Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-26-2012   #41
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most miserable fans of a 12-3 team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
Exactly. For the longest time the TT mantra was 'show me the Ws!'. Well, we've got as many Ws as any Houston professional football team has ever achieved and now that's not good enough. Goalposts = moved. The moaning is also somewhat limited on TT, have a listen to the call in shows or worse, read the Comical comments sections. Worst fans in the country without a doubt.
I love our fanbase. We're not willing to put up with crap like other fanbases. If our teams don't play well we don't support them with our hard earned dollars. The Rockets sucked for a long time and Toyota Center was empty, but now we have an exciting team and there are a lot more people going to the games. Same thing with the Astros when last year we sucked balls and hardly anyone went to the games and anyone even talked about the Astros. Honestly, I was interested for about 2 months and then I kind of forgot about their existence. Same thing applies with the Texans. You win you get the love and if you don't well screw off. I don't know why as a fanbase we have tolerate mediocre sports teams. I wish Houston fans were more vociferous in their displeasure.
Old 12-26-2012   #42
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Woopie Doooooo!!!!!!!!! We sure is hell aint heading to the playoffs with a head of steam.

Woopie Doooo keep using a term incorrectly. I was simply pointing out the Texans didnt back in to anything
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
I dont think being 12-3 would imply Super Bowl Favorites and no more telling than this season with a couple teams with that record. SOS plays into this a lot as does momentum
I think we were the Super Bowl favorites until the Patriots mopped the floors throughout Gillette stadium with us. There were concerns up to then, but after the Patriots, those concerns were real problems.

Of all the teams going into the play-offs right now, I think we're the 4th, 5th best team.
  1. New England
  2. Denver
  3. Cincinnati
  4. Baltimore
  5. Texans
  6. Colts

I think it's a toss up between us & the Ravens, but their most recent shellacking of the Giants puts them ahead... slightly.
Old 12-26-2012   #44
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
as many Ws as any Houston professional football team has ever achieved
I guess we could all pretend like this is European soccer where there are no playoffs and the team with the most wins during the season is crowned the champion when the season is over.

Actually, that won't get it done either. In that scenario the Falcons would be holding NFL champions cup after Sunday.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #45
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ahh yes, the homer card. Nothing worse than being called a fan of the team I support?
This does get a bit old. I'm a fan, and right now I'm doing a bit of fence sitting until the Indy game. When the team was 2-14 I was a fan and was calling for Kubiak's head on a stick. I'll still be a fan if the team wins the superbowl or is one and done in the playoffs. Depending on what happens I'll be ecstatic and loving the world or calling for Kubiak's head on a stick.

I'm a fan. It's what I do.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
How about having some higher standards and wanting more than just the Houston Oilers 2.0 for this franchise?
To be fair, when this thing started 10 years ago, fans here on this board were saying we wanted a perennial play-off team. Nobody expected us to win the Super Bowl every year, but we wanted a contender more times than not.

What he's saying, is that we keep moving the target. We are where we said we wanted to be & we're not happy.

I understand, most of us are upset because we think we are on the verge of blowing our second Super Bowl opportunity, 2011 being our first.

I'm there. I think if we don't win it all this year, we've blown an excellent opportunity & who knows when we'll have the same kind of opportunity.

I personally don't think there is an issue there. But to cry about it like it's already happened doesn't make sense to me. I'm not saying you're crying, I haven't noticed your posts enough to put you in that group. But there are guys here, who want to blow the whole thing up & we are currently the number 1 seed in the AFC.......

Just doesn't make sense.
Old 12-26-2012   #47
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
This does get a bit old. I'm a fan, and right now I'm doing a bit of fence sitting until the Indy game. When the team was 2-14 I was a fan and was calling for Kubiak's head on a stick. I'll still be a fan if the team wins the superbowl or is one and done in the playoffs. Depending on what happens I'll be ecstatic and loving the world or calling for Kubiak's head on a stick.

I didn't know that Kubiak was the coach for 2-14.

Old 12-26-2012   #48
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Exactly. For the longest time the TT mantra was 'show me the Ws!'. Well, we've got as many Ws as any Houston professional football team has ever achieved and now that's not good enough. Goalposts = moved. The moaning is also somewhat limited on TT, have a listen to the call in shows or worse, read the Comical comments sections. Worst fans in the country without a doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
The ones that I think are "miserable" fans are the ones who rip the team when they are down. We lose a game then it's "they can't do this" "they can't do that" "they're worthless here, they're worthless there" but when we win it's "we're number one" "we're the number one team" "we're the beat"

When your comments sound like the same crap a tacks fan would be saying here, you aren't being supportive, you aren't being a fan. Period.
Maybe y'all should get together with the other local authorities on "How To Be A Fan" and make a sticky. That way the rest of us would know how.

I could point out the obvious sarcasm in this thread, or I could just invoke Thorn and say KMA.
Old 12-26-2012   #49
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I didn't know that Kubiak was the coach for 2-14.

You're right. I was thinking of the 6-10 record from 2010 when I made that post. Oops.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #50
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry Re: Most miserable fans of a 12-3 team?

