Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-26-2012   #81
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most miserable fans of a 12-3 team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Trying to compare the Texans to the Oilers is no different then trying to compare the Texans to the Browns or the Chiefs from the 90's. There is nothing to compare as they are two different franchises. Absurd comparison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I disagree. Both teams are/were Houston NFL franchises. Both choke/choked in big games. Neither team has won a superbowl. Both teams always seem/seemed to back themselves into the worst scenerios.
Well my opinion???

Tex crushes you bckey...

Quote:
Trying to compare the Texans to the Oilers is no different than trying to compare the Texans to the Browns or the Chiefs from the 90's. There is nothing to compare as they are two different franchises. Absurd comparison.
BTW (refer to the bolded)
Old 12-26-2012   #82
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I disagree. Both teams are/were Houston NFL franchises. Both choke/choked in big games. Neither team has won a superbowl. Both teams always seem/seemed to back themselves into the worst scenerios.
I could point towards probably 30 different teams in the league where I could say that they choke in big games and somehow make some absurd Oilers comparison. Plus, I could point to BIG games that the Texans won this season that people forget that were on Prime Time like the Bears game and the Ravens game which was a BIG GAME at the time. Both of them were. We only had two other choke games against the Packers and the Patriots on Prime Time. So I could argue that they've had some success in that department as well. Either way, none of it has anything to do with some franchise that existed here and left in the 90's. Choking in big games is something I could attribute to just about any NFL team if I reach back several years. Really asinine comparison as I said before.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #83
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I could point towards probably 30 different teams in the league where I could say that they choke in big games and somehow make some absurd Oilers comparison. Plus, I could point to BIG games that the Texans won this season that people forget that were on Prime Time like the Bears game and the Ravens game which was a BIG GAME at the time. Both of them were. We only had two other choke games against the Packers and the Patriots on Prime Time. So I could argue that they've had some success in that department as well. Either way, none of it has anything to do with some franchise that existed here and left in the 90's. Choking in big games is something I could attribute to just about any NFL team if I reach back several years. Really asinine comparison as I said before.
I can't tell if you're missing the point or trolling. The point is that since he was an Oiler fan, he's conditioned to expect failure out of the team he roots for....

It's not that difficult to understand.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #84
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by midway View Post
I can't tell if you're missing the point or trolling. The point is that since he was an Oiler fan, he's conditioned to expect failure out of the team he roots for....

Trolling?? Lol!! God, some of you are dense.

I don't care what the comparison is or how it is being attempted to make sense. The Texans and the Oilers have no more of a comparison to one another then the 1982 Bears and the 2002 Giants have in common. And feeling like you're going to lose because of some other organization from the 90's is pretty silly. I could care less what problems the Oilers had or even problems that the 2003 Texans had. They've got nothing to do with this current 2012 Texans team.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #85
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
This does get a bit old. I'm a fan, and right now I'm doing a bit of fence sitting until the Indy game. When the team was 2-14 I was a fan and was calling for Kubiak's head on a stick. I'll still be a fan if the team wins the superbowl or is one and done in the playoffs. Depending on what happens I'll be ecstatic and loving the world or calling for Kubiak's head on a stick.

I'm a fan. It's what I do.
Soooo you wanted Kubiak gone before he got here? Heh...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #86
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4035 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
So regular season wins are good enough for you? I guess this Sunday is your Super Bowl?

Worsts fans in the country? Whatever. Same city has produced 11 straight seasons of sellouts at Reliant. Only three winning seasons in that 11, as well.

You seem seem to like the koolaid drinking sunshine pumpers with rainbows blasting out of their butts to be considered "good fans".

I think this has been a very patient fanbase.

When we were 2-14, people just wanted wins.

When we were 9-7, people wanted to see the playoffs for the first time.

Now that we have a playoff team, we are supposed to just be satisfied according to your homer logic?

How about having some higher standards and wanting more than just the Houston Oilers 2.0 for this franchise?
If you want exceptional you're just a bad fan. Never understood this motto? The Texans have come a long, long way, but I want them to become the best.
Many years of heart ache with the Oilers. We never achieved that ultimate goal, got real close in Pittsburgh only to be robbed of a momentum turning TD. Renfro clearly had two feet in. Many on this board aren't old enough to know the tortures we endured, but we remained loyal Oiler fans until the bitter end.
It irks me to be called a band wagon fan. Heck I was at Reliant for their inaugural opener against the Cowgirls. I've rooted for and watched every game of my beloved Texans, even if I have to DVR that sucker because of my crazy work hours.
I believe fans that complain when they see their team screwing up are the true fans. The fans who want to see greatness, not just good.
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #87
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4035 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Trolling?? Lol!! God, some of you are dense.

