Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2012   #161
A time to chill
Rookie

Rep Power: 877 A time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This team's in trouble

I think everyone must have forgot that Kubiak is still the head coach of the Texans and the main reason for the Texans' success was that the defense was made a lot better by Wade Phillips and that the AFC South is no longer the strong division it once was. I'm glad that the Texans have won 12 games this season and clinched the division. Now there will be less tolerance in this city for putrid performances like we saw today. A couple of years ago, after a loss like this, the owner would come out and say, "We're on the right track." Kubiak has definitely made this team better, but I really don't think he can win a Super Bowl. This is the second season in a row where the team started strong early in the season, but finished with a whimper. If the Texans ever want to win a championship, they need a new head coach.
A time to chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #162
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by A time to chill View Post
I think everyone must have forgot that Kubiak is still the head coach of the Texans and the main reason for the Texans' success was that the defense was made a lot better by Wade Phillips and that the AFC South is no longer the strong division it once was. I'm glad that the Texans have won 12 games this season and clinched the division. Now there will be less tolerance in this city for putrid performances like we saw today. A couple of years ago, after a loss like this, the owner would come out and say, "We're on the right track." Kubiak has definitely made this team better, but I really don't think he can win a Super Bowl. This is the second season in a row where the team started strong early in the season, but finished with a whimper. If the Texans ever want to win a championship, they need a new head coach.
I thought Houston did themselves very proud last year. After all those key injuries and having to rely on TJ to close the deal on the playoffs, beating Cincy, then taking the Ravens to the brink before Jacoby did his brain fart.

Whimper?? No way. That team is a monster compared to the team I saw today.
Old 12-23-2012   #163
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Breaks?

There are usually breaks.

When two teams that are close in level of talents meet, usually the one that can capitalize on those breaks win.

The Niners had some breaks going their way; they didn't fully capitalize on them the way the Packers and the Pats capitalized against us; otherwise that game would have been a run away.

The Packs capitalized fully on our two critical unforced errors (Barwin and Posey).

The Pats capitalized on our lack of preparation when we don't have guys out there quickly enough on coverage. Wade had dueled with BB of time.
We didn't capitalized on their fumbles.
We had guys with sure hands dropping catches.

Yeah, I would say you can use some breaks against a good team, and you have to minimize your mistakes.

When you do neither, it gets ugly.
You can call it what you want to call it.

I'll call it not being good enough.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #164
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
True, but what team hasn't said that? I'm sure the Patriots would have appreciated a few breaks
When I say have breaks go our way I mean get lucky. We aren't good enough.

All teams have breaks go their way, but there is a difference between the patriots having good fortune the jaguars having good fortune. Some teams need more luck than others.
Old 12-23-2012   #165
Seasick Sailor
Rookie

Rep Power: 544 Seasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
When I say have breaks go our way I mean get lucky. We aren't good enough.

All teams have breaks go their way, but there is a difference between the patriots having good fortune the jaguars having good fortune. Some teams need more luck than others.
Im reminded of Alec Baldwin's famous scene from Glengary Glennross where he says, "I'd wish you good luck, but you wouldn't know what to do with it."

This team has been unable to cash in on its breaks for the last three weeks.
Seasick Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #166
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick Sailor View Post
This team has been unable to cash in on its breaks for the last three weeks.
Do you mind enumerating those breaks for us please?
Old 12-23-2012   #167
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I thought Houston did themselves very proud last year. After all those key injuries and having to rely on TJ to close the deal on the playoffs, beating Cincy, then taking the Ravens to the brink before Jacoby did his brain fart.

during the end of the 4th tj yates went in he did somethign shaub didnt do all game... be mobile and extend the play..
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #168
Seasick Sailor
Rookie

Rep Power: 544 Seasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Do you mind enumerating those breaks for us please?
Forced fumble in our opponent's side of the field today that led to a three and out today for one.

Stopping the Pats on 5 consecutive possessions and not scoring a couple of weeks ago.

