Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Would you trade...
1) Matt Schaub, Andre and a 1st for Stafford, C.Johnson a 2nd and 3rd pick 24 39.34%
2) Arian Foster and Duane Brown for Joe Thomas and Trent Richardson 2 3.28%
3) JJ Watt and Kareem for RG3 and a 2nd round pick 0 0%
4) JJ Watt and Ben Tate for Andrew Luck and a 1st 4 6.56%
5) Jjo, Antonio, Cushing for Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman 10 16.39%
6)Schaub,Watt,Foster, Cushing,Kubiak, and a 2nd for Bill Belichick, Tom Brady a 1st and a 2nd 8 13.11%
7) Ben Tate and Karem Jackson for 5 third round picks in the next draft 13 21.31%
8) Shayne Graham for Tim Tebow and a sandwhich 32 52.46%
9) Chris Myers, Brian Cushing and a 1st for Calvin Johnson 13 21.31%
10)Schaub,Foster,Brown, DManning, and a 2ndfor Ngata and Ed Reed and Flacco 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2012   #41
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would You Trade....

NONE OF THE ABOVE!!!

Trades within the NFL don't work out nearly as well as other professional sports... Think about it... Wouldn't 'Meco be worth more in other sports??
Old 12-20-2012   #42
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
NONE OF THE ABOVE!!!

Trades within the NFL don't work out nearly as well as other professional sports... Think about it... Wouldn't 'Meco be worth more in other sports??
The last real trade I can recall that was well worth making was Champ Bailley for Clinton Portis.

The most recent ones have been low risk high reward trades where one team is more or less unloading one player.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012   #43
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Would you trade....... "No".
Old 12-20-2012   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
****This Thread is just for fun*****

Outrageous scenarios below:

1) Matt Schaub, Andre and a 1st for Stafford, C.Johnson a 2nd and 3rd pick
Yes. I'd like for Andre to retire a Texan. But the value here is way too good.
Quote:
2) Arian Foster and Duane Brown for Joe Thomas and Trent Richardson
No. What's the point?
Quote:
3) JJ Watt and Kareem for RG3 and a 2nd round pick
No. As good as RG3 may seem, I'm not sold. Can't wait to see him next year. Or the year after. But as long as he isn't in the AFC South, we'll be ok.
Quote:
4) JJ Watt and Ben Tate for Andrew Luck and a 1st
No... The boys talented, but Jj Watt & Tate is too rich.
Quote:
5) Jjo, Antonio, Cushing for Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman
Yes.
Quote:
6) Matt Schaub, JJ Watt, Arian Foster, Brian Cushing, Gary Kubiak, and a 2nd for Bill Belichick, Tom Brady a 1st and a 2nd
Yes
Quote:
7) Ben Tate and Karem Jackson for 5 third round picks in the next draft
Yes
Quote:
8) Shayne Graham for Tim Tebow and a sandwhich
Yes
Quote:
9) Chris Myers, Brian Cushing and a 1st for Calvin Johnson
yes
Quote:
10) Matt Schaub, Arian Foster, Danieal Manning, Duane Brown and a 2ndfor Ngata and Ed Reed and Flacco
No
Old 12-20-2012   #45
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
The last real trade I can recall that was well worth making was Champ Bailley for Clinton Portis.

The most recent ones have been low risk high reward trades where one team is more or less unloading one player.
JUP!!! Exactly... The exception but certainly not the rule, no?
Old 12-20-2012   #46
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Yes. I'd like for Andre to retire a Texan. But the value here is way too good.

No. What's the point?

No. As good as RG3 may seem, I'm not sold. Can't wait to see him next year. Or the year after. But as long as he isn't in the AFC South, we'll be ok.

No... The boys talented, but Jj Watt & Tate is too rich.

Yes.

Yes

Yes

Yes

yes

No
I'm surprised at some of your answers fid...

I figured you to be the kind of guy that'd be totally against the belichick and brady scenario as well as the Tate and kjax for 5 thirds...

Any particular reasoning?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012   #47
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would do Shayne for a sandwich + a new washer not Tebow though.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm surprised at some of your answers fid...

I figured you to be the kind of guy that'd be totally against the belichick and brady scenario as well as the Tate and kjax for 5 thirds...

Any particular reasoning?
Belichick & Brady equals wins.... Kubiak & Schaub equals good chance to win... but you might lose

Tate & Kjax for 5 thirds was tough for me. I figured 5 thirds is roughly a first & third or 2 seconds.

You know I like Kjax, but we've got Jjo for a while. Brandon Harris looks promising, then we've got options for the nickel with McCain & Roc & a bunch of 5th round picks. Maybe Stanford sticks around......
Old 12-21-2012   #49
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I got one for y'all. How about Aaron Rodgers and Clay Mathews for Schaub and Watt?
Old 12-21-2012   #50
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I got one for y'all. How about Aaron Rodgers and Clay Mathews for Schaub and Watt?
Hell yes.

I love Watt, but a premier edge rusher and a young elite QB...

I'd friggin jump at the chance...
Old 12-21-2012   #51
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Belichick & Brady equals wins.... Kubiak & Schaub equals good chance to win... but you might lose

Tate & Kjax for 5 thirds was tough for me. I figured 5 thirds is roughly a first & third or 2 seconds.

