Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-29-2012   #41
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts are 7 Point Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
It's our turn. Luck is no Payton Manning...YET. He hasn't EARNED the right to be in the playoffs. The Texans are more hungry.
didnt see that sunday looked like they wearnt there and are full of afc south champions...
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012   #42
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Texans are 0-11 playing in Indy, and one loss was against Dan Orlovsky and a better Texans defense...
Yeah, and the other 10 were against Peyton Manning. Whats your point?

That stat means absolutely nothing.

New teams on both sides of the ball.
Old 12-29-2012   #43
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 27534 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Again, what makes you think the Colts can stop the run? even if they put 10 men on the line. They couldn't "decipher" Gary's grand plan last time. They doubled & tripled Watt..... he got 3 sacks.. he had one of the most dominant games of any Defensive Lineman at any time in history.

We're a good football team going through a slump.

They are not a good football team.
They ARE a good football team. They're just not as talented as the Texans. Good football teams with inferior talents can beat a talented teams that is in a disarray at any given sunday. You add in the fact their desire to win for their cancer-battled coach and a pump-up home crowd, this underachieving Houston team is in trouble if they don't play a complete game.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012   #44
2slik4u
All Pro

Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

I was going to start a thread about this but I will just post in this one instead because I am a firm believer about NOT starting crap threads about my opinions or gut feelings...BUT...

I think we are going to dominate the Colts tomorrow. I know how we've played over the past month and a half and it hasnt been pretty. We all know that. I am not scared of Andrea (that was a typo but I think Ill keep it that way) Luck and the colts by any means. I think we(The Texans) have taken a beating from every angle...opposing offenses, opposing defenses, the media...hell...even the this damn message board. I think we come out hard and whip the **** out of the Colts to give not only the team some confidence, but the fans as we roll into the playoffs.

MY Predictions:

- JJ Watt breaks OR ties sack record
- Foster runs for 150 and a touch
- we hold their offense to 1 touchdown and a couple of FG's
- we cover the spread
- we win by 3 scores

Not sure why I am so confident but I think we will finally have something good to talk about and look forward to Sunday afternoon after the game.

...who the hell am I kidding? This is TexansTalk.com. Someone will find something to complain about...

Go Texans.

Old 12-30-2012   #45
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Great post! Rep to you!

But you forgot "The Castaways from Gilligan's Island were still marooned"
Yeah i left out a lot haha, didnt want to get to long winded with it
Old 12-30-2012   #46
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Double team Watt.
The Colts were double teaming him a few weeks ago and he still got his. In case you didn't notice.
Old 12-30-2012   #47
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
This is TexansTalk.com. Someone will find something to complain about...

Go Texans.

There will be complaints that a bye week will have the team flat for the divisional round. I am sure of it.

Thanks for posting in an existing thread.
Old 12-30-2012   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
They ARE a good football team. They're just not as talented as the Texans. Good football teams with inferior talents can beat a talented teams that is in a disarray at any given sunday. You add in the fact their desire to win for their cancer-battled coach and a pump-up home crowd, this underachieving Houston team is in trouble if they don't play a complete game.
Good football teams aren't -16 in turnovers. Good teams aren't -50 in points differential. Good teams don't give up 200+ yards rushing two weeks in a row.
Old 12-30-2012   #49
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
Good football teams aren't -16 in turnovers. Good teams aren't -50 in points differential. Good teams don't give up 200+ yards rushing two weeks in a row.
Completely agree with you. I think the colts are what most refer to as "paper champs". Plus the media just loves Andrew Luck. I think they are a team of opportunity and I will bet a crisp $20 bill that they get worked over in the first round exposing that they are out of their league.
Old 12-30-2012   #50
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 27534 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lopsided loss has contributed to those stats. But all good football teams win close games. The Colts have done that.
They didn't win 9 games this season by accident. No one was impressed by the Vikings season stats last week also.

I'm not saying they're better than the Texans. They clearly over match in personnel. But if you think Houston can win this game by playing good on only one aspect of the game you sadly mistaken. I don't think you realize the buzzsaw this game could be if Texans don't bring their A game to the field.
Old 12-30-2012   #51
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If Texans don't win TO battle.
If Texans have 6 or more penalties
If Texans also lose special teams.
If Kubiak is predictable in his call playing as usual
and the Colts play starters all game and maybe even if they don't
I think Texans lose

I think Matt will feel the pressure and force the ball and we will lose TO battle.