Are you under the impression that our recent troubles are due to a lack of opportunities?
Seasick Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #169
A time to chill
Rookie

Rep Power: 877 A time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post

Last year they ended the season with three straight losses to Carolina, Indy, and Tennessee. That loss to the Colts was inexcusable as the starting QB for that game was Dan Orlovsky.

I hope I'm overreacting. I hope the Texans will beat Indy next week and at least make it to the AFC Championship. But I don't think this team has the leadership at head coach to take them that deep.
A time to chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #170
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick Sailor View Post
Forced fumble in our opponent's side of the field today that led to a three and out today for one.

Stopping the Pats on 5 consecutive possessions and not scoring a couple of weeks ago.

Are you under the impression that our recent troubles are due to a lack of opportunities?
The way your last post read, I was under the impression that there were a lot of breaks...
Old 12-23-2012   #171
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it was described best last week, when Fouts said ithere was no rhythm, it looks like they are randomly picking plays and seeing if they work.
Old 12-23-2012   #172
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I think it was described best last week, when Fouts said ithere was no rhythm, it looks like they are randomly picking plays and seeing if they work.
Exactly. He said it was like "drawing from a hat" or something like that.
Old 12-23-2012   #173
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
during the end of the 4th tj yates went in he did somethign shaub didnt do all game... be mobile and extend the play..
What a complete joke. TJ did what he does best and he turned the ball over and looked like the back up that he is supposed to be.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #174
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
What a complete joke. TJ did what he does best and he turned the ball over and looked like the back up that he is supposed to be.
Give me a break, the guy gets NO REPS at all during the week and was thrown to the wolves being down a million points and gutless Matt didn't even have the sack to finish the game, the game HE FAILED TO KEEP US IN. Don't let a stupid play by a green horn fool you and convince you Matt is legit
Old 12-23-2012   #175
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can call it what you want to call it.

I'll call it not being good enough.
And so nobody is good enough.
The Broncos only have the same record as ours because they played more losing teams.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #176
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Give me a break, the guy gets NO REPS at all during the week and was thrown to the wolves being down a million points and gutless Matt didn't even have the sack to finish the game, the game HE FAILED TO KEEP US IN. Don't let a stupid play by a green horn fool you and convince you Matt is legit
Dude stop it. He came in and he immediately turned the ball over when he got his chance to play. Nothing else to say about that. It happened and he looked just as bad as he did in pre season.
Old 12-23-2012   #177
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
And so nobody is good enough.
The Broncos only have the same record as ours because they played more losing teams.
I'm talking about how the team plays and you're talking about records and stats.

I've been saying this for a few weeks now after I had my epiphany.

Youre impressed with the record. I get it.

I guess we'll talk when you actually want to discuss the way we play, because results be damned, we've played some mediocre football here in 2012.
Old 12-23-2012   #178
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm talking about how the team plays and you're talking about records and stats.

I guess we'll talk when you actually want to discuss the way we play, because results be damned, we've played some mediocre football here in 2012.
We've played mediocre the entire year?? Sorry, but you can say that for the last few weeks maybe but to say that now is ridiculous when we've lost only 3 games. And you damn sure haven't been saying that since week one, so that is a total exxaggerated point. You have not stated that we've been mediocre when we were on those two winning streaks. Now all of a sudden we've been mediocre in all of 2012? Okkkaaayyy.
Old 12-24-2012   #179
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What's the difference with the Broncos?

We beat 2 more team with winning record than they do.
And they have been at least a little more healthy than us.

Why is it so hard to see that we had a more difficult schedule than them?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #180
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
We've played mediocre the entire year?? Sorry, but you can say that for the last few weeks maybe but to say that now is ridiculous when we've lost only 3 games. And you damn sure haven't been saying that since week one, so that is a total exxaggerated point. You have not stated that we've been mediocre when we were on those two winning streaks. Now all of a sudden we've been mediocre in all of 2012? Okkkaaayyy.
Been saying it since last years raiders game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read