Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2005   #1
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Thumbs up Our Houston Texans' Current Position

Our record right now is 1-9. Obviously, not what anybody thought it would be at this point in the season. However, I strongly feel we do indeed have the right players, coaches and fans to dig us out of this hole.

We made simple mistakes that added up during last night's game against Kansas City, and it took its toll. The positive thing here, is that I do not think we have one major problem on either side of the ball. Just numerous small ones, as I previously mentioned- (some lack of tackling, stupid penalties, etc.) We can, and i think will, reverse that trend, and then everything will take care of itself.

Our goal is to remain a team that will not quit, but fight. Thats what Houston Texan football is all about. We can still very well salvage the season with a strong finish, and tie last years record, and most importantly, save players and coaches jobs.

I also hate to make excuses, however, I'd like to indicate that possibly some of our recent losses have came because of the strength of our opponets. To this point, we have the NFL's toughest schedule.

Bottom line, lets just continue to prepare all week in practice, and go out and excute.

Continue to be a true fan please! Times will improve!

Go Texans
TexansAllTheWayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #2
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansAllTheWayBaby
We can still very well salvage the season with a strong finish, and tie last years record, and most importantly, save players and coaches jobs. Go Texans
Why in the world would you want to save the coaches jobs? As far as winning out and tying last years record forget it. It aint gonna happen. It's nice to be upbeat but you also have to be realistic. This team is bad.

Last edited by bckey; 11-21-2005 at 01:19 PM.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
Why in the world would you want to save the coaches jobs? As far as willing out and tying last years record forget it. It aint gonna happen. It's nice to be upbeat but you also have to be realistic. This team is bad.
Because if it indeed is NOT the coaches fault that we're 1-9, then by all means they SHOULD save their jobs.
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansAllTheWayBaby

I also hate to make excuses, however, I'd like to indicate that possibly some of our recent losses have came because of the strength of our opponets. To this point, we have the NFL's toughest schedule.
The Chiefs are a very average...average, average NFL team. We can't play with average teams. I'll have whatever you are drinking....but cut it in half. I don't want to lose my best judgment.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #5
sulli60
Rookie

17 points down...yeah we need 3 scores to at least tie the game, but who the hell would go for the field goal. Even at 4 down and 4 yards to go I'd rather pin them back on the 4 yard line if we miss.

My point is the coaches have lost this team and the fans.
sulli60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #6
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Explain to me, O disciples of the game...why we wouldn't just get the hatchet out now and show we are not the dummies we are appearing to be and cut the dead wood?
Lord knows we can't do any worse than we are now.

Maybe I am missing something since I am newer to the mechanics of football than alot of you. Why shouldn't we send the message to all that we refuse to accept anymore crap product and start the ball rolling for a new answer?
What more harm could it do than we are enduring now?
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #7
cadahnic
All Pro

I understand this guy wants to be optomistic. That is fine we have to have those type of fans. To the rest of us who know better, it is housecleaning time we start with Casserly and dont stop to we get to Jamal Lord on the practice squad. Carr should stay though!!
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2005   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
Explain to me, O disciples of the game...why we wouldn't just get the hatchet out now and show we are not the dummies we are appearing to be and cut the dead wood?
Lord knows we can't do any worse than we are now.

Maybe I am missing something since I am newer to the mechanics of football than alot of you. Why shouldn't we send the message to all that we refuse to accept anymore crap product and start the ball rolling for a new answer?
What more harm could it do than we are enduring now?
I'm beginning to swing your way, we need to clear cap room to build something that was never built, its going to take 2-3 years however otherwise we'll just have alot of dead money. the big question now is not if McNair will fire the coaching staff, thats a given, the real decision is if to extend David Carr's contract
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

This has to be a satirical takeoff on Capers and/or Casserly's coachspeak. Right? I think he's begging people to play along. I'll bite.

