Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Would you trade...
1) Matt Schaub, Andre and a 1st for Stafford, C.Johnson a 2nd and 3rd pick 24 39.34%
2) Arian Foster and Duane Brown for Joe Thomas and Trent Richardson 2 3.28%
3) JJ Watt and Kareem for RG3 and a 2nd round pick 0 0%
4) JJ Watt and Ben Tate for Andrew Luck and a 1st 4 6.56%
5) Jjo, Antonio, Cushing for Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman 10 16.39%
6)Schaub,Watt,Foster, Cushing,Kubiak, and a 2nd for Bill Belichick, Tom Brady a 1st and a 2nd 8 13.11%
7) Ben Tate and Karem Jackson for 5 third round picks in the next draft 13 21.31%
8) Shayne Graham for Tim Tebow and a sandwhich 32 52.46%
9) Chris Myers, Brian Cushing and a 1st for Calvin Johnson 13 21.31%
10)Schaub,Foster,Brown, DManning, and a 2ndfor Ngata and Ed Reed and Flacco 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2012   #21
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would You Trade....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Why would you trade your first (KJax) and you second (Tate) for two seconds???
Especially when the guys you currently have are proven.

The two guys you will draft with the two seconds will be unknown.
This is what I'm thinking and KJ has settled in pretty well. Doubt I'd take less than a first and depending on where for him. CBs not very deep. Some early first round possibles are falling.
Old 12-18-2012   #22
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

1) Matt Schaub, Andre and a 1st for Stafford, C.Johnson a 2nd and 3rd pick

Yep, Schaub = Stafford. CJ younger version of AJ, plus picks.

6) Matt Schaub, JJ Watt, Arian Foster, Brian Cushing, Gary Kubiak, and a 2nd for Bill Belichick, Tom Brady a 1st and a 2nd

Yep, I like JJ, AF and BC, but BB & TB are HOF and both are probably the best in the NFL right now. Also, I'll have to admit BB &TB are both douchbags, they really are that much better than the rest of the league.

Plus, cool poll.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #23
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Also, I'll have to admit Bill Belichick &Tom Brady are both douchbags, they really are that much better than the rest of the league.
Yet...they have as many Superbowl victories as Kubiak and Schaub since Kubiak took over the Texans...
Old 12-18-2012   #24
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

If it was for a 24 year old Tom Brady I'd do that one trade, but at his age now, probably not.
Old 12-18-2012   #25
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

#8 if I had to pick, as long as Tebow was willing to play TE/FB like Casey.
Old 12-18-2012   #26
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 50409 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Understood,

But I believe CJ is the best WR in the game today and that's taking nothing away from AJ. I'm betting with Staffords arm the Texans OL/run game that he would've been better than Schaub this yr, not to mention yrs to come and I'm a Schaub guy.
Oh, I agree that CJ today is a better player than AJ today, and that Stafford is a greater talent that Schaub.

I was just pointing out that for all of the Lions' up-tempo play and all of the Texans scripted, run away and hide style of play where it is all about being able to simply manage the game plan, Matty Half-Ear actually has better stats and more success than Stafford.

Also, and this is my personal unsolicited opinion, but Stafford seems much more effective with his feet than in the pocket. Kube's style of play relies on a system quarterback rather than a mobile playmaker. I am not sure that he would be any more successful on this team than he is on the Lions.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #27
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
****This Thread is just for fun*****

Outrageous scenarios below:

