Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2012   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most miserable fans of a 12-3 team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
To be fair, when this thing started 10 years ago, fans here on this board were saying we wanted a perennial play-off team. Nobody expected us to win the Super Bowl every year, but we wanted a contender more times than not.

What he's saying, is that we keep moving the target. We are where we said we wanted to be & we're not happy.

I understand, most of us are upset because we think we are on the verge of blowing our second Super Bowl opportunity, 2011 being our first.

I'm there. I think if we don't win it all this year, we've blown an excellent opportunity & who knows when we'll have the same kind of opportunity.

I personally don't think there is an issue there. But to cry about it like it's already happened doesn't make sense to me. I'm not saying you're crying, I haven't noticed your posts enough to put you in that group. But there are guys here, who want to blow the whole thing up & we are currently the number 1 seed in the AFC.......

Just doesn't make sense.
Listen to Kubiak over the years. When he inherited a 2-14 team, was he talking Super Bowl in 2006? Of course not. He wanted to build a team to win more games.

When they finally won more than they lost in 2009 and went 9-7, did Kubiak say "alright, we have finally arrived!"? Of course not. He wanted to get his team to the playoffs, the next step.

Last year, we won the division and won a playoff game. Did you hear Kubiak? I did not hear anything about being satisfied with the 2011 season results. He never reminded us of 2-14 and to just be satisfied.

He started talking Super Bowl championship.

Kubiak has "moved the goalposts" (idiotic stupid metaphor, btw) every single year. Our own head coach has told us to expect greater things, to not be satisfied with average or first times.

As far as the current state of the Texans, fans can sense the slump. It does not make you a lesser fan - unless of course you are being judged by self-appointed Superior Fan - but rather someone who might watch more than just Texans football. NFL fans understand the ebb and flow of seasons and the trends established in December often have a direct impact on influencing playoff performances.

I supposed having a basic comprehension of analyzing games is beyond the ability of Superior Fan, mainly because he appears to be too pre-occupied with other fans and how they measure up to his dickstick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
This. Great post. We're fans and are allowed to critique the team. Hell isn't that why we're ALL on a chat forum?
Apparently not, as we have been told that we are the worst fans in the country without a doubt.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read