Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-27-2012   #101
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 293364 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most miserable fans of a 12-3 team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
I'll repeat it:

Football fans, for the most part, hate everything.
Naaah... some just want a reaction...

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #102
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Who's more miserable?

The fans complaining about weaknesses of the team? Or fans complaining about other fans?
More like fans that see no fault and never complain seeing thereselves as the only true fans and anyone finding fault as a bandwagon fan or hater. Its a koolaid world to some. I've been a fan of Houston NFL football longer than most on this board have been alive but I don't claim to be any better of a fan than anyone else, just older. Different opinions are not something these "super fans" can handle. You must agree with them or you are wrong mr.
Old 12-27-2012   #103
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...the-offseason/

Quote:
But when Wayne was making that decision, Texans receiver Andre Johnson was really hoping his old college teammate would join him.

“Here was one of the places that he actually wanted to come,” Johnson said. “I was hoping that I would get a chance to be able to play with him again. Unfortunately, it didn’t go that way.”

At Miami, Wayne took Johnson under his wing and mentored him in the transition to college football.
I didnt know Wayne wanted to come to Houston. Probably Schaubs fault.

Could have had Manning, Wayne, Dre, OD and Arian!!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #104
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Wayne would have been awesome but I bet it was salary cap issues that killed any chance of him coming to Houston.
Old 12-27-2012   #105
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

It ain't over till it's over .

That's just the way it has to be .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #106
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...the-offseason/

I didnt know Wayne wanted to come to Houston. Probably Schaubs fault.

Could have had Manning, Wayne, Dre, OD and Arian!!
With David Carr as our QB!!!

(I swear, Texans fans need to step off the ledge sometimes...)
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #107
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to know why it is that IF our team goes 12-3 it means that there is automatically NO complaining allowed?

Miserable? MISERABLE?

If you aren't miserable then you don't know what happiness looks and feels like. Happiness is a Lombardi Trophy, not 12-3 and praying for HFA in a final game on the road against your divisional rival.

For me, this team started off looking like the real deal. The past four weeks, maybe even stretching back to 5 games ago for all I care, we've looked like a Wild Card team.

I now think the Texans are in the same league as the Ravens. Denver and New England will get the two first round byes. We'll be hosting a Wild Card game.

So, "yeah," miserable is OK. It's fair, it's accurate, and it's appropriate when considering what we had to look forward to back when we were 12-1. This team needs every single advantage it can get: Rest for the players, HFA throughout, every single thing we can have go our way...because otherwise I'm not seeing the resiliency I saw back in the two OT games. Since then, we've looked indifferent and apathetic and plain ass ugly.
Old 12-28-2012   #108
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2845 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
It simple, the record is not reflecting what the eyes are seeing. This team for the last 6 weeks has played bad football, on both sides if the ball. The All Mighty Wade Phillips (Fools Gold Phillips as he is known around my house)defense has been hemorging for a while, and the all great Kubiaks conservative offense has been so unconsistent.

This team may in fact win a #1 seed, but they damn sure have not played like a #1 seed...that is the freaking misery of it all...
the defense played like pyoff caliber team agaisnt vikings they did soemthing no team has done contain peterson..they would of won if wasnt for that horrid offense
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #109
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

If you think we're miserable now, wait a couple of weeks when we're 12-4 and one and done.

Then this place will really be a bucketful of cheer.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #110
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 76006 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
the defense played like pyoff caliber team agaisnt vikings they did soemthing no team has done contain peterson..they would of won if wasnt for that horrid offense
You said it man....horrible! I had food poisoning and was violently ill for last Sunday's game against the Vikings but I was in Houston visiting family so I laid on the couch at my Aunt's to watch the game. I had been trying to hold back vomit the whole day and finally near half time I said I would rather be throwing up....so I did....and frankly I enjoyed that more than watching that swirling turd of a game. Pathetic!

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #111
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

If you complained about 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 2-14 you should be ashamed...

Some cities don't even have a football team...

We were fortunate enough to have Mr. McNair bring a team BACK to Houston. Just be happy he isn't Buck Fud.

We are 12-3, going to the play-offs for the second time, second time winning the division and you are going to complain just because the team has played poorly....

We could be the 0-16 lions...

Nevermind wanting more...JUST BE HAPPY YOU DON'T HAVE IT WORSE!!! and NO MORE SOUP FOR UUU!!111!!
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #112
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2845 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
You said it man....horrible! I had food poisoning and was violently ill for last Sunday's game against the Vikings but I was in Houston visiting family so I laid on the couch at my Aunt's to watch the game. I had been trying to hold back vomit the whole day and finally near half time I said I would rather be throwing up....so I did....and frankly I enjoyed that more than watching that swirling turd of a game. Pathetic!

now your gareteed to sweep the afc south becuase texans cant lose two in a row right?
Old 12-28-2012   #113
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47206 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
All of us support this team. Many of those unhappy with the team's current slide are those that have paid their hard earned cash to attend games for the past 11 seasons.

