Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2012   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!

If the Texans are going to make it to New Orleans they MUST beat the Colts and secure the homefield advantage.

If they lose tomorrow with so much at stake, I think it's safe to say the wheels have officially come off and they won't make it past the 2nd round.

Tomorrow is going to show us a LOT about this team, especially the ones whom are getting murdered this week on this board, namely Schaub and Kubiak.

I am looking at this as a playoff game and am pretty jacked up. I really hope they don't blow this one because last night I dreamed that they did and I don't want that feeling again.

In my dream Schaub was having a terrible game and they were getting killed. I started throwing stuff in my dream and woke up mad. It took a few seconds for me to realize it was Saturday morning and the game hadn't started yet. So with that I was relieved (at least until kickoff).

Anyway ... enough with the negative. It's time to get jacked up again!
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: The Road to the Super Bowl Starts in about 24 Hours

Get ready.

Old 12-30-2012   #3
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Road to the Super Bowl Starts in about 24 Hours

Let's do this shizz!!!
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #4
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!

I'm debating getting loud for this game...

Yeah, I think I will. **** it.

Old 12-30-2012   #5
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4036 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Had a dream like that last Saturday. I agree with you Hookem, this game will tell us all about this years Texans.
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #6
since02
"Step 1"

Rep Power: 0 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02

hmmm... ironic

I had the same dream!
The same night and also woke up mad, the Texans better prove me wrong..

I had to bust out the madden and smash the Colts to feel better!
since02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

ehh u never know what if we do lose today but still make it to the super bowl ..???? some how LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2012   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I don't want to put to much on this game. That's a sure way to knee jerk city. If we beat the Colts, it don't mean a thing. They are a bad team that's having an amazing Cinderella type season. Lots of magic & how the F moments. Beatinv them is what we're supposed to do.

If we lose, it doesn't really tell us much. They're having a Cinderella season. Lots of magic & how the F moments. It's not a play-off game & we're still alive.

It would be nice if we get hot & we can see it. But even a blowout won't tell us that we are ready & there will be many here to remind us. Just like they remind us that our wins vs Chicago, Baltimore, Denver, & our last win against Indy don't mean anything. Fool's gold they'll say.

The bye week would be nice. The number one seed would be nice. But the last two Super Bowl teams didn't have bye weeks. When the Colts won the Super Bowl, they didn't have a bye week & if I remember right, the last time the Steelers won the Super Bowl they didn't have a bye week & this team could use some extra playing time.

I'm rooting for the Texans to win. Thats what I do. This isnt just another game, but it's not a play-off game either.
Old 12-30-2012   #9
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 127721 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok OK is it just me or does so many fans having the same dream about us getting killed in todays game sound like bad karma.

Hopefully they were just your common nightmare and not some Final Destination premonition to where play off death hunts down the texans for escaping with their lives this sunday
Old 12-30-2012   #10
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I saw 21-10 Texans in my dream last night, let's do this sh*t!
Ryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm drunk enough right now so when when I wake up in time for the game I'll still be feeling it. So just in case the Texans lose, I won't care so much because I'm hungover.

I think the Texans win this one, but I've prepared myself for the worst ...

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #12
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I don't want to put to much on this game. That's a sure way to knee jerk city. If we beat the Colts, it don't mean a thing. They are a bad team that's having an amazing Cinderella type season. Lots of magic & how the F moments. Beatinv them is what we're supposed to do.

If we lose, it doesn't really tell us much. They're having a Cinderella season. Lots of magic & how the F moments. It's not a play-off game & we're still alive.

It would be nice if we get hot & we can see it. But even a blowout won't tell us that we are ready & there will be many here to remind us. Just like they remind us that our wins vs Chicago, Baltimore, Denver, & our last win against Indy don't mean anything. Fool's gold they'll say.

The bye week would be nice. The number one seed would be nice. But the last two Super Bowl teams didn't have bye weeks. When the Colts won the Super Bowl, they didn't have a bye week & if I remember right, the last time the Steelers won the Super Bowl they didn't have a bye week & this team could use some extra playing time.

I'm rooting for the Texans to win. Thats what I do. This isnt just another game, but it's not a play-off game either.
The Colts are 10-5. Same record as the Ravens and 1 better than the Bengals. If they beat the Texans they would end up 11-5 and the Texans 12-4. A 1 game difference and that is with a rookie qb. One could easily point to the Detroit and Jacksonville games as how the F moment games.

This game to me is like a playoff game because there is a lot at stake for the Texans. Win and you only play 2 games to get to the superbowl. And as a bonus, the Patriots will have to battle it out with the Broncos so the Texans would only have to play one of them. And all the games at home

Lose and the Texans have to play 3 games to get to the superbowl and the biggest ones would be on the road. Traveling to New England and then Denver. Back to back real tough games on the road. Don't kid yourself. This game is huge for the Texans and they know it.

The Texans better come out and take care of business today. No excuses. No silver lining loss here.
Old 12-30-2012   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textan View Post
Had a dream like that last Saturday. I agree with you Hookem, this game will tell us all about this years Texans.
If we eek out a 24-20 win predicted by ThaShark316, it will tell me something I don't want to hear going into the playoffs........but of course we all know that this will be a blowout win for the Texans...........don't we?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's do this!!!

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The way I see it is if we win today, we'll be in the AFC Championship game. If we lose today, we won't make it to that game. Todays game is that important.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The way I see it is if we win today, we'll be in the AFC Championship game. If we lose today, we won't make it to that game. Todays game is that important.

Agreed
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #17
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Yup. Playoffs start today. I've been pissy all week about these guys. But I'm ready for this game.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #18
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

I am pumped!!!

This game is HUGE!!!!!!

We are the better team. We have had a terrific season and this game could pave our way to the Super Bowl!!!!!
Old 12-30-2012   #19
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

This game will show if we have a legit chance to make a playoff run or not.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #20
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5488 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope so, there is a Broncos fan I would LOVE for the Texans to shut up by taking number one seed.

He simply commented number one seeds barely ever win the SB.

I simply pointed out the same can be said about Peyton Manning.

Not only would it be nice to shut him up, would be nice to finally beat Indy IN Indy for a change.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read