Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What will or play-offs end in
One and Done 40 46.51%
Win one game and lose the AFC Championship 30 34.88%
Go to the superbowl but lose 3 3.49%
WIN IT ALL !!!! 13 15.12%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2012   #81
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How Confident are you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
Ponder played at home and with his best WR Harvin healthy in week 3. You think SF will get dominated like we did if they reverse role with us? Good teams like 49ers will have bad games. They just don't have bad games for more than a month straight.
So you didn't like how we put little Luck in his place?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #82
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ain't Luck supposed to be this All-World guy and Wilson just a little midget?
Old 12-24-2012   #83
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 27534 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
So you didn't like how we put little Luck in his place?
Man, I have to admit I was afraid Luck would light us up last week. That guy is smart and is cool in the pocket. If we play him again in the PA and if Wade keep dialing blitz and expect him to get rattle again we will lose that game.
klockWork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #84
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98334 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
Man, I have to admit I was afraid Luck would light us up last week. That guy is smart and is cool in the pocket. If we play him again in the PA and if Wade keep dialing blitz and expect him to get rattle again we will lose that game.
Man, I think the Colts could be extremely dangerous in the playoffs to us after playing us for two straight games. They'd know us really well. I'd rather the Texans avoid that match up personally.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #85
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 27534 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Man, I think the Colts could be extremely dangerous in the playoffs to us after playing us for two straight games. They'd know us really well. I'd rather the Texans avoid that match up personally.
Agreed. I rather play the Ravens.
klockWork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #86
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i said lose in the first round, but DAMN ur right. My mistake

BUT the reason i didnt say that is cause i do think we beat the colts next week.
love your blind optimism...
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #87
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Some of the responses are silly. If someone is upset after a loss they are 'morons' and 'doubters'? Last I checked no one here wrote what it means to be a fan nor is their some official guide. Because some have doubts does not change the fact that those same fans will most likely be there cheering every Sunday (or whatever day). If they choose to not think we have enough right to get the job done it isn't like they are pulling it out of thin air. You'd have to be blind to not see the issues.

So if you have doubts, it's understandable. If you don't, then more power to you. But no one is more a fan one way or another. Heck, Browns and Raiders fans are filling their stadium every Sunday. They doubt they'll win. But they are still fans. So getting up in arms about folks who have doubts is just a bit ridiculous.
lol you will feel better about your forum by going to the steelers forums
Old 12-24-2012   #88
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
they know us but u know what they got beat inthe trenches last game

that only proves they can all know us all they what if u get beat in the trenches that just proves the texans are better then the colts
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #89
coltfan123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Here, let me sum it up for you:

Originally posted by rudedog:
Only one thing to say about tonights game (GARBAGE). Fangio had no answer for anything all game. I don't know what the problem is in getting the plays in time but that is on Harbaugh.

Originally posted by 9NERNATE

Just got back from the game. I honestly have to put this one on the D. They looked tired and a whole speed slower then the Hawks. They looked out of it from the start and looked like they were still tired from last week. The icing was the Akers block. The whole atmosphere changed and any last attempts at a momentum change were demolished. They had us from the start and didn't blow it.

Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
The D was horrendous, as bad as we've seen the last two years. However, part of that is the D having to play so much.

the defense? the offense scored 6 points and you blame the defense who kept peterson in check.
Old 12-24-2012   #90
coltfan123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

that only proves they can all know us all they what if u get beat in the trenches that just proves the texans are better then the colts
we will see how sunday goes...
Old 12-24-2012   #91
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

The way we look right now, we're one and done....

Offense not working, pass rush outside Watt is broken... recipe for disaster...
Old 12-24-2012   #92
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson80 View Post
The same people didn't believe before this game. This performance has nothing to do with the doubters. I will continue to support them until they lose. Until then I 100% have faith in the best Texans team ever. If they win it all the same doubters will be like I had faith the whole time
Old 12-24-2012   #93
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
the defense? the offense scored 6 points and you blame the defense who kept peterson in check.
Dude, read all the posts before you want to comment on something. You have no idea what we were talking about.
Old 12-24-2012   #94
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I find it amusing that some of the people I've had the most debate with either haven't voted on this at all or voted the same choice I did.
Old 12-24-2012   #95
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
If you read carefully, you'll see those were posts from people on the 9er board. They were blaming their defense for losing that game last night. They did not play Peterson.

But.... here's my thing. The odds of winning that game were extremely low, especially once you got into the 3rd qtr. The chance of injury to a key player in a senseless effort went up pretty much the same time.

Had Iupati, Staley, Crabtree, Gore, Aldon Smith, Willis, or Rogers got hurt, that would be the talk today. "Why did Harbaugh have them in at that point?"

But, since they are playing a division game against their closest competition, & a young QB who needs to play... I can see why he did it & why his situation is vastly different than ours.

They didn't "quit" because they couldn't. They haven't won their division yet.
Old 12-25-2012   #96
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Why does every other scenario you have end in a Texan LOSS?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #97
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

We beat the **** out of the overrated colts this week. Rest depends on matchup. We don't want the broncos or pats on first game. They need to play each other first
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #98
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98334 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

Yes, they are better, but playing any team 3 times is very difficult. Ask the patriots from two years ago when they lost to the Jets after decimating them towards the end of the year.

I just don't like the idea of facing Luck in a close game when the 4th quarter starts. Luck is clutch already and he is money in the 4th quarter. The Colts are playing with a nothing to lose mentality and they're letting it hang all out there. The Texans play very stiff under Kubiak a lot of times with his philosophy. Sometimes it works when we can run the ball very well, but when we can't we aren't able to adjust that well.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #99
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Andrew luck overrated right now. Likes said his team is winning and I have no idea how..maybe last place schedule helps
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #100
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone wanna change their vote?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read