Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2012   #181
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This team's in trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Been saying it since last years raiders game.
Just because you said it, doesn't mean that it's true.

Were you here for the start of this season or were you hibernating, Sorry I must ask.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #182
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
What's the difference with the Broncos?

We beat 2 more team with winning record than they do.
And they have been at least a little more healthy than us.

Why is it so hard to see that we had a more difficult schedule than them?
I have not watched the broncos play all year. I've watched most of the texans snaps.

Why us it hard for you to stop looking at football as if it's played on paper?

Do you realize that bad teams can play well and good teams can play bad?

Do you realize that you can play mediocre ball and still win just as long as your opponent is worse?

Why do you keep talking to mr about records and stats when I'm talking about how we are playing?

I get it. They have won games. Our strength of schedule is good so maybe we'll be in the rose bowl. I get all that.

What I'm saying is that when I sit down and watch the 2012 Houston texans I've seen more areas of concern than Id like to see from a team with superbowl aspirations.

Playcalling at times, qb play, running game, redzone passing, crucial game/moment performance, special teams, lb play from the defense, pass rush, our tendency to fuq up I'm the secondary, OL problems, shytty kicker...

Most troubling of all is the qb position...IMO. You have a league that is now set up for qb's and wr's to be successful. You should be able to f'ing do something with what we have every game. Every. Single. Game. Not scoring at least 2 td's in every single game is a failure.

Between Kubiak's tendency to call a dumb ass play and Matt schaub just being schaub, I'm seeing a one and done scenario come play offs. I'm just hoping it's not an embarrassment.

Actually I'm hoping for a win and to be proven wrong as hell, but considering my opinion of what this team is capable of not being trounced would be a nice consolation prize.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #183
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just because you said it, doesn't mean that it's true.

Were you here for the start of this season or were you hibernating, Sorry I must ask.
I was here. Go back and check the dolphins game threads. I was not pleased with how we played. I'm on my phone right now, but when I'm at a computer Tommorrow I'll link it here if I remember.

Ever since that first game I've been saying the same dang thing. Its just that the worse we've played the sharper my tongue has gotten.

It's easy for me to shrug off bad play after a win too. I'm also a fan ya' know....
Old 12-24-2012   #184
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have not watched the broncos play all year. I've watched most of the texans snaps.

Why us it hard for you to stop looking at football as if it's played on paper?

Do you realize that bad teams can play well and good teams can play bad?

Do you realize that you can play mediocre ball and still win just as long as your opponent is worse?

Why do you keep talking to mr about records and stats when I'm talking about how we are playing?

I get it. They have won games. Our strength of schedule is good so maybe we'll be in the rose bowl. I get all that.

What I'm saying is that when I sit down and watch the 2012 Houston texans I've seen more areas of concern than Id like to see from a team with superbowl aspirations.

Playcalling at times, qb play, running game, redzone passing, crucial game/moment performance, special teams, lb play from the defense, pass rush, our tendency to fuq up I'm the secondary, OL problems, shytty kicker...

Most troubling of all is the qb position...IMO. You have a league that is now set up for qb's and wr's to be successful. You should be able to f'ing do something with what we have every game. Every. Single. Game. Not scoring at least 2 td's in every single game is a failure.

Between Kubiak's tendency to call a dumb ass play and Matt schaub just being schaub, I'm seeing a one and done scenario come play offs. I'm just hoping it's not an embarrassment.

Actually I'm hoping for a win and to be proven wrong as hell, but considering my opinion of what this team is capable of not being trounced would be a nice consolation prize.
I talk about it because I actually watch all the Broncos games and all the Pats games.

I watch most games our upcoming opponents played.

I watched the Broncos, the Pats, and the Colts extensively because... Well do I even have to say why?
Old 12-24-2012   #185
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Hell, I even told anybody whoi would listen before the season starts that the Broncos will be in the play-offs if Manning checks out to be healthy.

He doesn't even need to be at top form.
Yeah, I think I ought to have watched a lot of Broncos games from last year to come up with such a prediction.
Old 12-24-2012   #186
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hell, I even told anybody whoi would listen before the season starts that the Broncos will be in the play-offs if Manning checks out to be healthy.