I don't care what the comparison is or how it is being attempted to make sense. The Texans and the Oilers have no more of a comparison to one another then the 1982 Bears and the 2002 Giants have in common. And feeling like you're going to lose because of some other organization from the 90's is pretty silly. I could care less what problems the Oilers had or even problems that the 2003 Texans had. They've got nothing to do with this current 2012 Texans team.
That other organization was just a tad more closer than some random team in a long ago decade.
That organization played for the city of Houston, same as the Texans.
That organization started in Houston, same as the Texans.
That organization had most of its fans in and around the Houston area, same as the Texans.
Many Oiler fans are now Houston Texans fans.
So, why not show a little more respect for folks who easily make comparisons between the two franchises.
It's NOT that far of a stretch.
Old 12-27-2012   #88
Textan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by midway View Post

Sheesh, you have no idea how true that is.
Old 12-27-2012   #89
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7329 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

To me it seems like this team has hit its peak to early in the season and is coming off that peak and is now slumping into the playoffs. Blame injuries or whatever but at this rate this is a one and done team.

Im not even sure homefield adv. would even matter right now cuz we just got spanked by the vikings in Reliant. Kubiak and co. better step up their game this Sunday and show us something, because we are looking like an all hype and no substance team.
Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #90
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textan View Post
That other organization was just a tad more closer than some random team in a long ago decade.
That organization played for the city of Houston, same as the Texans.
That organization started in Houston, same as the Texans.
That organization had most of its fans in and around the Houston area, same as the Texans.
Many Oiler fans are now Houston Texans fans.
So, why not show a little more respect for folks who easily make comparisons between the two franchises.
It's NOT that far of a stretch.
Exactly. IMO City > Franchise in identifying with a team and people always compare to their history. The way teams change players, front office, and even owners its just as valid to compare 2012 Texans to the 1980 Oilers as it is to compare the 2012 Cowboys with the 1980 version. Unless you think a lousy franchise document is the real spirit of the NFL and its fans.

Earl Campbell played for HOUSTON, not the Titans.
Old 12-27-2012   #91
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep. Miserable fanbase indeed. You'd think we're Buffalo or Oakland or Cleveland or something.

Hopefully it's just hunger for success and nothing truly embedded in the culture of Houston Texans fans, because it's just ****ing ridiculous.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #92
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Who's more miserable?

The fans complaining about weaknesses of the team? Or fans complaining about other fans?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #93
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 40560 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Yep. Miserable fanbase indeed. You'd think we're Buffalo or Oakland or Cleveland or something.

Hopefully it's just hunger for success and nothing truly embedded in the culture of Houston Texans fans, because it's just ****ing ridiculous.
Come on man, you can't objectively look at this team and feel confident in them right now
Old 12-27-2012   #94
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Come on man, you can't objectively look at this team and feel confident in them right now

Who said I do? That doesn't change the fact that the fanbase, or at least this board, is steeped in hyperbole and hysterics.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #95
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 40560 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Who said I do? That doesn't change the fact that the fanbase, or at least this board, is steeped in hyperbole and hysterics.
Or we're loud mouths who project our voices more when we lose, doesn't mean we waiver on our thoughts
Old 12-27-2012   #96
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 12-27-2012   #97
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 12-27-2012   #98
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Vegas thinks the Texans have a good chance. Only the Broncos, Pats, and Packers have better odds and its not by much. The Broncos winning would be a statistical anomaly since they have won so many in a row and Peyton is a choke artist.

Texans have problems, and a lot of areas they need to shore up for sure. We all know it. Maybe if everyone got behind them they would elevate their level of play. The negative energy of the fans will transfer to the players as teams tend to take on the personality of their city. Only the Broncos look completely whole right now, every other teams has glaring weaknesses.

Yeah, most likely someone else will win, but if everyone picked a superbowl winner right now at least 80% of you would be wrong.

The point is they have as good a chance as anyone and true fans will get behind them and believe. Instead most are all saying negatives so they can be like see I was right all along. Its just dumb and defeats the purpose of being a fan of a certain team imo. Sometimes being a fan requires blind faith and if you cant get behind 12-3 then there is not much hope for this franchise in the future. Oilers 2.0 what city will this team go to??

/rant
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #99
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Did you see the game on Sunday?
This.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #100
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Post deleted by OP
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read