The initial ten games of the Texans' 2005 season are merely a bump in the road in what will ultimately lead to a championship season. If there weren't 15 better teams in the AFC, the Texans would be playing for all the marbles this February in Detroit.

I think we came back and fought hard in this game, but our execution was lacking. Clearly, we didn’t execute enough players and coaches during in the offseason.

We didn’t make enough plays to beat a good football team. "Good" being defined as any other team in the NFL. Or a BCS bowl team.

We weren’t consistent on offense, tonight. Wait, we were 1-11 on 3rd down conversions? We were too consistent on offense, tonight.

I thought both teams battled. This battle would be more like Little Big Horn, that’s all.

The one thing I do know about this team is that we’ve got fighters. Just look at Andre taking on the entire Kansas City defense. Or Walker and Carr getting into it on the sideline in Jacksonville. Real fighters, I say.

One thing I do know is that we don’t have any quitters on this team. Or any front runners. Well maybe quitters, but no way are there any front runners on this team. Heck, we’ve only held a lead maybe two or three times all season.

You have to go out and play for 60 minutes. Of course, the fans can leave at halftime. Which they did. The fans have been able to execute their early exit on a consistent basis this season. I envy them.

We didn’t do a very good job of defending the run, tonight. Much like the French didn’t do a very good job of defending Paris in WWII.

The most important thing, is winning the takeaway/giveaway battle. We’re well ahead in the giveaway category, so we should at least be a .500 team.

This is one of 16. We have 16 one-week seasons. At least it feels like 16 seasons. Is this over yet?
Old 11-21-2005   #10
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

This is hilarious!!!
Old 11-21-2005   #11
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Fortune favors the foolish - Capt. Kirk

Burn 'em all! - Johnny Ringo
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #12
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

This is just too much sugar-coating for me. If I read another one of these posts I'll get sick. Sorry, but I have to put this person on ignore.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #13
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

TexansAllTheWayBaby has to be related to Carr, Capers or McNair. Not even spiked kool-aid could do this...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #14
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

I love the enthusiasm Texansalltheway, except I'm not very psyched on the coaches - may be Hoke and Marcianno, the rest can go.
Old 11-21-2005   #15
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
This has to be a satirical takeoff on Capers and/or Casserly's coachspeak. Right? I think he's begging people to play along. I'll bite.

The initial ten games of the Texans' 2005 season are merely a bump in the road in what will ultimately lead to a championship season. If there weren't 15 better teams in the AFC, the Texans would be playing for all the marbles this February in Detroit.

I think we came back and fought hard in this game, but our execution was lacking. Clearly, we didn’t execute enough players and coaches during in the offseason.

We didn’t make enough plays to beat a good football team. "Good" being defined as any other team in the NFL. Or a BCS bowl team.

We weren’t consistent on offense, tonight. Wait, we were 1-11 on 3rd down conversions? We were too consistent on offense, tonight.

I thought both teams battled. This battle would be more like Little Big Horn, that’s all.

The one thing I do know about this team is that we’ve got fighters. Just look at Andre taking on the entire Kansas City defense. Or Walker and Carr getting into it on the sideline in Jacksonville. Real fighters, I say.

One thing I do know is that we don’t have any quitters on this team. Or any front runners. Well maybe quitters, but no way are there any front runners on this team. Heck, we’ve only held a lead maybe two or three times all season.

You have to go out and play for 60 minutes. Of course, the fans can leave at halftime. Which they did. The fans have been able to execute their early exit on a consistent basis this season. I envy them.

We didn’t do a very good job of defending the run, tonight. Much like the French didn’t do a very good job of defending Paris in WWII.

The most important thing, is winning the takeaway/giveaway battle. We’re well ahead in the giveaway category, so we should at least be a .500 team.

This is one of 16. We have 16 one-week seasons. At least it feels like 16 seasons. Is this over yet?
I will include my normal reaction.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #16
phan1
All Pro

Looking at our run defense, we DO NOT have the talent to win football games. We need better players plain and simple. Especially on the defensive side of the ball.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read