Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2012   #23
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 5477 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub voted 2012 Ed Block Courage Award winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
First, I was trying to be funny, but actually it doesn't make sense to say a guy who sucks in the regular season deserves a chance to prove himself in the playoffs. He has already proven what he is. If suddenly he plays like a top notch QB in the playoffs that would say to me that he was just coasting and didnt really care during the season.
I guess you and I have different definitions of "sucks". I don't think anyone could objectively say Schaub has "sucked" this year. He's had a few subpar games, but he's done a pretty decent job.

I was going to bring up Eli Manning in 2007, but that's been done now. Nobody knows how Matt will perform in the playoffs, but, yeah, I think he's earned a chance to show what he's got. Also, I don't think there's any question he's earned his teammates' respect. That says a lot to me.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read