Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Would you trade...
1) Matt Schaub, Andre and a 1st for Stafford, C.Johnson a 2nd and 3rd pick 24 39.34%
2) Arian Foster and Duane Brown for Joe Thomas and Trent Richardson 2 3.28%
3) JJ Watt and Kareem for RG3 and a 2nd round pick 0 0%
4) JJ Watt and Ben Tate for Andrew Luck and a 1st 4 6.56%
5) Jjo, Antonio, Cushing for Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman 10 16.39%
6)Schaub,Watt,Foster, Cushing,Kubiak, and a 2nd for Bill Belichick, Tom Brady a 1st and a 2nd 8 13.11%
7) Ben Tate and Karem Jackson for 5 third round picks in the next draft 13 21.31%
8) Shayne Graham for Tim Tebow and a sandwhich 32 52.46%
9) Chris Myers, Brian Cushing and a 1st for Calvin Johnson 13 21.31%
10)Schaub,Foster,Brown, DManning, and a 2ndfor Ngata and Ed Reed and Flacco 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2012   #81
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would You Trade....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Not all of us can keep up with the life style you have Bill. ...leave us something.
LOL, it's certainly caught up with me. I find nice quiet weekends more enjoyable these days. Except on Sundays when I'm usually screaming at my TV.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012   #82
GregR
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 GregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
****This Thread is just for fun*****

Outrageous scenarios below:

1) Matt Schaub, Andre and a 1st for Stafford, C.Johnson a 2nd and 3rd pick

2) Arian Foster and Duane Brown for Joe Thomas and Trent Richardson

3) JJ Watt and Kareem for RG3 and a 2nd round pick

4) JJ Watt and Ben Tate for Andrew Luck and a 1st

5) Jjo, Antonio, Cushing for Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman

6) Matt Schaub, JJ Watt, Arian Foster, Brian Cushing, Gary Kubiak, and a 2nd for Bill Belichick, Tom Brady a 1st and a 2nd

7) Ben Tate and Karem Jackson for 5 third round picks in the next draft

8) Shayne Graham for Tim Tebow and a sandwhich

9) Chris Myers, Brian Cushing and a 1st for Calvin Johnson

10) Matt Schaub, Arian Foster, Danieal Manning, Duane Brown and a 2ndfor Ngata and Ed Reed and Flacco
1) Yes, no brainer. CJ and Stafford are both several years younger, and the extra picks make it a landslide. You could use both on QBs if you feel there is too big a drop off to Stafford and probably get an NFL starter.

2) Yes, definitely. The quality of players is fairly similar, and Thomas and Brown probably get similar contracts, but I gain $3m a year with Richardson plus he's a couple of years younger than Foster. That would have been enough to retain Brisiel, for example.

3) No, but it's close. Just don't like the injury risk of utilizing RG3 fully.

4) Yes, though it was close. Ben Tate is probably gone after 2013, there's not much chance of paying him what he can get plus paying Foster what Foster is already getting. So we're talking about trading Watt and 1 year of Tate for Luck and a 1st. As much as I love me some Watt, I don't know that I'd take Reggie White's career over an elite QB which I think Luck is going to be. Throw in the 1st and I'd have to make the trade. Tate, again is almost an afterthought in the trade for me.

5) No way. Cushing is comparable to Bowman at least, and there's no way Willis is worth Watt, let alone Watt and Antonio.

6) No, giving up too much and I want to see Belichick actually be a success for a period of time without Tom Brady at QB. Brady won't be around forever. Better coach than Kubes but I'm not going to assume he'll accomplish the same when Brady retires.

7) Yes, absolute no brainer. With Tate being gone in another year, a single 3rd for him is fair value, so getting four 3rds for Kareem is a no brainer even if he's turned into a decent NFL corner. Could probably move up with your 1st and then 2 or 3 of those 3rds to get a comparable corner, and have the extra picks left.

8) Not even if it was a toasted sandwich.

9) If the 1st wasn't in there I'd probably do it, but that's too much otherwise.

10) No, not even close. Not even if you put a 1st in on the Ravens side.
GregR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012   #83
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregR View Post
1) Yes, no brainer. CJ and Stafford are both several years younger, and the extra picks make it a landslide. You could use both on QBs if you feel there is too big a drop off to Stafford and probably get an NFL starter.

2) Yes, definitely. The quality of players is fairly similar, and Thomas and Brown probably get similar contracts, but I gain $3m a year with Richardson plus he's a couple of years younger than Foster. That would have been enough to retain Brisiel, for example.

3) No, but it's close. Just don't like the injury risk of utilizing RG3 fully.

4) Yes, though it was close. Ben Tate is probably gone after 2013, there's not much chance of paying him what he can get plus paying Foster what Foster is already getting. So we're talking about trading Watt and 1 year of Tate for Luck and a 1st. As much as I love me some Watt, I don't know that I'd take Reggie White's career over an elite QB which I think Luck is going to be. Throw in the 1st and I'd have to make the trade. Tate, again is almost an afterthought in the trade for me.

5) No way. Cushing is comparable to Bowman at least, and there's no way Willis is worth Watt, let alone Watt and Antonio.

6) No, giving up too much and I want to see Belichick actually be a success for a period of time without Tom Brady at QB. Brady won't be around forever. Better coach than Kubes but I'm not going to assume he'll accomplish the same when Brady retires.

7) Yes, absolute no brainer. With Tate being gone in another year, a single 3rd for him is fair value, so getting four 3rds for Kareem is a no brainer even if he's turned into a decent NFL corner. Could probably move up with your 1st and then 2 or 3 of those 3rds to get a comparable corner, and have the extra picks left.

8) Not even if it was a toasted sandwich.

9) If the 1st wasn't in there I'd probably do it, but that's too much otherwise.

10) No, not even close. Not even if you put a 1st in on the Ravens side.
Just pointing out that number 5 watt wasn't included. You'd be keeping watt and adding bowman and Willis behind him.

But jjo would be gone.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012   #84
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Your love of stats has distorted your perception of reality.
Don't you know one's perception IS one's reality.

Look the whole point of this discussion is whether Rodgers would be significantly better than Schaub is in this run-first offense, with this cast of receivers (which isn't as formidable, top to bottom, as what he has in GB), and with Kubiak/Dennison calling the plays.

I think he'd be an upgrade for sure. Just not enough of an upgrade for me to weaken my defense - which most everyone agrees is the strength of the team since Wade showed up - by giving up the strongest part of that defense and Wade's most valuable piece, J.J. Watt.
Why is that so difficult to accept?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #85
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

A year later....kind of funny looking back at this poll...

There are some that make you go...hmmmm

And others that make you want to barf.

This was fun to so when so many if our guys were doing well. I wanted to do one for this year, but it's not fun to do when the team isn't doing well.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read