Yeah, I think I ought to have watched a lot of Broncos games from last year to come up with such a prediction.
The Broncos have the strongest all around team now. That defense has been really good since last season. Now they added Manning to a team like that. Right now they are probably the most complete team with Miller and Dumberville's pressure on the defense. This is one of the best teams that Manning has ever got to play on.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #187
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I was here. Go back and check the dolphins game threads. I was not pleased with how we played. I'm on my phone right now, but when I'm at a computer Tommorrow I'll link it here if I remember.

Ever since that first game I've been saying the same dang thing. Its just that the worse we've played the sharper my tongue has gotten.

It's easy for me to shrug off bad play after a win too. I'm also a fan ya' know....
You realize that this is the same team that beat the Bengals and the Seahawks and gave the Pats fit?
Old 12-24-2012   #188
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You realize that this is the same team that beat the Bengals and the Seahawks and gave the Pats fit?
Seems to me you're saying we're not on their level....
Old 12-24-2012   #189
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Dude stop it. He came in and he immediately turned the ball over when he got his chance to play. Nothing else to say about that. It happened and he looked just as bad as he did in pre season.
& the results of Yates 4 minutes were equivalent to Schaub's 54.

Maybe we're all overstating Yates' abilities. But maybe you're doing the same for Schaub.

I think Schaub is a starter, but today, & last week, he played like a back up with his hands tied behind his back.
Old 12-24-2012   #190
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 60163 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

Maybe we're all overstating Yates' abilities. But maybe you're doing the same for Schaub.

I think Schaub is a starter, but today, & last week, he played like a back up with his hands tied behind his back.
Since the bye week Schaub has a 55.65 average QBR, 12 tds to 6 ints and 1 net yard rushing and is middle of the pack in YPA. Hes a mediocre qb in a system designed to make it simple for a qb, he always has been. A few games a season where he "lights up" a crap defense alters his stats and people begin to think he is borderline elite, never has been and never will be more than average.
Old 12-24-2012   #191
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Here ya go 76 and Tex...The Patriots game was not where I and others started expressing concern:

Quote:
Everyone reacting negatively to your take is wrong.

The players and coaches in that locker room feel the same way you do. If not for the herculean effort of one man this game could have looked completely different.

The fins moved the ball on us pretty good. They won the special teams match up. They played the run well for the most part and they got to schaub a couple times.

I think the dlolphins are going to be better than people think after watching them today, but still, we have some work to do.

The passing offense looked good for the most part though, so that's a plus.

But if we are going to get where we want to go we are going to have to play better football. Period.

I think it'll happen as this was just game one. But you are right. They should take thesis win for what it is, but keep it in perspective. They out talented a worse team, but they won't always have that luxury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
That's my thought. Happy for the win, but not blind to the notion that yesterday could have easily been a loss if it were against a better team. Do not ignore in victory what you would not ignore in defeat.

Quote:
The three series of turnovers for the dolphins completely changed the game.

I felt like up until that point the game couldve gone either way.

I don't think anyone is saying we're doomed. Just pointing out that if we are going to get where we want to go we are going to have to play better football. Everyone isn't going to turn the ball over on three consecutive possessions and allow us to blow the game open.

If you listen to the players and coaches they are all saying as much.

Quote:
You missed the point entirely. Doesn't matter if we forced the turnovers. Everyone isn't going to have a rookie QB that is so easily "forced" into turnovers.

That was not a top team we played and they were giving us all we could handle until that bad stretch of plays for them.

You can slice it any way you want, but if we want to win a SUPERBOWL, we need to work on some areas where we didn't perform all that well.

Quote:
I'm glad the players and coaches aren't thinking like that.

That wasn't a top team we were facing on the road. That was an average at best Dolphins team we played at home.

If we want to win a Superbowl we should be aiming to shore up our weak spots. Not being being oblivious or satisfied because a win is a win. I haven't seen anyone panicking, but rather pointing out that we should aim for stronger play.
Quote:
There is nothing to disagree with, again proving you have missed the point. This isn't an argument or a debate....well, unless you feel like the Texans played a perfect game.... Saying you disagree with my perspective makes 0 sense. You disagree that there are areas that we can improve in?

