Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-20-2012   #21
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Grimes released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Well other than that half-back pass for an interception in the "red zone" thingy... I think, but not sure.

*EDIT*

Nevermind... That was probably Chris Brown, not to be confused with kicker Kris Brown or girl beater Chris Brown w/ Rhianna (Hey GIRL!!!).
Chris Brown throws like I imagine Rhianna would.
Old 12-20-2012   #22
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Unlike Chris Brown, Rhianna can take a hit.

Ouch. Bad joke! Domestic violence isn't a joking matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Unlike Chris Brown, Rhianna can take a hit.

Ouch. Bad joke! Domestic violence isn't a joking matter.
Y'all effers are hilarious...... Well in a sorta serious way!!!!
Old 12-20-2012   #24
DRP
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 DRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respected

Nick Scurfield‏@NickScurfield

#Texans plan to activate rookie S Eddie Pleasant from the practice squad, according to @MarkBermanFox26 & @McClain_on_NFL
DRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012   #25
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRP View Post
Nick Scurfield‏@NickScurfield

#Texans plan to activate rookie S Eddie Pleasant from the practice squad, according to @MarkBermanFox26 & @McClain_on_NFL
Demps put on notice ?!?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #26
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Demps put on notice ?!?
I think Tate staying healthy through the Titans and Patriots games (these past two weeks) is what prompted them to release Grimes.

Try to move him to the PS...which allows us to add Pleasant, which IMO is a smart move. If something were to happen to either Manning or Quin (or both) then that means it's Demps and ????? to be depth for Demps. So they have Pleasant as an emergency option.

And yes, this serves as a way for Kubiak and Phillips to put every secondary player "on notice" that things better shape up or people *could* get demoted or start sharing snaps.

That's my two cents.
Old 12-21-2012   #27
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 811 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pleasant seems a bit old. He did sell the first t-shirt in rock and roll history so he can't be much worse than demps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXfkSnsBtV4
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #28
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

If we are going to bring on Pleasant, then I can understand letting Grimes go but the selfishness of me would like to see us find a way to get him back because I think if given the right chance, that guy is going to play in this league for a while.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #29
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
If we are going to bring on Pleasant, then I can understand letting Grimes go but the selfishness of me would like to see us find a way to get him back because I think if given the right chance, that guy is going to play in this league for a while.
There's a PS roster spot open.
I think they will put him there once he clears waiver.
Old 12-21-2012   #30
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Texan fans will be pleasantly surprised

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #31
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been wanting to see Pleasant all season, sucks to have to lose Grimes to do it though. Hope he clears waivers.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #32
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I think Tate staying healthy through the Titans and Patriots games (these past two weeks) is what prompted them to release Grimes.

Try to move him to the PS...which allows us to add Pleasant, which IMO is a smart move. If something were to happen to either Manning or Quin (or both) then that means it's Demps and ????? to be depth for Demps. So they have Pleasant as an emergency option.

And yes, this serves as a way for Kubiak and Phillips to put every secondary player "on notice" that things better shape up or people *could* get demoted or start sharing snaps.

That's my two cents
Throw in my two cents also. Pretty soon we will solve this deficit thing! Smart move on texans part as we should get Grimes thru waivers.
Old 12-21-2012   #33
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

This was a no brainer. We're gearing up for a playoff run and entering the home stretch.. how valuable is a 4th string rookie RB going to be? We need more DBs on this roster than running backs who'll never touch the ball and while I think Grimes can be serviceable and does have talent, look at the position.. It's a position of strength for us and a position that can easily be replaced. Even if Grimes doesn't clear waivers who cares, we'll have the entire offseason to replace him. You can pick up players like him or better late in the draft every year. RBs are are a dime a dozen and he was more than expendible at this stage in the season.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #34
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

We needed Grimes until Tate was back and good to go.

Now, we need DBs more.

Good move.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #35
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
We needed Grimes until Tate was back and good to go.

Now, we need DBs more.

Good move.
Overall, I like how we managed our depth.

It wasn't easy to replace Winston, Briesel, and Dreessen right off the bat.
The signing of Harris was big, especially considering we lost Butler and then Newton for a while.

Caldwell injured, Caldwell out. Ben Jones and Brandon Brooks in.
Ben Tate injured. Forsett up.

Holliday didn't pan out. We had secondary plan in KMart.

Cushing out after losing Demeco.
We survived with Sharpton coming back and Barrett Rudd.
It could have been much much worse.

Cody out, Jamison out.
Crick entered so we can sustain there, too.

Brooks Reed out, here comes Mercilus.

JJo under the weather, Ball sustained best he could.

McCain out, in come Harris.

And we have Routt waiting in the wing, dying to play at home.

Now come Eddie Pleasant, as Demps is having a nightmare, and Quin nursing an injury. Keo's play has been solid, he's not exposed to bad plays so far.

It's not easy to win in this league.
Sometimes I wonder what can please the fans.

I mean, I haven't even listed all the injuries, all the stuffs that guys have been playing through.

For me, it has been very gratifying to watch these guys fighting so hard; I am absolutely proud to call them my boys.

I intend to enjoy their success further without much worrying about any shortcoming.

It's time to ramp it up, Texans fans!
Old 12-21-2012   #36
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Too bad for him, so close to the playoffs
So everybody on the 53-man roster gets a bonus payment for every playoff game the teams plays, right ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #37
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
So everybody on the 53-man roster gets a bonus payment for every playoff game the teams plays, right ?
It is considered salary. It is a giant pay cut for most of the players. Link
Old 12-21-2012   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
This was a no brainer.

We need more DBs on this roster than running backs who'll never touch the ball...
We need more TEs. I didn't realize how vulnerable we were there.
Old 12-21-2012   #39
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I do not like this.
@^$@%, !sht, &*(^, $%*@, *$%&!!!

Quote:
Jonathan Grimes - RB - Jaguars
Jaguars claimed RB Jonathan Grimes off waivers from the Texans.
Undrafted in April out of William & Mary, Grimes is on his third NFL team already after spending brief spells with the Texans and Jets. A one-cut downhill runner, Grimes racked up 188 total yards in the preseason, averaging 4.64 YPC.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #40
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Guy really had no shot of playing anytime soon unless something catastrophic happened.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read