Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-27-2012   #41
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mark Sanchez - Misplay of the decade

So is this the new Dirty Sanchez?
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #42
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

"It's embarrassing," Sanchez said. "You screw up the play, and I'm trying to do the right thing. It's not like I'm trying to force something. I start to slide, and I slide right in the worst spot I possibly could: right into Brandon Moore."

Old 11-29-2012   #43
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
"It's embarrassing," Sanchez said. "You screw up the play, and I'm trying to do the right thing. It's not like I'm trying to force something. I start to slide, and I slide right in the worst spot I possibly could: right into Brandon Moore."

Eerily appropriate - particularly when you look at some of the specific lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT4RainY-lY
Old 11-29-2012   #44
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 277266 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
You thought Rosencopter was funny?
I mentioned "Rosencopter" to my youngest son when we played the Vikings in pre-season (telling him about Rosenfels used to be our backup QB).

He was too young to remember Rosencopter, so we went online to see it.

This is the video we found. He laughed his ass off. It is pretty funny when presented in the right way.
Old 11-29-2012   #45
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post

So Sanchez was trying to slide at the LOS to avoid a sack, eh?

We got robbed a sack vs. Sanchez in our MNF game with them. Watt sacked him, but it was later ruled a QB RUSHING play. Pfffft!

Glad it caught up to him. Sucka!
Old 11-30-2012   #46
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65390 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
So Sanchez was trying to slide at the LOS to avoid a sack, eh?

We got robbed a sack vs. Sanchez in our MNF game with them. Watt sacked him, but it was later ruled a QB RUSHING play. Pfffft!

Glad it caught up to him. Sucka!
That was actually Miami that had a sack taken away from Watt I believe.
Old 11-30-2012   #47
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
So is this the new Dirty Sanchez?
Think it's beeing called the Ugly Sanchez
Old 12-20-2012   #48
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 232779 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mark Sanchez

Jets Open To Trading Sanchez

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012   #49
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225061 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

This is NOT a "Hey, we should......" post. Not in the least.

Just asking the question, after a season like this is he salvageable? I mean, David Carr is still in the NFL so anything can happen right? If he can be salvaged then what would need to happen at this point?
Old 12-20-2012   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

Just asking the question, after a season like this is he salvageable? I mean, David Carr is still in the NFL so anything can happen right? If he can be salvaged then what would need to happen at this point?
The answer to that is totally up to Mark Sanchez. With Rex in NY may be the best opportunity for him though. A coach who believes in you. A stout (needs to get better) defense & a desire to run the ball (they need to get better here as well).

Jacksonville would be a good place for him to go. Strong defense, good running game, all he needs to do is step it up every once in a while.

But anyone expecting their QB to throw 30 times a game need not apply.
Old 12-20-2012   #51
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 78148 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I was just looking at the 2009 Draft. The Jets really should have obstained from drafting a QB. Stafford went first so they weren't going to get him. After Stafford, Josh Freeman is the 2nd best.

I still don't know what to think of Freeman. I follow the Bucs and for a stretch this season I thought he had finally come into his own however he has regressed again the last 3 games.

After that (besides Sanchez) there are a bunch of guys who are probably not on rosters now. It was a horrible year to go after a QB.

Also look at the history of USC QBs. One can name bust after another. Carson Palmer has had the greatest NFL career out of any USC QB in their history. That isn't saying much.

This was a draft where they could have had Cushing, Brian Orakpo, Clay Matthews, Percy Harvin and quite a few others.

One thing I also noticed is how strong the Texans are drafting. In looking at the 2009 draft the Texans drafted ...

Cushing
Barwin
Caldwell
Glover Quin
Anthony Hill
James Casey
Brice McCain
Troy Nolan

Besides Anthony Hill the rest of those guys are still on the roster and being used frequently. That's says a lot about their drafting.

This is why the Texans are 12-2 and the Jets are under .500
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012   #52
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

if salvageable is holding a clipboard, then certainly. i had very low expectations of sanchez coming out of college and he's pretty much right there - he's just not that good and this season has crippled his psyche. i do think however, that he's better than he's shown the past couple of years. the circus in new york (both media and the team) has given him almost no opportunity to succeed. if sanchez were to go to a team with less scrutiny and someone who at least resembles an offensive coach, he might be able to crack into a starting job, but more likely is destined to continue following his USC mate matt leinart.
Old 12-20-2012   #53
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 232779 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think there may be 3 or 4 coaches in the league that have the capabilities to coach up a Sanchez/Leinart type. I'd put Kubiak at the top of that list. But I don't want to see Mark here.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012   #54
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

But but any QB can thrive in the Texans offense.

Sanchez is a whole lot more mobile.
He can make throw on the run.

Let's trade Schaub and a first for Sanchez.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012   #55
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Two things.

1) When Sanchez declared for the draft, Pete Carroll, his coach at USC at the time, came out and said point-blank that he didn't think Sanchez was ready.

2) Sanchez's first big, massive mistake was going "Hollywood" the minute he stepped in New York City. He was on magazine covers, doing photo shoots, and in general getting into the media game. That's all he cared about. Being an athlete in New York is no joke. You have to be focused, or you have to be grounded, and a little bit boring, ala Eli Manning. If you're not, you'll get caught up in the glitz of NYC and crash and burn, ESPECIALLY as a QB.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #56
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Think it's beeing called the Ugly Sanchez
Buttfumble is his name now

Somewhere on tt is a picture of a jets fan with a Jersey with that name
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012   #57
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jets season in review - now with Yakety Sax goodness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=wL2o4MJqD9g#
Old 12-22-2012   #58
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #59
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Wolf, great pic!
Old 12-31-2012   #60
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 446 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

Whew! This is still so freaking hilarious. Sanchez makes it worse with the "Oh, noes!" face plant at the end. I almost feel guilty getting so much laughter out of one guy's misfortune. Then I remember Rex Ryan.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read