Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2012   #21
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vikings' plan for J.J. Watt: 'Run the football right down his throat'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
I smell play action bomb to start the game. They've established the running game before the coin toss.
I thought about that, too!

But I'd would rather we control the clock for extended period of time.
Just grind it out. Keep moving the chain.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #22
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vikings' plan for J.J. Watt: 'Run the football right down his throat'

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
"Chomp, chomp. Swallow. Next?" signed JJ Watt.
I know people don't want to hear it, but the O-lineman in this story is right...They have seen every kind of front imaginable trying to stop AD & he's still been able to beast.

BUT.......................not every team they've faced has a player comparable to what Watt brings to the table. except the 9ers & i don't know what AD had against them but i do know they won.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #23
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL..I know JJ looks for motivation to play better. He keeps videos of all the fans trashing him when he got drafted. Now he has extra motivation, I don't think they will run at him for very long. My money says they rethink that strategy real quick. We will see I guess.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #24
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Texans need their ball/clock-control offense to go into mega-mode, keep Peterson of the field. Vikings won't have time to rely on their horse, they'll have to go aerial and that's where the Texans will feast!

Also, calling out JJ Watt???? Calling out Arian Foster???? I mean, I guess at least nobody called out Andre too lol....
I'd almost rather see the explosive Texans O. Go up big and force them away from the run. My only concern would be to give the D a break now and again.

I hope this pisses Watt off. Would be bad ass to break the sack record, and take AP down for a couple TFL's.
Old 12-21-2012   #25
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I'd almost rather see the explosive Texans O. Go up big and force them away from the run. My only concern would be to give the D a break now and again.

I hope this pisses Watt off. Would be bad ass to break the sack record, and take AP down for a couple TFL's.
AD is due for a little cooling period.

He can have all his yards next week.
Old 12-21-2012   #26
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

1st play out the gate....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6-MI3srSqw
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #27
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I know people don't want to hear it, but the O-lineman in this story is right...They have seen every kind of front imaginable trying to stop AD & he's still been able to beast.

BUT.......................not every team they've faced has a player comparable to what Watt brings to the table. except the 9ers & i don't know what AD had against them but i do know they won.
Yeah, but quite a few of Ad's big runs were due to his own talent and the Defense missing tackles (not due to the line play, even though I give them enough of the credit they deserve.)
Old 12-21-2012   #28
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Not cool dude.

AD is a freaking beast and he will go over 100 against us. What we need to do is hold him to 1 or 2 yard gains on a few first and second down plays. When the Vikes are in 3rd and 5+ they might as well punt, especially without Harvin. Our offense would help us greatly if they could get an early lead forcing the Vikings to take a few more chances in the passing game. Unless their defense holds us under 20 points, I don't see us losing this game.
Haha wasn't saying it to wish injury on the guy, just meant Watt is a beast by that. I played against AP is high school so I a happy to see his succed.
Old 12-21-2012   #29
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Leroy Harris comparisons are just dumb. Last I checked, saying a guy is "Special" (as Fusco did) is not the same thing as saying the guy is "Not anything special" (as Harris did).

Inflammatory? Maybe a little, but even that aspect of this is overrated IMO.
Old 12-21-2012   #30
76Texan
Hall of Fame

?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
The Leroy Harris comparisons are just dumb. Last I checked, saying a guy is "Special" (as Fusco did) is not the same thing as saying the guy is "Not anything special" (as Harris did).

Inflammatory? Maybe a little, but even that aspect of this is overrated IMO.
Granted it's different, but saying running the ball down his throat can be seen as worse.

At least, Harris admitted them two plays.

Running the ball down your throat is an entirely different matter.
It means that I own you.

How can you read it any differently?
Old 12-21-2012   #31
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Yeah, you're very special, and I'm gonna run the ball down your throat.

Old 12-21-2012   #32
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13094 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Not cool dude.

AD is a freaking beast and he will go over 100 against us. What we need to do is hold him to 1 or 2 yard gains on a few first and second down plays. When the Vikes are in 3rd and 5+ they might as well punt, especially without Harvin. Our offense would help us greatly if they could get an early lead forcing the Vikings to take a few more chances in the passing game. Unless their defense holds us under 20 points, I don't see us losing this game.
I do agree and don't have a problem with it. He can put up 180 yards as long as none of them get in the End Zone.

Remember CJs "coming out" game was against us. 150 yards of useless time wasting.
Old 12-21-2012   #33
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

We should make a deal with the Vikings. We'll let Peterson have 150 yards if you let JJ have 3 sacks.
Old 12-21-2012   #34
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1265 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
We should make a deal with the Vikings. We'll let Peterson have 150 yards if you let JJ have 3 sacks.
Michael Strahan approves of this post.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #35
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
Michael Strahan approves of this post.
Jared Allen pouts.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #36
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173360 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Common to run right at a team's best lineman. It worked against Mario because his first step was so quick it he took himself out of plays.

But J.J. ain't no one-trick pony. I expect AP to get his. I expect J.J. to get some, too.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #37
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

We shouldn't be worried about Watt and the Vikings running right at him. We should be worried about Cody and the Vikings running right at him. Cody got pushed around far to much by single blockers in the Colts game. Cody needs to be able to hold the LOS and our ILB's need to be able to step up and stop the run. We're weak at both NT and ILB, and both positions will be exposed by the Vikings.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #38
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It's the NFL's fourth-best rushing offense vs. the No. 5-ranked run defense, one that has allowed the league's fewest touchdowns on the ground (three). The Vikings are ready, said right guard Brandon Fusco.

"We've seen every look -- eight-, nine-man fronts. Whatever they throw at us, we're going to be able to block it," said Fusco, who, along with backup Geoff Schwartz, will match up against Watt. "He's special. Probably the best we're going to see. But we're ready to get after him. It's a fun challenge for us. Go out there, be physical with him and do what we like to do best: run the football right down his throat, basically."

Peterson's 6.3-yard-per-carry average emboldens such confidence, as the Vikings have averaged 29 running plays per game. The Texans have seen that kind of ground commitment from opponents only twice this season.
But Houston's dynamic 3-4 defensive front is unlike any the Vikings have seen in terms of speed, pressure and mayhem.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...football-right

Yeah?

I'd like to see that!
"only got one thing to say about this...

FEED ME MORE! FEED ME MORE! FEED ME MORE!"

- J. J. Watt

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #39
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 11446 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

'Run the football down his throat'

I think the Vikes think Watt is just a pass rusher when they made that remarks. You only say that to a guy if he's one dimensional. I guess they don't realize Watt along with Wilfork and Justin Smith is one of the best run stopper in football.
That's okay. Let them think that and enjoy it blow up in their face.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I don't want to see Peterson hurt, but I do look forward to seeing the irresistible force against the immovable object. And I wouldn't mind seeing a look on Peterson's face of WTF just happened?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
If will be even better if we take 7 minutes to score the first TD.
This...... I want to see Peterson on the sideline with his helmet waiting to get in the game... ala Ricky Williams.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read