Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012   #81
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: MY MOMs... Back in the hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
If the left arm (left subclavian artery) were involved, there would be very little chance that the brain would be involved. However, the right arm (right subclavian) artery has a different anatomy........one that comes off from a common source as the right common carotid artery (that leads to the brain). This common source is called the brachiocephalic artery. I evidently don't know all the details of your mom's case, but one of the most common causes of arterial embolism to the right arm are actually clots that originate in the left ventricular heart chamber secondary to a uninterrupted cardiac irregular heartbeat such as atrial fibrillation) and breaks off to travel there through a straight shot upwards.

If circulation is totally acutely blocked (as seems to be the case) to the right arm, blood thinners alone are inappropriate and there is no choice but to enter the right subclavian artery surgically directly by opening the artery or indirectly via threading an arterial catheter in order to remove the embolus.

Bill, call me and I'll try to answer any questions you may have.

Prayers are with you and your Mom.
BTW Doc... 'Splains a lot!! THANKS!!
Old 12-27-2012   #82
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Y'alls responses, thoughts and prayers are overwhelming and I truly appreciate them.. Much LOVE!!

Special shout out to Doc Jean (love ya!! Owe you two dinners, now)!!! He's calling Methodist right now to straighten them the *eff* out and make sure they're in-line... Doin' the right thing(s)!
Wishing y'all the best this holiday season and hope she gets well fast .

Old 12-27-2012   #83
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Wishing y'all the best this holiday season and hope she gets well fast .

Thanks brother!!!

Liberals suck!! Thanks for caring! That's what is right about 'Merica!
Old 12-27-2012   #84
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Doc Jean just dropped a bunch of knowledge on this fool....

As it turns out (while still not a minor procedure and still with risks) it's probably gonna be okay! The by-pass isn't nearly intrusive as I first thought.

Doc Jean got in contact with the cardioligist (or whatever) on my moms case... Yeah, can y'all believe that??? Doc made some calls and talked to my moms physician.....

Thanks Doc Jean!!! Much love brother!!!! This is twice now that you've helped me through!!

I'm sure that whenever I post tomorrow afternoon, ALL will be well!!

AGAIN.... Thanks DOC JEAN!!!
Old 12-27-2012   #85
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Doc Jean just dropped a bunch of knowledge on this fool....

As it turns out (while still not a minor procedure and still with risks) it's probably gonna be okay! The by-pass isn't nearly intrusive as I first thought.

Doc Jean got in contact with the cardioligist (or whatever) on my moms case... Yeah, can y'all believe that??? Doc made some calls and talked to my moms physician.....

Thanks Doc Jean!!! Much love brother!!!! This is twice now that you've helped me through!!

I'm sure that whenever I post tomorrow afternoon, ALL will be well!!

AGAIN.... Thanks DOC JEAN!!!
I'll be thinking of you guys. I'm sure all will be fine, but continued thoughts and prayers nonetheless.
Old 12-27-2012   #86
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I'll be thinking of you guys. I'm sure all will be fine, but continued thoughts and prayers nonetheless.
Thanks Bro... and it goes without saying, but Thank You (again)!!!
Old 12-27-2012   #87
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Prayers for your Mom and you.
Old 12-27-2012   #88
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Rep Power: 39704 Lauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respected

Sending all our love your way, Bill. Best wishes for your mother's speedy recovery and many more precious memories to be made! <3
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #89
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
Sending all our love your way, Bill. Best wishes for your mother's speedy recovery and many more precious memories to be made! <3
Thanks darlin' but I wish you and Dante would make it out to "Blue Crew" again, and come visit.... That would be really cool!!!
Old 12-27-2012   #90
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Rep Power: 39704 Lauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respected

We hope to! It's been a whirlwind with my promotion which keeps me overworked on weekends (unfortunately nobody wants to get married on a Wednesday).

We miss y'all SO MUCH!
Old 12-28-2012   #91
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
We hope to! It's been a whirlwind with my promotion which keeps me overworked on weekends (unfortunately nobody wants to get married on a Wednesday).

We miss y'all SO MUCH!
Obviously we miss YOU and the "Dante thread", which I WILL *bump*.......

Congrats on your promo!!!!!!!

*BUMP* the dante thread!!!!! PLEASE!! SO many old-timers have or leavng this site. No one comes around much, anymore...

Sorry... Ima little outta sorts right now
Old 12-28-2012   #92
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

I'm off the next few days so I will get y'all new photos to screw with.

Thanks...! And I'm a little out of sorts as well hahaha!
Old 12-28-2012   #93
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

DocJean............ Thank you for everything. Apparently Moms is doing well!!!!!!!!!

Agsin Jean or rather Doc Jean............ Thank you for checking in on my mother!!!

That means so much to me................ You have no idea!!
Old 12-28-2012   #94
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad to hear the good news, TB!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012   #95
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Obviously we miss YOU and the "Dante thread", which I WILL *bump*.......

Congrats on your promo!!!!!!!

*BUMP* the dante thread!!!!! PLEASE!! SO many old-timers have or leavng this site. No one comes around much, anymore...

Sorry... Ima little outta sorts right now
Some of us will never leave my friend! Made to many good friends over the years from this board. This is the only place we hear from some of them, so I think I'll just hang around for a while longer.

Sure wish Marcie would start posting again. She was the life of the "Dante thread!" We need to tell her to brush up on her photocropping skills and get back to having some fun at Dante's expense!

Hope your Mom is doing well, and I'm expecting you to keep us posted whether your "out of sorts" or not!! If she's got Doc Jean on her case, then she's in the best of hands! I know I won't worry as much!

Are you going to Bubba's on Sunday? Just wondering.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012   #96
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Bill again sends all on the MB that shared their good wishes, a big "Thank You!" Bill's given me permission to give you all the update on his mother.

Bill's Mom underwent her right carotid-to-subclavian artery graft bypass. The circulation to her right arm has been re-established. She has experienced no brain circulation compromise (stroke symptoms). Her only real complaint at this time is that her right arm is still "sore" which would be an expected residual due to the amount of time the blood supply there was cut off.

She is filling out her discharge papers as I am typing. She should be home by mid afternoon enjoying a good ole foot rub from her hovering son.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012   #97
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Your mom is younger than MY mom. I shall pray for her. Keep us posted.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012   #98
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

I got home a little while ago from visiting with Moms at Mom and Dad's house.. She is doing remarkably well although tired and sore. I let her know about all y'alls thoughts, prayers and well wishes which overwhelmed her. She really appreciated them, as do I. Thank you all so much for that. I love you all!

A special thanks to Doc Jean. You're the best!! Thank you for everything. Whether it was calling my Mom's surgeon or explaining to me in "lay" terms what the procedure would entail and letting my Mom's surgeon know I would go Medeival on his ass if anything went wrong! Okay, not so much on that last part.. I love you my friend!
Old 12-30-2012   #99
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We all need to thank the lord for c&d
Old 12-30-2012   #100
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
We all need to thank the lord for c&d
Dude is a stud for sure.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read