Quote:
That's it in a nutshell. IMO, that's all that needs to be said. If they stay where they are at, they'll be one and done. If they get their collective act togeather maybe they'll win a playoff game or two. Who knows? No one on this board knows because we haven't even gotten to the damn playoffs yet.

I'm waiting for the Indy game. If they keep up this funk they are in, and lose that game, I'll jump back into the Fire Kubiak thread like a flame to straw. Count on it. Other than that, I'm not sure what my reaction will be if they win. Kind of depends on how they win.
Not only fire Kubiak...but start looking for your next qb.........
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #51
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think it's a toss up between us & the Ravens, but their most recent shellacking of the Giants puts them ahead... slightly.
At least you are consistent.

I've read too many people that say "look what we did to the Ravens..."

Then in the next breath say the losses to the Packers and Patriots means nothing...

The Patriots beating us down doesn't mean we can't beat them and our beat down of the Ravens doesn't mean they can't beat us.

Home field will be huge, but whoever we face, it's going to be tough. We are going to have to play a different level of football than we've been playing.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #52
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I loved the Oilers with all my heart but please PLEASE don't let this team become known as the Houston Oilers 2.0.

Until they do something un-Oiler-like (win when expected to do so, win a Super Bowl, hell even go to a Super Bowl) they are exactly that. Houston Oilers 2.0
Old 12-26-2012   #53
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

yup im miserable.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #54
qqert
All Pro

Rep Power: 19780 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Its not that we're losing its HOW we're losing.
this ^^^^^^^^

qqert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #55
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Maybe y'all should get together with the other local authorities on "How To Be A Fan" and make a sticky. That way the rest of us would know how.

I could point out the obvious sarcasm in this thread, or I could just invoke Thorn and say KMA.
Imagine we were friends.

Yet every time you make a mistake, or performed below the level I think you're capable of I chewed you out, talked bad about you to your other friends, how much longer would we be friends? When you wanted to share a special moment with your friends, would I get an invite?

By the way, I haven't marked you down as one of those miserable fans.... if that means anything to you. Like I said, constructive criticism is fine, just like you'd want to help your friend do better, this is no different.
Old 12-26-2012   #56
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nothing at all wrong about being down about the team. I'm sure several of the players & there'd better be a few coaches feeling down about this team.

But they're not giving up.

Ironically, Kubiak is being criticized for quitting.
I can't imagine why kubiak is being criticized for quitting
Old 12-26-2012   #57
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ahh yes, the homer card. Nothing worse than being called a fan of the team I support?
All of us support this team. Many of those unhappy with the team's current slide are those that have paid their hard earned cash to attend games for the past 11 seasons.

Yet, you seem to have this smug little attitude that you are somehow superior to everyone because...why? Please elaborate on your apparent and quite evident arrogance on the subject. You are obviously an expert to make such black and white statements about your fellow Texans fans.

Stand by your statement with something worthwhile rather than blathering the same old regurgitated sanctimonious bullshit.

You said of Houston Texans fans:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy
Worst fans in the country without a doubt.
Prove it.

C'mon, quit acting like your peepee is hurt and own your statement.
Old 12-26-2012   #58
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Imagine we were friends.

Yet every time you make a mistake, or performed below the level I think you're capable of I chewed you out, talked bad about you to your other friends, how much longer would we be friends? When you wanted to share a special moment with your friends, would I get an invite?

By the way, I haven't marked you down as one of those miserable fans.... if that means anything to you. Like I said, constructive criticism is fine, just like you'd want to help your friend do better, this is no different.
I don't have a problem with anything you said except your dismissing other fans as not being fans. You don't get to be the arbiter of who is and isn't a fan.

But to your point specifically, we aren't friends with the Texans. They charge me money to come see them, for starters. And as for talking bad about them, sometimes the truth is harsh. That's life. These guys are big boys who make a lot of money doing what they do. They can and should expect harsh criticism when they don't show up to play. Only people who give a damn are going to bother to criticize them. So these people that give a damn are either fans or people getting paid to criticize.

They aren't paying me.
Old 12-26-2012   #59
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 76308 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This. Great post. We're fans and are allowed to critique the team. Hell isn't that why we're ALL on a chat forum?
Old 12-26-2012   #60
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I don't have a problem with anything you said except your dismissing other fans as not being fans. You don't get to be the arbiter of who is and isn't a fan.

But to your point specifically, we aren't friends with the Texans. They charge me money to come see them, for starters. And as for talking bad about them, sometimes the truth is harsh. That's life. These guys are big boys who make a lot of money doing what they do. They can and should expect harsh criticism when they don't show up to play. Only people who give a damn are going to bother to criticize them. So these people that give a damn are either fans or people getting paid to criticize.

They aren't paying me.
Clearly they lost that Vikings game because some of the Texans players felt hurt and betrayed after coming to Texanstalk.com and reading that some of their friends were angry with them for coming up short in big games. We have damaged the friendship beyond repair and there is no hope of reconciliation. Arian Foster's NFL career is over and I hear that he's asked that whichever one of us is currently holding the other half of the BFF heart pendant he sent please return it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read