Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-24-2012   #21
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Uno Amigo Texan 2013 Mock 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I think SHort had good game against Irish, just wished I had seen more of his games.
Then I guess you just have to trust me.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Then I guess you just have to trust me.
I trusted you on Nix and Watt, so I can go here also. What makes me hesitate is thinking we could get Sylvester Williams in second and use first for something else, maybe even a trade down.
Old 12-24-2012   #23
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I trusted you on Nix and Watt, so I can go here also. What makes me hesitate is thinking we could get Sylvester Williams in second and use first for something else, maybe even a trade down.
I will re-evaluate Sylvester & get back to ya partner -

OK. Sylvester would be reaching, just a little in the 2nd. looks early to mid 3rd rd. to me. I know we talked bout this guy last year but Kevin Riddick ILB he is a dynamic play-maker. He impresses me a lot more if were talking late 2nd. Take Short in 1st Reddick in 2nd, next to returning Cushing Texans may strike fear into opposing offense which has been missing as of late - Merry Christmas

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-25-2012   #24
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Man, that's a tongue twister alright.

I don't know if these two guys would last until the third (they might) but I'd prefer them over Swope:

Stedman Bailey; like I had predicted, he continues to be a playmaker.
You can't beat that kind of production.
Don't let his size fool you.
There's a highlight video out there showing him getting into it big time with Claiborne.

Marcus Davis' stock seems to drop with drops, but his size/speed/length is first rounder material.
A third round pick is more than worth the risk, I think, since he has the potential to be a number one receiver if he can put everything together.
Baily could be a DeSean Jackson clone in a good way. He's going to make plays for someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If Tyler Bray or Barkley fall to the Texans at the end of rd 1 Rick/Gary should take him.
Bray? Yes. Barkley...wouldn't touch any USC QB for a long term prospect. They tend to be fools gold.

Quote:
I really like Landry Jones, Oklahoma, 6'4" 230 a lot. Late 2nd would be excellent value for him. Experienced, strong arm, can run this offense with minimal changes & type of high character/matured young man Kubiak could trust to run HIS system
This is the QB prospect I'd look at.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #25
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

OK. Sylvester would be reaching, just a little in the 2nd. looks early to mid 3rd rd. to me. I know we talked bout this guy last year but Kevin Riddick ILB he is a dynamic play-maker. He impresses me a lot more if were talking late 2nd. Take Short in 1st Reddick in 2nd, next to returning Cushing Texans may strike fear into opposing offense which has been missing as of late - Merry Christmas
That's an interesting ranking of the two. Of the four main Carolina players going this year in the draft I would guess they will be picked in this order:

1) Cooper, OG
2) Bernard, RB
3) Williams, DT
4) Reddick, LB

Merry Christmas
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #26
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

sorry couldn't get to this before hand.

great mock as usual but just a couple of things from me.

Is it just me or is it when you watch Short play he seems lacklustre, he has a good skill set and physical attributes but it just doesn't seem like his bringing his A game????!!!!

Also with swoope what does he give us that we already dont have.
do you think he would get utilised in this offence????

if quin does go in FA do you think all we need is a 7th rounder? i would think it would become a big priority.

lastly i think fauria goes a little earlier but now im being really picky
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #27
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
That's an interesting ranking of the two. Of the four main Carolina players going this year in the draft I would guess they will be picked in this order:

1) Cooper, OG
2) Bernard, RB
3) Williams, DT
4) Reddick, LB

Merry Christmas
Just from watching a couple games you probably have a better idea than me based on watching them full-time. It's also a top heavy DT class compared to a thin ILB group. I see Reddick getting overdrafted based on team need. Three down linebacker adds premium value. Sideline to sideline agility who attacks downhill with package of power. Reminds a little of Sharpton attitude w/better size to slide ILB in 3-4.

Interested in your thoughts of Brennan Williams? Would give Newton run for his money. Probably move up to get him.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-25-2012   #28
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
sorry couldn't get to this before hand.

great mock as usual but just a couple of things from me.

Is it just me or is it when you watch Short play he seems lacklustre, he has a good skill set and physical attributes but it just doesn't seem like his bringing his A game????!!!!

Also with swoope what does he give us that we already dont have.
do you think he would get utilised in this offence????

if quin does go in FA do you think all we need is a 7th rounder? i would think it would become a big priority.

lastly i think fauria goes a little earlier but now im being really picky
Short seems more massive to me than his recorded measureables. He covers more field than it looks on TV. Agile, able to change direction, redirect weight keeping engaged & looks for his best angle to track down runner. I'll admit that didn't appear "engaged" but is way ahead of Sylvester Williams in that department not even factoring in his natural brute strength.

In regards to Swoope I feel Schuab needs a WR who knows how to get separation & work back to the ball. He has Wes Welker written all over him & nobody can tell me that Schaub doesn't need that type of productive receiver.

Your right about late round safety need if Quin leaves, but don't think he will therefore just another camp body, team player & special team standout. Special teams must improve.

Merry Christmas to all down-under Texan fans

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-25-2012   #29
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just from watching a couple games you probably have a better idea than me based on watching them full-time. It's also a top heavy DT class compared to a thin ILB group. I see Reddick getting overdrafted based on team need. Three down linebacker adds premium value. Sideline to sideline agility who attacks downhill with package of power. Reminds a little of Sharpton attitude w/better size to slide ILB in 3-4.

Interested in your thoughts of Brennan Williams? Would give Newton run for his money. Probably move up to get him.
That makes a lot of sense. I haven't looked at overall depth of the positions. Reddick would definitely be a force beside Cushing.

I would be willing to spend a pick on Williams for sure. I'm not quite sure where he'll end up because of the injury but UNC's oline was really good this year, and should be again next year. I'm guessing we'd have to trade for a high third or use our second. Does that sounds reasonable to you? I admit I'm just really getting into the draft.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #30
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I have watched a lot of Sylvester and I like his play, don't think his fall in ranking is based on him but on other players being the "hot bullet" for the moment. Barkley falling is similar. I think Williams will be a solid second round. Yep, I pushed Riddick last year but he lost me this season. I think he has not recovered from an injury but I don't have him rated that high. I earlier confirm my feelings with an NC alumnus that posts on MB. I feel that Jackson is better and will be there in third. If I had to go ILB in second, Minter would be the guy.

As always, love the back & forth!
Old 01-05-2013   #31
beerlover
Site Contributor

Based just off bowl games both Swope & Alonzo will be gone where I had them projected, if there this is an awfully strong haul.

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read