Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2012   #1781
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 290661 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

No matter what the Texans do this year, even if they win the Super Bowl, there is always that great big shadow that Wade casts over Kubiak as to the over all performance of the team.

But no matter. As has been said a thousand times here, we have the best offensive and defense coordinators in the league. Just so happens our offensive coordinator also sits in the head coaches seat.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 12-22-2012   #1782
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
No matter what the Texans do this year, even if they win the Super Bowl, there is always that great big shadow that Wade casts over Kubiak as to the over all performance of the team.

But no matter. As has been said a thousand times here, we have the best offensive and defense coordinators in the league. Just so happens our offensive coordinator also sits in the head coaches seat.
Either one or both of Wade's defense and Kubiak's offense have looked average ... since they beat the Ravens. To be honest , I think thats the only complete game they have played all season.

We can use injuries as an excuse , but Im just callin it how I see it. They have generally done just enough to win the rest of those in the W column and got b!tchslapped by the Packers and Patriots.

Im begining to think that the offenses problems are QB related .... They may be 3rd in the entire league in ppg scored , but I think they have left a multitude of points on the field , case in point 5 field goals in six attempts against the Dolts who are 9th worst in points allowed.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 12-22-2012   #1783
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 290661 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Either one or both of Wade's defense and Kubiak's offense have looked average ... since they beat the Ravens. To be honest , I think thats the only complete game they have played all season.

We can use injuries as an excuse , but Im just callin it how I see it. They have generally done just enough to win the rest of those in the W column and got b!tchslapped by the Packers and Patriots.

Im begining to think that the offenses problems are QB related .... They may be 3rd in the entire league in ppg scored , but I think they have left a multitude of points on the field , case in point 5 field goals in six attempts against the Dolts who are 9th worst in points allowed.
Agreed in that they haven't looked as good lately as they did earlier in the season. But except for those two eggs they laid, they do keep winning. And in the end, that's all that counts. Let's see what AP does to us on Sunday, that'll tell us a lot if they can hold him to under 150 yards and win the game.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 12-22-2012   #1784
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's fire Kubiak.
Let's rebuild.
Let's make this thread 100 page long before the game starts.
Let's build up some momentum here so that it will reach 200 pages by the end of the game.

OK, I'm going to catch a little more sleep now.

Old 12-22-2012   #1785
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
If you go back & look at Wade's history & the basis of his sophomore "curse" I think the argument could be made that Kubiak has made him better as well. & if Wade has come to the point where he would not seek another HC gig, then Kubiak as a HC, a team builder, a bringer togetherer, takes another step in the right direction and Wade's shadow only looms ominous in the minds of those that hate Kubiak.

Quote:
I don't even think about the Packers game. I know the similarity between it & the Patriots game makes it difficult to ignore, but it happened so early in the season I don't believe it is relevant to "who" this team is.

As far as "doing just enough to win" I don't know if that's a bad thing. From a fan's pov, I would like to see us blow out inferior teams, but does that really make us a better team?

I still think it is silly to think we can get into a shootout with New England, Denver, Green Bay, or New Orleans & expect to win. At best, our odds are less than 50/50. Controlling the ball, metriculating down the field & capping drives with scores is the only way to get the odds in our favor. That's what we have to do, I think. That's what we need to be working on & get proficient at before we get to the post season.

That game plan got us 43 points against the Ravens, had us at 21-9 against the Broncos, got us to 12-2 more or less. Sometimes it looked ugly & against the elite, inept. But changing who we are won't make us better at what we want to do.

Yes, we should have scored more against the 21st ranked scoring defense. Yes 1 for 6 is a problem. Now is the time to address those problems. Not try to hide them. Hopefully our redzone success will improve versus Minnesota. Hopefully our starters will play two series against the Colts & score TDs on both drives (that's the only way I think we can call it improvement against the Colts).

If we can't do it in the regular season, chances aren't good for us to get it done in the post season.
Old 12-22-2012   #1786
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94457 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Bill Parcells regular season record as HC was 117-73-1 when Bill Belicheck was on his staff (Giants, Patriots, Jets). His playoff record was 11-5. He won two Super Bowls, and went to a third.

Bill Parcells regular season record as HC was 55-57 when Bill Belicheck wasn't on his staff (Patriots, Cowboys). He went to the playoffs twice in seven seasons, and went 0-2 in those two appearances.

If it takes Wade to get Gary over the hump, I can live with that. I'm guessing Gary will be able to also.
Old 12-22-2012   #1787
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
If you go back & look at Wade's history & the basis of his sophomore "curse" I think the argument could be made that Kubiak has made him better as well. & if Wade has come to the point where he would not seek another HC gig, then Kubiak as a HC, a team builder, a bringer togetherer, takes another step in the right direction and Wade's shadow only looms ominous in the minds of those that hate Kubiak.

I don't even think about the Packers game. I know the similarity between it & the Patriots game makes it difficult to ignore, but it happened so early in the season I don't believe it is relevant to "who" this team is.

As far as "doing just enough to win" I don't know if that's a bad thing. From a fan's pov, I would like to see us blow out inferior teams, but does that really make us a better team?

I still think it is silly to think we can get into a shootout with New England, Denver, Green Bay, or New Orleans & expect to win. At best, our odds are less than 50/50. Controlling the ball, metriculating down the field & capping drives with scores is the only way to get the odds in our favor. That's what we have to do, I think. That's what we need to be working on & get proficient at before we get to the post season.