You know I like Kjax, but we've got Jjo for a while. Brandon Harris looks promising, then we've got options for the nickel with McCain & Roc & a bunch of 5th round picks. Maybe Stanford sticks around......
Ok...That actually makes sense...
Old 12-21-2012   #52
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nope...
J.J. >> Matthews (probably more)
Rodgers > Schaub
I'm still down one ">"
So this is not a win for us.
If'n I ain't winnin' I ain't tradin'
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Nope...
Rodgers > Schaub
I'm still down one ">"
I'm just a messenger here. But what are this odds that JJ will have a season anywhere like this again? He'll still be a stud. But he won't be able to impact the game like he does now. For him to do what he's doing now is unbelievable. To do it again... the odds are against it.

Love Schaub, but Rodgers & Matthews... ok, I don't love Schaub but it would be silly to pass on Rogers & Matthews now.
Old 12-21-2012   #54
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nope...
Rodgers > Schaub
I'm still down one ">"
More like Rodgers >> Schaub so there your even now. It would be insane to pass up an ELITE QB for an elite defensive player. The defensive player can only impact so many defensive plays. The QB on the other hand pacts every offensive play.
Old 12-21-2012   #55
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
More like Rodgers >> Schaub so there your even now. It would be insane to pass up an ELITE QB for an elite defensive player. The defensive player can only impact so many defensive plays. The QB on the other hand pacts every offensive play.
Not if you believe that whole "defense wins championship" thing still holds true in Goodell's "modern-day NFL".
If you don't, I can totally understand why not.
Old 12-21-2012   #56
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
I'm just a messenger here. But what are this odds that JJ will have a season anywhere like this again? He'll still be a stud. But he won't be able to impact the game like he does now. For him to do what he's doing now is unbelievable. To do it again... the odds are against it.

Love Schaub, but Rodgers & Matthews... ok, I don't love Schaub but it would be silly to pass on Rogers & Matthews now.
Fair question. It depends on whether you think Watt is having a "career year" or if this is who he is and how he'll play from here on out. If he's our answer to, say, Bob Lilly or Ray Childress; then this is par for the course for him for the next 10-12 years. I wouldn't give away a modern-day Bob Lilly for the delta in performance between Schaub and Rodgers.

Take a moment to consider how effective Rodgers will be without his extensive cast of receivers; they won't be coming with him. Rodgers, like Schaub, will have to make do with an "aging" (as some have said in this very thread) 'Dre, Kevin Walter, O.D. (who sometimes disappears in big games) and a bunch of unproven youngsters. No Finley, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, or Greg Jennings. Didn't mention Randall Cobb because A.J. production matches his so they're nearly a wash.

Naah when *I* look at all the factors, I still would rather hang onto Watt & Schaub than roll the dice than HOPE Rodgers would flourish in this conservative system with this bunch of receivers.

But I understand why somefolks would pull the trigger. On the surface it looks like a good deal.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 12-21-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-21-2012   #57
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Nope...
Rodgers > Schaub
I'm still down one ">"
So watt is that much better than Mathews, but Rodgers is just a bit better than schaub?

I don't know about that man...especially seeing how valuable the qb position is.
Old 12-21-2012   #58
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Take a moment to consider how effective Rodgers will be without his extensive cast of receivers; they won't be coming with him. Rodgers, like Schaub, will have to make do with an "aging" (as some have said in this very thread) 'Dre, Kevin Walter, O.D. (who sometimes disappears in big games) and a bunch of unproven youngsters. No Finley, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, or Greg Jennings. Didn't mention Randall Cobb because A.J. production matches his so they're nearly a wash.
I'm thinking Rogers ability to extend plays beyond the ability of pass protection to keep up will help extend Andre's career & the value of OD, Casey, & even Foster.

YAC
Old 12-21-2012   #59
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Like I said, I could see how Rodgers is considered an upgrade over Schaub. But I like having a stud like J.J. Watt to anchor my defense. There are, what 4-5 QBs on Rodgers' level in the league right now...? How many D-linemen are on Watt's level right now - sacks, TFL, Swatted balls (that turn into INTs), etc. Matthews is basically Brian Cushing with more emphasis on pass rushing where Cush defends the run. I HAVE a Cushing. Granted, two would be better, but that would leave me with Ninja being the best guy on the D-line.

Is Rodgers so much better than Schaub that he counters the loss in production (and likely the increase in Pts Allowed) for you guys?

And don't ignore my "in this conservative offense" point. Remember whose calling the plays. Do ya think Kubiak will suddenly start winging it all over the yard just because Rodgers showed up?
I don't.
Old 12-21-2012   #60
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Is Rodgers so much better than Schaub that he counters the loss in production (and likely the increase in Pts Allowed) for you guys?
I don't think we've seen the best Schaub has to offer. 2009, he was on the verge to being elite. Then that guy went away.
Quote:
And don't ignore my "in this conservative offense" point. Remember whose calling the plays. Do ya think we'll suddenly start winging it all over the yard just because Rodgers showed up?
I don't.
That big play on our first drive last week, where Andre had to stop then jump over the DB he had already beat would have been a TD with Rogers throwing the ball.

His ability to extend plays & pick up 6-12 yards moves the chains, & keep us on the field.

The offense doesn't need to change, Rogers will make it more efficient.

& like you said, we're replacing Watt with Matthews, playing on the strong side. We can still get a dynamic rusher on the weak side, if Merci is not that guy. Still we've got Cushing in the middle.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read