Yet, you seem to have this smug little attitude that you are somehow superior to everyone because...why? Please elaborate on your apparent and quite evident arrogance on the subject. You are obviously an expert to make such black and white statements about your fellow Texans fans.

Stand by your statement with something worthwhile rather than blathering the same old regurgitated sanctimonious bullshit.

You said of Houston Texans fans:

Prove it.

C'mon, quit acting like your peepee is hurt and own your statement.
MSR.

Why do threads like this just go on and on and on?!? You have the sunshine pumpers on one side of the fence screaming about how they are the only "real" fans and on the other side we have the debbie downers constantly complaining about every single little thing even when the team is successful. Then you have the rest of us that are just somewhere in the middle. We get happy and encouraged when the team is playing well, and we get pissed off and down in the dumps when the team is sucking. What exactly is wrong with that?

Isn't being a little emotional part of being a "fan"? Becoming a fan of a team is almost like entering into a marriage relationship. You care about the team. You want the best for the team. When things are going well with the team, you are on cloud nine. When things are going poorly, you want to steal candy from babies. That's just the way it is for many of us. So why not shut the hell up with all this divisive nonsense about who the "real" fans are or how miserable our fans are and just enjoy talking about the team we all care about.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #114
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
If you think we're miserable now, wait a couple of weeks when we're 12-4 and one and done.

Then this place will really be a bucketful of cheer.
yep. At that point it might be time to hit the eject button and wait a couple of weeks to land safely.

Old 12-28-2012   #115
coltfan123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yep. At that point it might be time to hit the eject button and wait a couple of weeks to land safely.

there is no escape!!!
Old 12-28-2012   #116
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47206 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If you complained about 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 2-14 you should be ashamed...

Some cities don't even have a football team...

We were fortunate enough to have Mr. McNair bring a team BACK to Houston. Just be happy he isn't Buck Fud.

We are 12-3, going to the play-offs for the second time, second time winning the division and you are going to complain just because the team has played poorly....

We could be the 0-16 lions...

Nevermind wanting more...JUST BE HAPPY YOU DON'T HAVE IT WORSE!!! and NO MORE SOUP FOR UUU!!111!!
So this is the answer? We should never demand more, never expect excellence from our team. Instead, we should just sit around eating smores while singing kumbaya just happy we should have a team?

Ok, if you say so...
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #117
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I want to know why it is that IF our team goes 12-3 it means that there is automatically NO complaining allowed?
It's not the complaining. This "belief" that the Texans are absolutely no good, to the point where we are predicting a loss the the Indy Colts, that's unacceptable.

Yeah, you can predict it (not you in particular, but whoever is predicting as much) but expect to get some blow back.

We're not good enough to beat the elite teams... nothing wrong with saying as much.

We're not good enough to beat Minnesota... obviously.

We're not as good as we were to start the season, & we weren't all that great even then... the evidence is there.

But when we played the Titans... beat them. Beat them pretty good. When we played the Jags. Beat them. When played the Colts, beat them. Five games, only one of them was in question, & it wasn't the Colts game.

Even if we don't play our best game, we should be able to beat the Colts in Indy & be the #1 seed. Hopefully, that will give us time to find some way to get better & have a shot at the Super Bowl.
Old 12-28-2012   #118
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
It's not the complaining. This "belief" that the Texans are absolutely no good, to the point where we are predicting a loss the the Indy Colts, that's unacceptable.

Yeah, you can predict it (not you in particular, but whoever is predicting as much) but expect to get some blow back.

We're not good enough to beat the elite teams... nothing wrong with saying as much.

We're not good enough to beat Minnesota... obviously.

We're not as good as we were to start the season, & we weren't all that great even then... the evidence is there.

But when we played the Titans... beat them. Beat them pretty good. When we played the Jags. Beat them. When played the Colts, beat them. Five games, only one of them was in question, & it wasn't the Colts game.

Even if we don't play our best game, we should be able to beat the Colts in Indy & be the #1 seed. Hopefully, that will give us time to find some way to get better & have a shot at the Super Bowl.
If a Texans fan weighs the upcoming game against the Colts and comes to the conclusion his/her money would be on the Colts, how is that unacceptable? I take it as one person's opinion right or wrong and move on without judgement.

Hearing what my fellow Texan fans think is one of the reasons I come here. I don't agree with, and sometimes chuckle at some opinions but it is just an opinion.

On the other hand I do get a little perturbed when I see a fan trying to tell me how I should think as a fan (not directed at you).

Fwiw, in my mind the Colts come with roughly the same degree of difficulty as the Vikings do, if not slightly better than the Vikes as of this typing, so those that have the feeling we could lose on Sunday is not the most absurd thing in the world.

I keep hearing from the Texans they are refocused, I can only hope this is true, because my confidence in them right now is low.....and I'm a fan.
Old 12-28-2012   #119
cdollaz
All Pro

Rep Power: 6353 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #120
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
So this is the answer? We should never demand more, never expect excellence from our team. Instead, we should just sit around eating smores while singing kumbaya just happy we should have a team?

Ok, if you say so...

I sensed in his post. I get the impression you did not.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read