Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-28-2012   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Which player(s) will you focus on?

Schaub for me. He can and has overcome Oline, Rb and receiver issues before. Team needs to look at the QB to keep them focused and pumped up. He calls the plays and per both him and Kubiak, Matt can audible out. I want to not see a dazed look but a keen "I know where we go next." He has to check down, not force ball & keep the chains moving. Open it up and stop the dinkem passes that get AJ beat up hoping he can turn 2-3 yards into 10. Utilize his RB in passing scheme a bit too.
Old 12-28-2012   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which player(s) will you focus on?

I've been honing in on Barwin lately..just rewatched the Indy & Minny games...Considering the position he plays in this defense, how much we went into this season relying on him to continue his growth from last year.....this guy is doing absolutely nothing out there....Talk about someone we need to bench...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

If I watch the game I'll focus on how the team plays and responds to certain situations.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #4
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

On defense, I watch Watt and Reed/Mercilus.

On offense, right guard and right tackle.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Jon Weeks. Gotta make sure he delivers a perfect spiral into the Jones' hands every time no matter the situation.
Old 12-28-2012   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Offensive and defensive lines. I do not expect to win any given game if our lines are being manhandled.
Old 12-28-2012   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub
O line
RBs

If that stuff ain't fixed, we're going nowhere fast.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-28-2012   #8
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll focus on the O-line because all offensive production starts there. If you've got no O-line then you've got no running or passing game.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #9
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Oline for me as well.
-It will make the running game better
-It will make Matt Schaub better
-It will help Kubiak by not having to avoid certain plays
-It will help control the clock
-It will help the defense stay rested

Yup-oline for me.
Old 12-28-2012   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I've been honing in on Barwin lately..just rewatched the Indy & Minny games...Considering the position he plays in this defense, how much we went into this season relying on him to continue his growth from last year.....this guy is doing absolutely nothing out there....Talk about someone we need to bench...
I am certain there are players who blow apart after a great season like Conner's 2011 but what's puzzling is why. No health issues, team even stronger and a contract year. A relatively small (I guess) weight gain should not have caused derailment & if it did, why not lose said weight to eventually recover? While letting him leave removes a larger salary, it leaves us with a question mark over a prime position. Hopefully, Mercilus and Reed will be productive and a draft pick will increase depth. Team gets younger...
Old 12-28-2012   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I am certain there are players who blow apart after a great season like Conner's 2011 but what's puzzling is why. No health issues, team even stronger and a contract year. A relatively small (I guess) weight gain should not have caused derailment & if it did, why not lose said weight to eventually recover? While letting him leave removes a larger salary, it leaves us with a question mark over a prime position. Hopefully, Mercilus and Reed will be productive and a draft pick will increase depth. Team gets younger...
If you think about Barwin's season last year it wasn't really all that great...He started off slow and then finished ok...

He had 4 sacks against The Jags last year. Now he beat the OT last year, but four times? That screams bad O-line/QB play seeing as he didn't even get two in any other game...

Take away those 4 sacks or heck just take away two of them and he's not in double digits last year. I think he got fat off of the one game against the Jags and it made him look like he had a pretty good year.

His year was ok overall with that one big game.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #12
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Both O and D lines. If we control the line of scrimmage we should win. If we don't it'll be the first losing streak of the season.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #13
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
By this point in the season, guys have dropped a little poundage just from the sheer rigors of the sesaon..but its not just the lack of sacks production that i'm looking at with this dude. he's missing tackles left and right, he often times is way out of position containment wise & he's borderline becoming a liability out there.

I never liked the pick but if he was an asset anywhere i'd be ok with him starting...as he is now, the guy is giving us next to nothing though & we can't have that at that position..it sets us back draft wise though...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #14
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub, oline, Watt, and Foster.
Old 12-28-2012   #15
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

All of 'em. They ALL need to step their game up. Well except for that #99 guy. He's doing "OK" far as I can tell.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #16
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

ill be keeping a close eye on posey and barwin
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

OL and LB's. That's been our Achilles Heel when we're playing poorly.

As far as Barwin is concerned, I think he should stay at SAM, Reed needs to replace James and Merciless should replace Barwin. Merciless needs to understand his role a bit better and set the edge better. Once he understands run support better, he'll be a much better player.
Old 12-29-2012   #18
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

I will focus on 2 BIG players:

Matt Schaub and JJ Watt. If they have great games - we will win!
Old 12-29-2012   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
I will focus on 2 BIG players:

Matt Schaub and JJ Watt. If they have great games - we will win!
Nice players.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If you think about Barwin's season last year it wasn't really all that great...He started off slow and then finished ok...

He had 4 sacks against The Jags last year. Now he beat the OT last year, but four times? That screams bad O-line/QB play seeing as he didn't even get two in any other game...

Take away those 4 sacks or heck just take away two of them and he's not in double digits last year. I think he got fat off of the one game against the Jags and it made him look like he had a pretty good year.

His year was ok overall with that one big game.
Understand but I'll take 11.5 sacks anyway I get them.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read