Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-26-2012   #21
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most miserable fans of a 12-3 team?

This team is slumping at the worst possible time. Every facet of this team, from coaching to all three phases, they seem to be in a collective funk and out-of-sync with each other. Teams need to hit the playoffs on fire, riding a wave of peak performances. The Texans are doing the exact opposite from all perspectives.

JJ Watt and Andre Johnson are the only players that seem to show up with their "A games" week in and week out. We expect that from them, they are our superstars. But they cannot win games by themselves. The rest of the team needs to pull it's collective heads out of their collective butts if they don't want to embarrass themselves in the post-season.

1st and goal on the 1 yard line and this team cannot get a freakin' FOOT??!!! Do we really need to wonder if this is a Super Bowl caliber team when they are punked for a freakin' foot by the Vikings??! For real? We have always heard that a pro team should be able to get a yard when required. Well here's a 12 win team that is spotted two feet of that yard, given 3-4 downs to do it, and come up looking like crap. Bad play calling, bad execution, and just a pathetic outcome. Start on the 1 with a 1st down and then kick from around the 20? PATHETIC. That series epitomized the Texans of the past few weeks.
Old 12-26-2012   #22
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down Re: Most miserable fans of a 12-3 team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
The way people are talking around here, you'd think this team was on the outside looking in with no shot at the playoffs instead of playing for the #1 overall seed.

I'm not sure I've seen a more miserable fanbase for a 12-3 team.
How about pissed off you could not take care of business at home and have to go on the road to Indy where you have never won. Miserable....pissed off.....I could go on......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #23
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 55561 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

In our last 6 games we've gone to OT with 2 of the worst teams in football, had decent wins against the Titans and Colts and been absolutely slaughtered by Minnesota and New England. That's not the form of a team that expects to go deep in the playoffs. The mood and expectations among the fan base is understandably lower.

I maintain we were never as good as we looked early in the season and we're not as bad as we look right now. I expect us to beat the Colts and whoever comes through the 4 seed game and then lose to the winner of Denver vs NE. That would make for a good season, and is about the ceiling we can expect under the Schaub/Kubiak regime.
markn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #24
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
This team is slumping at the worst possible time. Every facet of this team, from coaching to all three phases, they seem to be in a collective funk and out-of-sync with each other. Teams need to hit the playoffs on fire, riding a wave of peak performances. The Texans are doing the exact opposite from all perspectives.
That's it in a nutshell. IMO, that's all that needs to be said. If they stay where they are at, they'll be one and done. If they get their collective act togeather maybe they'll win a playoff game or two. Who knows? No one on this board knows because we haven't even gotten to the damn playoffs yet.

I'm waiting for the Indy game. If they keep up this funk they are in, and lose that game, I'll jump back into the Fire Kubiak thread like a flame to straw. Count on it. Other than that, I'm not sure what my reaction will be if they win. Kind of depends on how they win.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
I maintain we were never as good as we looked early in the season and we're not as bad as we look right now. I expect us to beat the Colts and whoever comes through the 4 seed game and then lose to the winner of Denver vs NE. That would make for a good season, and is about the ceiling we can expect under the Schaub/Kubiak regime.
I agree insomuch that most of our early wins were against poor competition. But we did beat the Broncos, even though Manning was rusty, that's no excuse for that defense. We beat the Ravens, while they weren't the Super Bowl Ravens, they weren't the bad team that lost 3 in a row either. We beat Chicago before they started having issues. They started that game with all their starters, Cutler & Marshall were on a roll.

So we weren't "#1 seed" good, but we weren't "the worst 12-3 team" either.

Hopefully, we'll be a better team come February & we'll be a team worthy of representing the AFC in the Super Bowl.

No team ever ends the season the same as they started. Some get better along the way. Some get worse. Some peak mid season, some get their second wind. Hopefully, we're about to catch our second wind.

I know it's hope, but to me, it's no different than the hope Patriots fans have that Brady or Welker don't get hurt. Or that Manning will be clutch in the play offs. Or that Ray Rice will carry that team to the Super Bowl.

Now that we've got everybody back healthy, it's totally possible that we're back on our way up.
Old 12-26-2012   #26
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

We have every right to be feeling down about this team. It's quite possible that the team actually DID peak midway through the season. The players, coaches and fans said the same thing that team hadn't played an all around game. But that may very well could've been the best this team has to offer this year. The offense is in a bad way right now with bad signs on the offensive line. That's a big problem to have at this point in the season because that line is a unit and the other hand, it's hard to quickly fix an entire unit as opposed to an individual player. In addition, Schaub has clearly regressed over the pass few weeks. His throws are off and even his completions are off target. So there are legitimate reasons for being miserable or down because there are some serious problems on the offense and Kubiak doesn't really inspire confidence as a problem fixer.
Old 12-26-2012   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
If they keep up this funk they are in, and lose that game, I'll jump back into the Fire Kubiak thread like a flame to straw. Count on it.

Old 12-26-2012   #28
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
The way people are talking around here, you'd think this team was on the outside looking in with no shot at the playoffs instead of playing for the #1 overall seed.

I'm not sure I've seen a more miserable fanbase for a 12-3 team.

Exactly. For the longest time the TT mantra was 'show me the Ws!'. Well, we've got as many Ws as any Houston professional football team has ever achieved and now that's not good enough. Goalposts = moved. The moaning is also somewhat limited on TT, have a listen to the call in shows or worse, read the Comical comments sections. Worst fans in the country without a doubt.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
We have every right to be feeling down about this team.
Nothing at all wrong about being down about the team. I'm sure several of the players & there'd better be a few coaches feeling down about this team.

