Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2012   #1801
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
He gave Holliday a conditional green light.
Haha well thats def not what i mean. He also gave Carr 1 season to long.
Old 12-23-2012   #1802
qqert
Veteran

Rep Power: 5057 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

Wonderful game planning by Kubiak today.
Absolutely dominant offense, spectacular coaching!
Old 12-23-2012   #1803
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqert View Post
Where have you been?

I've been waiting for you all day.
Old 12-23-2012   #1804
qqert
Veteran

Rep Power: 5057 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Where have you been?

I've been waiting for you all day.
im heading down to galveston, gonna look for another turtle!
gonna need it if we are going to the supabowl!
two turtle heads better than one!

or better yet a two headed turtle!

Old 12-23-2012   #1805
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agree man, noone could of called a better game than Kubiak did today. What an offensive genius.............
Old 12-23-2012   #1806
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4035 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously, Kubiak could have winning season from here until eternity "never obtaining an AFC championship title or Super Bowl win" and he'll never get the boot. Many fans would kill just to have a winning team. Of course to me this isn't enough, but it's the truth.
Old 12-23-2012   #1807
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
im heading down to galveston, gonna look for another turtle!
gonna need it if we are going to the supabowl!
two turtle heads better than one!

or better yet a two headed turtle!

I don't know how you can say that the play calling was turtle.
We look to go downfield and we mix up our blitzing and coverage.

Now I can understand blaming the result, but to say the play calling was turtle?
Come on dawg!
Old 12-23-2012   #1808
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textan View Post
Seriously, Kubiak could have winning season from here until eternity "never obtaining an AFC championship title or Super Bowl win" and he'll never get the boot. Many fans would kill just to have a winning team. Of course to me this isn't enough, but it's the truth.
That's a ridiculous statement. Nobody is on here saying that Kubiak should have an unlimited leash.
Old 12-23-2012   #1809
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113372 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Today's Kubiak play-calling Denny's menu contained two things: run up the gut for no gain and Moons Over My Hammy.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 12-23-2012   #1810
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36084 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Our offensive guru of a head coach has like 3 offensive TDs in the last 4 weeks or something like that.

Needless to say, I am off the Kubiak bandwagon. I jumped back on to be a good little Texan and support our whole team, but no longer.

Kubiak needs to go.

We have 1st and goal on the 1 and he passes twice, doesn't utilize the best goal line back in the NFL this year, refuses to run any no huddle even though it has been extremely effective the few times we have run it, runs the ball on 1st down with about 5 minutes left in the game, poor clock management, etc.

Gary Kubiak is NOT an NFL head coach. We don't show up for big games
Old 12-23-2012   #1811
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Our offensive guru of a head coach has like 3 offensive TDs in the last 4 weeks or something like that.

Needless to say, I am off the Kubiak bandwagon. I jumped back on to be a good little Texan and support our whole team, but no longer.

Kubiak needs to go.

We have 1st and goal on the 1 and he passes twice, doesn't utilize the best goal line back in the NFL this year, refuses to run any no huddle even though it has been extremely effective the few times we have run it, runs the ball on 1st down with about 5 minutes left in the game, poor clock management, etc.

Gary Kubiak is NOT an NFL head coach. We don't show up for big games
But a lot of people want him to call pass plays near the goal line.
Old 12-23-2012   #1812
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess he's saving all the good plays for the playoffs.
Old 12-23-2012   #1813
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36084 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But a lot of people want him to call pass plays near the goal line.
Could you direct me to those people so I can punch them in the face?
Old 12-23-2012   #1814
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I can't put this on Kubiak. The plays were there.

Something is wrong with his offense no doubt about that & as HC/OC, it falls on him to figure it out & fix it. 4 games now.... should have been fixed by now.

However, he wasn't fired after going 9-7. He tried his damdest but didn't get fired after 6-10. He's not going to get fired after going 12-4
Old 12-23-2012   #1815
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I can't put this on Kubiak. The plays were there.

Something is wrong with his offense no doubt about that & as HC/OC, it falls on him to figure it out & fix it. 4 games now.... should have been fixed by now.