That game plan got us 43 points against the Ravens, had us at 21-9 against the Broncos, got us to 12-2 more or less. Sometimes it looked ugly & against the elite, inept. But changing who we are won't make us better at what we want to do.

Yes, we should have scored more against the 21st ranked scoring defense. Yes 1 for 6 is a problem. Now is the time to address those problems. Not try to hide them. Hopefully our redzone success will improve versus Minnesota. Hopefully our starters will play two series against the Colts & score TDs on both drives (that's the only way I think we can call it improvement against the Colts).

If we can't do it in the regular season, chances aren't good for us to get it done in the post season.
LAst year texans self imploded and noone thought texans would beat bengals..they gave the first win to my winless colts...but moment playoff starts **** got real lol...i dont expect texans to lay over and die and i do beleive they are holding back some plays as far as coaching goes
Old 12-22-2012   #1788
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
LAst year texans self imploded and noone thought texans would beat bengals..they gave the first win to my winless colts...but moment playoff starts **** got real lol...i dont expect texans to lay over and die and i do beleive they are holding back some plays as far as coaching goes
I don't know that we're holding anything back, I think they are being extremely particular about what they want to do. Things we need to be really good at to go where we want to go.

But like you said, scit gets real in the play-offs & we'll do what we need to do to win.
Old 12-22-2012   #1789
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 287880 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If you're doing "just enough to win", you don't win by 12 points. Five of our 12 wins have been by 1 score. That means 7 of them are by 2 scores.

Have we left a multitude of points on the field? Well, we did in the Colts game and we still won by 2 scores.

When you suck, you can't win by kicking field goals. It's not a winning strategy. You've got to take more risks to convert those field goals to TDs. You can't afford to leave those points on the field. When you take those risks, they can backfire on you.

But if you have a good defense, you CAN win by kicking field goals. If your offense is scoring on most of its possessions, you can afford for some of those possessions to be field goals especially if your defense is getting stops on the other team. Most of the teams in the top 10 of field goal attempts are winning teams and most of the teams in the bottom 10 of field goal attempts are cellar dwellers.

The main thing is to get points when you can and trust your defense to stop the other team. That might sound conservative but conservative wins if you've got a good team.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
Old 12-22-2012   #1790
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

TBH i just want to see some creativeness sometimes. Fake put, hand it to foster, where he pitches to schaub and jits AJ deep. Something anything out of Kubes comfort zone.
Old 12-22-2012   #1791
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 287880 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
TBH i just want to see some creativeness sometimes. Fake put, hand it to foster, where he pitches to schaub and jits AJ deep. Something anything out of Kubes comfort zone.
Like a half-back pass?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
Old 12-22-2012   #1792
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

My obligatory:

Old 12-22-2012   #1793
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 97902 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
My obligatory:

Beat me to it.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
Old 12-22-2012   #1794
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94457 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Like a half-back pass?
Nice point. Seems to me, creative is when you need it. We won 12 games so far without needing to be particularly creative (Sounds like something Vince Lombardi would approve of - doesn't it), and we lost two games where all the creativity in the world wouldn't have changed squat.

The first thing I think of these days when I hear the word creative is the Saints on-sides kick to start the second half of their Super Bowl. It very very well could have been the difference between them winning and losing that game. We have yet to be in an even remotely similar situation this season.

Last edited by ChampionTexan; 12-22-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-22-2012   #1795
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Beat me to it.
Same 'ol, same 'ol, Bro!!!
Old 12-22-2012   #1796
AggiebyMarriage
waterboy

I agree, Kubiak should call Something Wild and Crazy Plays! Some plays that catches the other team by surprise. I love it!!

Do you know what would be even better, Kubiak should call a a play like that when they least expect it. Like when the Texans are backed up on their goal line. That's what that Dunderhead Kubiak should do.

WOW, wouldn't it be great if he just had a little imagination like that great offensive play caller Jerry Glanville showed with his STAGGER LEE call in 1987.

Ya, that is how you win Playoff Games, call some plays like the Stagger Lee!

Come on Kubiak, get out of your comfort zone. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG!!!
Old 12-23-2012   #1797
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Nice point. Seems to me, creative is when you need it. We won 12 games so far without needing to be particularly creative (Sounds like something Vince Lombardi would approve of - doesn't it), and we lost two games where all the creativity in the world wouldn't have changed squat.

The first thing I think of these days when I hear the word creative is the Saints on-sides kick to start the second half of their Super Bowl. It very very well could have been the difference between them winning and losing that game. We have yet to be in an even remotely similar situation this season.
Even when we had our 6-10 season did we do anything out of the norm ??? Just saying stuff like that makes it exciting sometimes and pretty much every other NFL team has done some kind of trick play this season, we havent done one in god knows how long.

Yes i know we are winning and love it, just think that sometimes we need to spice it up. If anything make it more for the players, cause you know they have fun doing that stuff.
Old 12-23-2012   #1798
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Does Kubiak get fired by halftime or by game end?
Any prediction?
Old 12-23-2012   #1799
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Does Kubiak get fired by halftime or by game end?
Any prediction?
when he dies, I like Kubiak in all honesty. Just wish he would stray from his comfort zone for even 1 play per season haha
Old 12-23-2012   #1800
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
when he dies, I like Kubiak in all honesty. Just wish he would stray from his comfort zone for even 1 play per season haha
He gave Holliday a conditional green light.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read