Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What will or play-offs end in
One and Done 40 46.51%
Win one game and lose the AFC Championship 30 34.88%
Go to the superbowl but lose 3 3.49%
WIN IT ALL !!!! 13 15.12%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2012   #41
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF
Default Re: How Confident are you.....

I keep saying it, "whatever the first game this team plays in the play-offs, we are toast!" We are one and done!!!
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #42
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson80 View Post
Who says the players and coach don't believe. You?..lol you guys are ridiculous.
No, we're pissed off. I'm not about to sing praises after that three-hour crap the Texans just showed. I'm pissed, but that in no way reflects my fandom. Geeezus.
Old 12-23-2012   #43
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
No, we're pissed off. I'm not about to sing praises after that three-hour crap the Texans just showed. I'm pissed, but that in no way reflects my fandom. Geeezus.
Thank you, why do people think anyone less as fans if they actually question what is going on are arent happy with it ?
Old 12-23-2012   #44
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 811 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

The same people didn't believe before this game. This performance has nothing to do with the doubters. I will continue to support them until they lose. Until then I 100% have faith in the best Texans team ever. If they win it all the same doubters will be like I had faith the whole time
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #45
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68808 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Thank you, why do people think anyone less as fans if they actually question what is going on are arent happy with it ?
I'm not happy but I'm not being a reactionary moron about it. You can express your dissatisfaction while keeping perspective.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #46
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude did it look like they believed today ? If that is believing then i must be the biggest damn christian in the world. Just saying
Yeah, but you've never been that much of a homer anyway.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #47
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31940 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of the responses are silly. If someone is upset after a loss they are 'morons' and 'doubters'? Last I checked no one here wrote what it means to be a fan nor is their some official guide. Because some have doubts does not change the fact that those same fans will most likely be there cheering every Sunday (or whatever day). If they choose to not think we have enough right to get the job done it isn't like they are pulling it out of thin air. You'd have to be blind to not see the issues.

So if you have doubts, it's understandable. If you don't, then more power to you. But no one is more a fan one way or another. Heck, Browns and Raiders fans are filling their stadium every Sunday. They doubt they'll win. But they are still fans. So getting up in arms about folks who have doubts is just a bit ridiculous.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #48
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
The same people didn't believe before this game. This performance has nothing to do with the doubters. I will continue to support them until they lose. Until then I 100% have faith in the best Texans team ever. If they win it all the same doubters will be like I had faith the whole time
The little boys among us will be like that. The real men among us will say we were wrong and man up. I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong. However, based on the play the last 4-5 weeks I have no confidence in this team until they prove me wrong.

I am a native Texan and proud of it. However the history of this franchise dictates you must take a Missouri attitude with this team.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #49
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I have doubts about this team, but it is mainly because of who the HC is. I don't trust Kubiak in a tight game and I never will. He has shown to many times that he won't change or adjust his philosophy under certain circumstances.

We have a good team though, and if this team can get motivated enough, you never know. They only have to win two playoff games, but they'll have to go through Manning and Brady for sure. I don't see our HC having this team prepared enough to beat both of those teams and Schaub is not good enough to out duel both of those guys if our entire team isn't playing out of this world.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm still a Texans fan. I love 'em. I root for them. I buy all their gear, $7.50 bear, season tickets, play-off tickets.

But my confidence is low. Offensively, for three & a half games, we can't do anything. This isn't a fluke.

I was holding out hope that we would get our second wind. Seems as though Jj Watt & the defense has, but this offense.

We got out played by Christian Ponder having an average day.
Old 12-23-2012   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
worst fan base ever.
Ravens, Bengals, Colts.... I bet, for the most part, their fans aren't overly confident that they will win the Super Bowl. I'm sure most... practically most would think they are lucky if they get past the Wild Card weekend.

We aren't any different.
Old 12-23-2012   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Sorry, I never expressed any doubt that this team will be in the Super Bowl until today.

Three & a half games our offense has looked pathetic.

The 19th ranked defense just picked up the mortgage on Reliant.
Old 12-23-2012   #53
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel the same way I felt last week and the week prior.

Don't think were going to the big game, but it's not out of the question. I think anyone we face first is going to beat us though.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #54
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
He's calling me the board Nazi, because I think it's unbelievably dumb to have multiple threads on the same goddamn topic.
Wow, if you owned the football (texanstalk.com) you could take your football and go home to pout. We always have multiple threads, some merge & others don't. Go to a different restaurant if you think you will not enjoy what is being served.

I voted SB and lose. I am losing some confidence as this team seem to refuse to take it's future in it's hands and hammer out wins. IMO, we should have gone into playoffs 15-1. Some on the players and some on coaches. It was a hard loss for me to swallow today.
Old 12-23-2012   #55
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 28030 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

If we win next week, this will be the worst #1 seed team in the history of football.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #56
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68808 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Wow, if you owned the football (texanstalk.com) you could take your football and go home to pout. We always have multiple threads, some merge & others don't. Go to a different restaurant if you think you will not enjoy what is being served.
Nothing wrong with constructive criticism.
Old 12-23-2012   #57
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The only way this team survives two weeks of the playoffs is if they get a bye and sit out the first one. Three weeks is out of the question the way they're playing.
Old 12-23-2012   #58
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just sad to see the cowboys continue to fight while the other team in texas went to the corner layed down and put their thumb in their mouth.
The situations don't compare .They ( being the cowboys ) have to win to stay alive, where as we are in already fighting for seeding . We didn't need this win to clinch HFA , we can still do that next week.

Some people ( not saying you ) were complaining about having 3 weeks off. How it could be bad for the team to take that much time off. Now they can go into next weeks game and start that momentum . Arian got hurt already , no need to get anyone else hurt. I still got my faith , call me a homer but it think we'll be just fine
Old 12-23-2012   #59
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Yeah, but you've never been that much of a homer anyway.
HAHA i have always been a look the other way, things will improve, we are #1 even when we were 2-14 kind of guy. BUT damn this is getting old. We finally have a team that we could win the superbowl with (Have no doubt we have the talent) BUT do we have the leadership to get us there.

Pulling the starters in the 4th quarter 2 out of the last 3 games shows me that something is lacking. Kubiak can be made at his players for not executing his sorry game plan all he wants, but this is one of the times he can honestly say "Its on me".

Now that i have calmed down a little since the almighty texans offense produced 2 whooping FGs while trying to secure Home Field advantage. My opinon still stands.

We get a lead and we play scared in games. We get a lead in the AFC and we play scared, same old Kubiak moto. Play not to lose unlike teams like the patriots and SF who instead play to win. We have far to much talent on offense to be losing the way we did in this game and against the Patriots.

Say what you want, sure Schaub had a bad game, who on offense besides AJ had a good day ? But were the players put in the right position to win the game ? I dont think so. You dont pull the starters with that much time left down by 3 scores. We have all seen teams come back with less time left.

Sorry for the rant but this team has leadership issues on offense and the guys leading the offense.

As far as defense goes, they gave up some big plays sure, but they kept AP in check and gave the O many many chances to get the team back into the game.
Old 12-23-2012   #60
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Gee, those 49ers really play to win. What's that? They were up 31-3 last week and ended up having to win late? Oh.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read