However, he wasn't fired after going 9-7. He tried his damdest but didn't get fired after 6-10. He's not going to get fired after going 12-4
This was where I was... 1-2 games ago. But after today, I can't just continue saying, "Oh the offense was just out of sync." Look, the defense struggling I understand. Losing Cushing is a huge blow as it effects our pass rush, coverage, and run D as Cush is good to great in all those areas for his position. But what the offense is doing (or not doing) is inexcusable. Week after week they just look out of sync and that falls on the head coach.

The fact is our D is not where it was at the beginning of the year. So if this team is a Super Bowl team, then this offense needs to start carrying the team. And that falls on our offensive guru Gary Kubiak. He also just so happens to be the head coach.

A team with Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels, James Casey, Duane Brown, and Chris Myers (all considered to be Pro Bowl capable players at their positions) should not be struggling like this! The play calling is predictable. The blocking is not getting it done. And our passing game has got to get it together. Why do we only throw to James Casey once a game? Where was Graham? Did Jean make Kubiak's **** list?

Something is going on with this team, and the first place to look is at the top.
Old 12-23-2012   #1816
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
This was where I was... 1-2 games ago. But after today, I can't just continue saying, "Oh the offense was just out of sync." Look, the defense struggling I understand. Losing Cushing is a huge blow as it effects our pass rush, coverage, and run D as Cush is good to great in all those areas for his position. But what the offense is doing (or not doing) is inexcusable. Week after week they just look out of sync and that falls on the head coach.
I think I said it wrong. I do blame Kubiak for not fixing this funk. I'm just not blaming the play-calls. The plays were there, they just didn't get it done.
Old 12-23-2012   #1817
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think I said it wrong. I do blame Kubiak for not fixing this funk. I'm just not blaming the play-calls. The plays were there, they just didn't get it done.
1st and goal at the 1. You have to have a TD. It keeps you in the game. You have 4 downs to punch it in. K.I.S.S.

Run The Football. All four downs. If you can't get 1 yard in 4 downs, you don't deserve to be on the football field with your opponent.
Old 12-23-2012   #1818
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1st and goal at the 1. You have to have a TD. It keeps you in the game. You have 4 downs to punch it in. K.I.S.S.

Run The Football. All four downs. If you can't get 1 yard in 4 downs, you don't deserve to be on the football field with your opponent.
This. The moment the game did not become 16-10 at the conclusion of that series the game was over.
Old 12-23-2012   #1819
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

This just in...Kubiak played some Madden after the game and punted on 4th and 1.
Old 12-23-2012   #1820
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

As good as the Texans offense can be, I sometimes feel like it's kind of like a slow plodding and old fashioned offense. No doubt, when its working it's darn near unstoppable but a lot of things have to go right before it hits full speed. In today's NFL you see a lot of fast offenses that go out there and score quickly or move the chains easily when needed. All the great offenses like the Packers and Patriots have this capability to move the ball fast without having to set things up and waiting for that exact right moment to get the big plays. Part of the problem is Matt Schaub who's not fleet of foot and seems to have developed a fear of getting hit (who can really blame him after losing part of his ear???). The offense as it is right now is in trouble if the running game isn't going. It's not flexible enough to adjust on the fly imo. You can cite the Lions or Jags game as proof that we can air it out, but that's just no our thing and we cannot sustain that kind of offense for an extended period of time and expect to win games. One of things Kubiak, Dennision, and Rick Smith have to work on this offseason is to change the offense up a bit and add some new wrinkles to it. I don't know why we moved away from giving Keyshawn Martin the ball because he's the kind of guy who can move the chains and give the offense a dynamism it's sorely lacking. I thought David Anderson was a valuable guy on this offense and we're missing out on the types of plays those smaller receivers can make. Also, a bigger tight end would be nice to give Schaub a bigger target and even though OD is great, he's more a middle of the field receiver. Kubiak will not be fired so the best we can hope for as fans is that the offense will evolve and not be so one dimensional.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read