I think Kubiak will be predictable in play calling and the Colts will pressure Matt on 3rd down and Matt will make mistakes. Matt is a huge liability when it comes to being able to create. He has really gotten worse as the season has progressed. I hoped at the beginning of he season he would get more mobile not less. i think there is a good chance once the season is over we hear that Matt has been injured and tried to play through it.

I think there is just too huge a difference between MS and Luck in being able to create when the play does not work perfectly.

Colts will be able to shut down running game even with all our pro bowlers and then tee off on Matt. Colts just need to shut down AJ and know they won't get hurt by other WR.

Shut down Watt on D and they will move the ball and score. It may not take much offense by the Colts to win this game because I don't see Texans scoring much unless the D has multiple take aways.

I know negative outlook but the memory of last weeks game has not faded yet.

Just my opinion. Hope I am wrong.
Damnit
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #52
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

0-11

anybody else want to make excuses?

Told you all week this team will not win in Indy, not because I wanted them not to, because they have not show ANYTHING in 6, now 7 weeks that proves my case wrong. It was a simple eye test and the eyes don't lie, for the most part...

This is the SECOND year in a row THIS defense has gotten beaten in INDY...

When you are ready to open your eyes and see this team for the farce they are, come talk to me...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #53
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, and the other 10 were against Peyton Manning. Whats your point?

That stat means absolutely nothing.

New teams on both sides of the ball.
No not new teams on both sides, this Texans defense was the same defense is pretty much is now and still got beat..

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

I was wrong. The Colts played like a team ready for the play offs. I wouldn't be surprised if they win next week.

The Texans looked like the total opposite. I'd be surprised if they win next week.
Old 12-30-2012   #55
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I know who the real dogs were today.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #56
klockWork
All Pro

I don't know how many times in a row this team can play badly to convince people here they could lose to ANY nfl teams. I'm baffled at the amount of people that believes the Colts would get destroyed. I've been trying to tell people this Colts team is not a bad team and that Luck is not overated. It sucks as hell that I'm right.
Old 12-30-2012   #57
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

If anybody was overated it was Texans. 2 miraculous OT wins. Most of the other wins the D won not the O. You can't be elite team with MS as QB, Just too many physical liabilities.
Old 12-30-2012   #58
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
I was going to start a thread about this but I will just post in this one instead because I am a firm believer about NOT starting crap threads about my opinions or gut feelings...BUT...

I think we are going to dominate the Colts tomorrow. I know how we've played over the past month and a half and it hasnt been pretty. We all know that. I am not scared of Andrea (that was a typo but I think Ill keep it that way) Luck and the colts by any means. I think we(The Texans) have taken a beating from every angle...opposing offenses, opposing defenses, the media...hell...even the this damn message board. I think we come out hard and whip the **** out of the Colts to give not only the team some confidence, but the fans as we roll into the playoffs.

MY Predictions:

- JJ Watt breaks OR ties sack record
- Foster runs for 150 and a touch
- we hold their offense to 1 touchdown and a couple of FG's
- we cover the spread
- we win by 3 scores

Not sure why I am so confident but I think we will finally have something good to talk about and look forward to Sunday afternoon after the game.

...who the hell am I kidding? This is TexansTalk.com. Someone will find something to complain about...

Go Texans.

Well, so much for that...
Old 12-30-2012   #59
gafftop
Hall of Fame

I was rooting for your post but we are too predictable on offense.
Not all Kubes fault we are just too limited physically at the most important position.
Old 12-30-2012   #60
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
If anybody was overated it was Texans. 2 miraculous OT wins. Most of the other wins the D won not the O. You can't be elite team with MS as QB, Just too many physical liabilities.
The Texans proved you right today, but the Colts had more "miraculous" wins than we did.

If anything, those wins are a plus in our column. They show grit & the ability to win tough games. I understand the argument that those teams are bad & the games shouldn't have been close to begin with. But the fact remains, that there were issues that prevented us from playing our best football. We should have adjusted for those issues by now, we haven't. But that's a different story.

The D winning games.... again, that should be a plus for us. The problem now, is that our O can't be counted on & our defense isn't enough anymore.

& as far as Schaub & his physical limitations go, Watch the Denver/Chiefs game. Peyton Manning is making plays outside of the pocket. He'll scramble for 5 if he has to.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read