Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2012   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Vikings' plan for J.J. Watt: 'Run the football right down his throat'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Yeah, but quite a few of Ad's big runs were due to his own talent and the Defense missing tackles (not due to the line play, even though I give them enough of the credit they deserve.)
Right, some of the highlights, you can see he runs into a roadblock, then bounces back & takes it the other way. I'm sure his line helps, but they ain't seen Jj Watt & Antonio Smith yet.

Good point about the missed tackles. Has anyone gone back & watched the last three games, paying special attention to Danieal Manning? I think he's trying too hard. He's taken some bad angles & missed quite a few tackles.
Old 12-21-2012   #42
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vikings' plan for J.J. Watt: 'Run the football right down his throat'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Right, some of the highlights, you can see he runs into a roadblock, then bounces back & takes it the other way. I'm sure his line helps, but they ain't seen Jj Watt & Antonio Smith yet.

Good point about the missed tackles. Has anyone gone back & watched the last three games, paying special attention to Danieal Manning? I think he's trying too hard. He's taken some bad angles & missed quite a few tackles.
I have noticed our safeties have been taking bad angles lately in the run support. At least I noticed it a few times. Almost as if they cant decide to attack at the los, or play it safe.... They pull up halfway there then they end up chasing the rb. Either commit to the hole hard and finish with fury, or take a safe angle at a slower pace.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #43
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 113586 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Whatever. The Texans better be ready for AP because he is a monster running back and will get his yards against anyone, including us. Doesn't mean the Viking girls will win, because they won't. But AP will get his yards nonetheless.
I'd be careful how I spoke about "Viking girls"...

...just sayin...

Old 12-21-2012   #44
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected

If Ray Rice was a junior-sized burrito, what's Adrian Peterson on the menu? Seeking out the schoolyard bully on the first day of school to call him out is, I guess, one way to do things...could end badly, though.
Old 12-21-2012   #45
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pec0sb0b View Post
If Ray Rice was a junior-sized burrito, what's Adrian Peterson on the menu? Seeking out the schoolyard bully on the first day of school to call him out is, I guess, one way to do things...could end badly, though.
Jack in the Box 2 tacos for 99 cents.

I kid...

I said it in another thread and that is if the Texans can keep Peterson somewhat in check (and by check I mean less than 180), the Texans will still win, barring Jared Allen lunging his helmet into Schaub's knee. The Texans' offense is way more balanced.
Old 12-21-2012   #46
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57758 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like Kubiaks strategy when we played NE. "Lets run the ball down Wilforks throat". Yeh Remember how well that worked?
Old 12-21-2012   #47
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 33404 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

There you go, feed the BEAST with ignorance.....
Old 12-21-2012   #48
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 113586 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Sounds like Kubiaks strategy when we played NE. "Lets run the ball down Wilforks throat". Yeh Remember how well that worked?
We don't have a Wilfolk. We have a Cody without a Cushing behind him.
Old 12-21-2012   #49
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57758 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
We don't have a Wilfolk. We have a Cody without a Cushing behind him.
No we have a Watt. He is our best defender and if they want to run at him then I say bring it. If anyone is going to step up and except that challenge its Watt the best defensive player in the entire NFL.
Old 12-21-2012   #50
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
No we have a Watt. He is our best defender and if they want to run at him then I say bring it. If anyone is going to step up and except that challenge its Watt the best defensive player in the entire NFL.
Right on , there we go!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #51
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah outside people seem to forget JJ is a DE in a 3-4 !!!!!!!!!! how he makes plays is crazy in a 3-4 OLB are usually get all the flashy plays
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read