This is a thread that was started to discuss where we can improve. If you don't want to discuss that or think we played a perfect game and have no room for improvement, then why come in here?

You believe that because we won our shortcomings shouldn't be discussed. Well then, stop discussing it. It's that easy.
Old 12-24-2012   #192
Rey
Hall of Fame

Go back and read through that Dolphins thread...

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...t=94419&page=9

It's an interesting read...
Old 12-24-2012   #193
76Texan
Hall of Fame

It's all well and good to cover your rear end, but you're not saying anything much different than I. I just choose to be positive about things.

Secondly, there have been a lot of injuries along the way.
You cannot tell me that the team aren't better with those players healthy.

You pull out apples and try to compare them to oranges; sorry, I'm not buying it.
Old 12-24-2012   #194
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Seems to me you're saying we're not on their level....
That's why I said it's nonsense to go around in a circle.

A win is a win.
If you like moral victories, go back in and stay in 2010.

That team could have been 12-4, ya know.
Old 12-24-2012   #195
76Texan
Hall of Fame

And by the way, I expected the Texans to be closer to 12-4 with the injuries we've been sustaining. It wouldn't surprise me if the season had ended up 11-5.

I never thought we're any more of that caliber.

An 11-5 to 12-4 team are just so-so in term of play-offs expectation.

That team has as much chance of one-and-done as getting to the SB.

They should not be the favorite because they simply are not that good.

The same thing applies to the Ravens with all the injuries they had.
Old 12-24-2012   #196
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 27534 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Schaub is our starter as long as Yates is back there. The longer we have Yates as our backup the more secure Schaub starting job is. That guy has nfl talent but is missing QB vision and instinct. In other words, as a QB Yates is completely useless.

Folks here are dismissing his bad QB play in the playoffs due to his inexperienced. From my point of view it was the worst performance a QB could ever have regardless of experience. Yates all day was given an all-pro pass protection effort from our o-line. With all the time in the world in that clean pocket that dude consistently threw the ball into double coverage. Reed drop two int and Lewis drop one. I'm still dumbfounded at that guy decision making in that game.

The fact that we still have Yates in our roster underline the inept QB evaluation in our front office. We need to bring someone who can properly evaluate QB talents.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #197
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Maybe.

Or just knowing he's in a division with the Raiders, Cheifs, & San Diego.

Nostradamus my butt
Old 12-24-2012   #198
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Maybe.

Or just knowing he's in a division with the Raiders, Cheifs, & San Diego.

Nostradamus my butt
Not really, nobody expected those teams to be that bad.

On the other hand, the Bronco's may have an additional loss or two if those teams were to be on course.

They still make the play-offs.
You give Manning a pretty good defense, and he's always dangerous.
That's why they paid him a ton of money.
Old 12-24-2012   #199
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Since the bye week Schaub has a 55.65 average QBR, 12 tds to 6 ints and 1 net yard rushing and is middle of the pack in YPA. Hes a mediocre qb in a system designed to make it simple for a qb, he always has been. A few games a season where he "lights up" a crap defense alters his stats and people begin to think he is borderline elite, never has been and never will be more than average.
I think I'm rather unique in this discussion. I don't think much of Schaub, but I don't think he's as bad as what's being said here. He's played & beat some damn good defenses.... That was Schaub lighting up the Broncos earlier this year. Sure, Peyton was rusty, but that defense then is what it is now. He also played well against several top 10 defenses last year. Not MVP well, but well enough to help us beat those teams.

He's in a funk, been in a funk for several weeks now. But he's better than what he's been lately. If we get to the Super Bowl, he'll have to play well for us to win, regardless who we play. Without him, we have no shot. None.

& I like Yates.
Old 12-30-2012   #200
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

OK, let's hear from you sunshine pumpers that tried your best to refute our assertion that this team was in trouble. This team was 11-1 at one point. How does 12-4 feel now? You BSed us for ten pages of this thread, coming up with tons of excuses to try and refute was was plainly evident to many of us.

Admit you were wrong or double down.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read