that I have tried to replace Matt for two years.
Old 01-01-2013   #39
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

EJ Manuel in the 3rd or 4th ... Why ... He has talent and is a 4 year guy who was a team leader .
Old 01-01-2013   #40
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
EJ Manuel in the 3rd or 4th ... Why ... He has talent and is a 4 year guy who was a team leader .
I keeping wanting to like EJ Manuel more than I do. Nice physical specimen, throws a nice ball, moves well enough, does not seem like a mental midget, but something is just missing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read