Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What will or play-offs end in
One and Done 40 46.51%
Win one game and lose the AFC Championship 30 34.88%
Go to the superbowl but lose 3 3.49%
WIN IT ALL !!!! 13 15.12%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2012   #61
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 8496 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Gee, those 49ers really play to win. What's that? They were up 31-3 last week and ended up having to win late? Oh.
Yeah they're playing to win. Notice the starters still playing and Kaep still throwing it down field.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #62
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How Confident are you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
Yeah they're playing to win. Notice the starters still playing and Kaep still throwing it down field.
If they wanted to win, they would have to play a whole lot better than that, LOL, you're funny man.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #63
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Like I said, there aren't any dominating team in the AFC this year.

The Broncos two wins against teams with winning record were against the Bengals and the injury-ravaged Ravens.

The Pats have lost more games, and they had struggled against the Dolphins and the Jags as of late.

Just bring on the play-offs
Old 12-23-2012   #64
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

I'm one of those weird ****s who don't get too worked up after a bad loss.

Guess what I'm doing? NOT getting worked up.

Man, look. Everyone is RIGHT ON when it comes to "you want to be playing your best football!" True ****. However, once the POs start, it's no point in worrying about the regular season. Yeah, we aren't playing too well at all, but it's just something that has to be worked on to win 3 games in a row (or 4 if you count @ INDY).

Fam, what I'm telling you is this: Be concerned. You have every right to be. However, just don't expect this guy to be worried, when I've seen this before from other teams in years past. Today is OVER, you can't change a thing. What you CAN hope for, is the Texans making sure it doesn't happen again. Already looking forward to the game vs. the Colts, because I know these boys won't do anything but give all-out effort and ball out.

My first playoff thread, you ask? Well...see y'all on 1/12/13.
Old 12-23-2012   #65
76Texan
Hall of Fame

I'm not worked up either, but I predicted that there will be bloodshed on this MB not so long ago.

Good thing the Texans beat the Colts, LOL!
Old 12-23-2012   #66
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 8496 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
If they wanted to win, they would have to play a whole lot better than that, LOL, you're funny man.
My point is they playing not to show their city they've quit.
Old 12-23-2012   #67
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63569 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

We're playing our worst football at the worst time...and I feel like we'll be flat comming off a bye week. I have zero confidence in our ability to beat manning or brady right now.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #68
klockWork
Veteran

Beside having a great record what do anyone see in the Texans that gives them great hopes of making a SB run? I don't see anything. At this point it's more reasonable to cheer for JJ Watt breaking sack records than a SB title. People will remember that record alot more than a Texans early playoff exit.
Old 12-23-2012   #69
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
My point is they playing not to show their city they've quit.
I'd like for you to go to their MB and report back what their fans had to say about this "Inspiring" loss.
Old 12-23-2012   #70
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Here, let me sum it up for you:

Originally posted by rudedog:
Only one thing to say about tonights game (GARBAGE). Fangio had no answer for anything all game. I don't know what the problem is in getting the plays in time but that is on Harbaugh.

Originally posted by 9NERNATE

Just got back from the game. I honestly have to put this one on the D. They looked tired and a whole speed slower then the Hawks. They looked out of it from the start and looked like they were still tired from last week. The icing was the Akers block. The whole atmosphere changed and any last attempts at a momentum change were demolished. They had us from the start and didn't blow it.

Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
The D was horrendous, as bad as we've seen the last two years. However, part of that is the D having to play so much.
Old 12-23-2012   #71
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

hmmmmmm well my confidence hasent changed much i still think we can get the NUmber 1 seed and then we just keep it quite rest for 2 weeks and get rdy for the playoffs and div round and i really think we explode in the div game i think we can win that game

and after that all this talk right now will mean nothing

the AFCC game for all the marbles IDK WTF is going to happen in tha game when we have to play the pats or denver but i tell u this it will be 4 all the marbles and after that game all our questions will be answerd
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #72
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I understand the playoffs are a whole new season, my point is it is still the same team in the playoffs. The same team that was playing for HFA today, the same team who has put their back ups in 2 out of the last 3 games, and it wasn't because we had such a big lead and didn't want to risk injuries to our starters.

Show me some heart, that's all I want to see, from Kubiak and the players. Quitting and acting like there is no hope don't install much hope in their faithful fanbase like most of us.

I live and breathe texans football win or lose. Wish the team had as much passion as some of us is all.
Old 12-23-2012   #73
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52945 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Haven't read any of this thread as I just got back from a family outing where we were watching all of the games today.

I will just say I am embarrassed at the effort the offense put on today. The defense blew some key stops and gave up some ridiculous 3rd and longs however if the offense could have sustained a drive things would have been different.

Confidence? Not much. I don't have confidence in Schaub or the HC. That has been my stance for quite some time and unfortunately they aren't proving me wrong.

This has got to be the weakest 12 win team I have ever witnessed in all of my years watching the NFL. If you cannot compete with an average at best Vikings team (that was blown out by the Bucs in their own stadium earlier in the season) than you have no reason to think you are going to do anything great in the playoffs.

That said, this team is moving in the right direction. This is not a Super Bowl caliber team however replace the Head Coach and starting QB and this team should continue to progress.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #74
klockWork
Veteran

Quote:
I'd like for you to go to their MB and report back what their fans had to say about this "Inspiring" loss.
I went to 49erswebzone.com/forum and in the search box type the word "quit"
It took me into a thread about a fan needing advice about quitting smoking.
I typed that same word here I get a firestorm of rants.
Yeah sure the sky is falling on their forum but everyone there knows they've beaten all three elite QB they play this season. (Rogers, Brees, Brady.) Yeah, they not too worried in that area.
Old 12-24-2012   #75
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I went to 49erswebzone.com/forum and in the search box type the word "quit"
It took me into a thread about a fan needing advice about quitting smoking.
I typed that same word here I get a firestorm of rants.
Yeah sure the sky is falling on their forum but everyone there knows they've beaten all three elite QB they play this season. (Rogers, Brees, Brady.) Yeah, they not too worried in that area.
Glad to know they think it's OK to lose to non-elite QBs.

Man, you can be a writer or a politician the way you draw up these things.
Old 12-24-2012   #76
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 6636 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Initially I was pissed off because of the effort, which I still kinda am. However, I still look at the bigger picture. We still have everything in our hands. Coaching has to be better and Schaub needs to man up as well. I'm still confident this team can get it done when it matters.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #77
klockWork
Veteran

Quote:
Glad to know they think it's OK to lose to non-elite QBs.

Man, you can be a writer or a politician the way you draw up these things.
Russell Wilson might be non-elite by default because of his rookie status but he's definitely a lot more legit at this point than Christian Ponder. I find losing to arguably the worst QB in football at home alot less OK than losing to a high rising player like Wilson.
Old 12-24-2012   #78
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Russell Wilson might be non-elite by default because of his rookie status but he's definitely a lot more legit at this point than Christian Ponder. I find losing to arguably the worst QB in football at home alot less OK than losing to a high rising player like Wilson.
Ok, so we'll let them slide with the loss to Wilson.

Why the heck did you complain about losing to Rodgers and Brady?
Old 12-24-2012   #79
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
And oh wait, they did lose to the Vikings, and Ponder had a better day against them, too!
Old 12-24-2012   #80
klockWork
Veteran

Quote:
And oh wait, they did lose to the Vikings, and Ponder had a better day against them, too!
Ponder played at home and with his best WR Harvin healthy in week 3. You think SF will get dominated like we did if they reverse role with us? Good teams like 49ers will have bad games. They just don't have bad games for more than a month straight.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read