But they're not giving up.

Ironically, Kubiak is being criticized for quitting.
Old 12-26-2012   #30
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 12954 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

We may not have Seattle momentum, but I'm proud we are playoff bound and then it's a whole new season, any given Sunday, I mean look who the jaguars almost beat. Momentum doesn't mean crap most of the time.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #31
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
So you think this team is a Super Bowl favorite??? Because thats what a 12-3 team would normally imply, correct?

I dont think being 12-3 would imply Super Bowl Favorites and no more telling than this season with a couple teams with that record. SOS plays into this a lot as does momentum
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #32
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirbroke View Post
We may not have Seattle momentum, but I'm proud we are playoff bound and then it's a whole new season, any given Sunday, I mean look who the jaguars almost beat. Momentum doesn't mean crap most of the time.
US! We are backing into the playoffs no matter how you look at it. Teams that back in historically don't do well. It's depressing because of the way we started off. I don't see how anyone could be confident after the way we have played the last 6 games.
Old 12-26-2012   #33
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
US! We are backing into the playoffs no matter how you look at it. Teams that back in historically don't do well. It's depressing because of the way we started off. I don't see how anyone could be confident after the way we have played the last 6 games.

I think the term backing into the playoffs is being missused by yourself and others. The Texans arent getting into the playoffs because of other teams losing at the end of the season
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #34
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Nothing at all wrong about being down about the team. I'm sure several of the players & there'd better be a few coaches feeling down about this team.

But they're not giving up.

Ironically, Kubiak is being criticized for quitting.
I sure as hell hope they're not giving up. They're being paid to not give up. I certainly don't think the team has quit or anything like that, but our offense is just not playing well. I also don't think Kubiak has quit or anything, I just don't know if he has the ability to turn this team around.
Old 12-26-2012   #35
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
I dont think being 12-3 would imply Super Bowl Favorites and no more telling than this season with a couple teams with that record. SOS plays into this a lot as does momentum
Semantics. But yes, on most years a 12+ win team is usually ONE of the favorites to make it to the Super Bowl in that conference. There are exceptions of course, including this years Texans team.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #36
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
Exactly. For the longest time the TT mantra was 'show me the Ws!'. Well, we've got as many Ws as any Houston professional football team has ever achieved and now that's not good enough. Goalposts = moved. The moaning is also somewhat limited on TT, have a listen to the call in shows or worse, read the Comical comments sections. Worst fans in the country without a doubt.
So regular season wins are good enough for you? I guess this Sunday is your Super Bowl?

Worsts fans in the country? Whatever. Same city has produced 11 straight seasons of sellouts at Reliant. Only three winning seasons in that 11, as well.

You seem seem to like the koolaid drinking sunshine pumpers with rainbows blasting out of their butts to be considered "good fans".

I think this has been a very patient fanbase.

When we were 2-14, people just wanted wins.

When we were 9-7, people wanted to see the playoffs for the first time.

Now that we have a playoff team, we are supposed to just be satisfied according to your homer logic?

How about having some higher standards and wanting more than just the Houston Oilers 2.0 for this franchise?
Old 12-26-2012   #37
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
I think the term backing into the playoffs is being missused by yourself and others. The Texans arent getting into the playoffs because of other teams losing at the end of the season
Woopie Doooooo!!!!!!!!! We sure is hell aint heading to the playoffs with a head of steam.
Old 12-26-2012   #38
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not just Texan fans, media outlets think similar in terms & that's without vested interest. When a team that went 2-14 is considered a favorite over their divisional champion & holder of 12-3 record something is amiss. This is what Bleecher just posted & it would seem to echo what may fans here (moderator included) have already posted http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...l-picks/page/5

Quote:
Schottey: Texans

The Colts stuck around when this game was in Houston, so they could pull the upset here, but Houston is playing for playoff seeding and just has way too much talent to pick against here.
Quote:
Miller: Colts

Andrew Luck is quickly gaining Tom Brady-like status with me. That means only picking against him in the most dire of situations. This isn't one of those situations. Colts win.
Quote:
Nagler: Texans

The Texans have fallen back to Earth after spending the better part of the year as the "most complete team in the league." Yeah, that's all over now as they scramble just to keep home-field advantage, which they do by beating the Colts.
Quote:
Dunlevy: Colts

The Texans won't have anything to play for, so expect the Colts to celebrate an emotional day with a win. Chuck Pagano will be on the sidelines, so look for his players to give it their all.
Quote:
Also Picking the Colts: Frenz; Hangst; Gagnon

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #39
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
How about having some higher standards and wanting more than just the Houston Oilers 2.0 for this franchise?
I loved the Oilers with all my heart but please PLEASE don't let this team become known as the Houston Oilers 2.0.
Old 12-26-2012   #40
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So regular season wins are good enough for you? I guess this Sunday is your Super Bowl?

Worsts fans in the country? Whatever. Same city has produced 11 straight seasons of sellouts at Reliant. Only three winning seasons in that 11, as well.

You seem seem to like the koolaid drinking sunshine pumpers with rainbows blasting out of their butts to be considered "good fans".

I think this has been a very patient fanbase.

When we were 2-14, people just wanted wins.

When we were 9-7, people wanted to see the playoffs for the first time.

Now that we have a playoff team, we are supposed to just be satisfied according to your homer logic?

Ahh yes, the homer card. Nothing worse than being called a fan of the team I support?
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read