1) Matt Schaub, Andre and a 1st for Stafford, C.Johnson a 2nd and 3rd pick
2) Arian Foster and Duane Brown for Joe Thomas and Trent Richardson
3) JJ Watt and Kareem for RG3 and a 2nd round pick
4) JJ Watt and Ben Tate for Andrew Luck and a 1st
5) Jjo, Antonio, Cushing for Patrick Willis and Navaro Bowman
6) Matt Schaub, JJ Watt, Arian Foster, Brian Cushing, Gary Kubiak, and a 2nd for Bill Belichick, Tom Brady a 1st and a 2nd
7) Ben Tate and Karem Jackson for 5 third round picks in the next draft
8) Shayne Graham for Tim Tebow and a sandwhich
9) Chris Myers, Brian Cushing and a 1st for Calvin Johnson
10) Matt Schaub, Arian Foster, Danieal Manning, Duane Brown and a 2ndfor Ngata and Ed Reed and Flacco
1. no way I trade off Dre. Not in a million. Too much of a Man Crush. He's gonna be the first HOF texan and will be hard to top for years to come. He retires having played his career here.
2. Trent Richardson looks pretty special. But I'll pass. DB and AF are special too me.
3. say WHATT? heck no.
4. no for anything considering JJ Watt
5. not an upgrade IMHO
6. Boy..having Kubes in there is tempting
7. without question, I'd do this. Would have voted for it if not for the fun in voting #8
8. don't even need Tebow! This is a steal!
9. edit: no, i didnt see "and a first"
10. Ed reed retires this year or next. Flacco is too Jeckyl/Hyde. Too much to give up for Ngata, which is the only good thing left in the proposal
Old 12-19-2012   #28
OilerTexan
Rookie

All trades dealing Watt are "NO" for me. As in, "Would you trade Watt for - " Stop right there. No.
OilerTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #29
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL...

I actually wouldn't do most of them...

But there were actually people that suggested trading Andre in real life ya know...
I love Andre Johnson but I have to admit I suggested trading him for whatever draft pick it would take to get Calvin Johnson when he was coming out. Calvin was the most complete draft prospect I have ever seen. All the things said about Reggie Bush should of been said about CJ. Once in a lifetime player. He will go down as the best WR in history. That's still the only way AJ leaves this team. For a player of that caliber.
Old 12-19-2012   #30
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTexan View Post
All trades dealing Watt are "NO" for me. As in, "Would you trade Watt for - " Stop right there. No.
I love Watt but everyone has a price. His of course would have to be a proven elite QB. And a young one at that. Not likely to happen so don't worry.
Old 12-19-2012   #31
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm kind of surprised more people wouldn't want Luck...I don't know if I'd do that either, but man...Young Franchise QB with all his tools are what makes teams stay at the top for long periods of time...

And you'd be getting a first round pick back....

I love Watt, but I'd have to think long and hard about that one...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #32
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

No on any trades with AJ for all of the above reasons posted
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #33
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I love Watt but everyone has a price. His of course would have to be a proven elite QB. And a young one at that. Not likely to happen so don't worry.
Quote:
I'm kind of surprised more people wouldn't want Luck...I don't know if I'd do that either, but man...Young Franchise QB with all his tools are what makes teams stay at the top for long periods of time...

And you'd be getting a first round pick back....

I love Watt, but I'd have to think long and hard about that one...
Young AND proven are the keywords; if Luck has 2 more years of solid, improving play, then he would be worth just about any asking price. Right now, he's young and shows promise. I used to think the same way about Stafford, but he hasn't lived up to his promise.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #34
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Young AND proven are the keywords; if Luck has 2 more years of solid, improving play, then he would be worth just about any asking price. Right now, he's young and shows promise. I used to think the same way about Stafford, but he hasn't lived up to his promise.
Which is why i said young PROVEN elite QB.
Old 12-19-2012   #35
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
What's funny is that the Colts wouldn't trade Luck for JJ Watt and two first round picks from us.

When/If he ever proves to be an elite type QB, there will be no unprying him until they think he can't play anymore or the next great thing comes a long...

But that could be said about most of the trades up there...

The teams on the other end are probably Just as if not more adamant saying "hell no" to these trades...

I just find that dynamic interesting...

Kinda hard to take you heart and allegiance out of it...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #36
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What's funny is that the Colts wouldn't trade Luck for JJ Watt and two first round picks from us.

When/If he ever proves to be an elite type QB, there will be no unprying him until they think he can't play anymore or the next great thing comes a long...

But that could be said about most of the trades up there...

The teams on the other end are probably Just as if not more adamant saying "hell no" to these trades...

I just find that dynamic interesting...

Kinda hard to take you heart and allegiance out of it...
Oh definitely, if I was a Colts fan, I'd believe with all my heart we have lightning in a bottle with Luck. No way I'd let a potential Tom Brady/Peyton Manning caliber elite QB in the making go.

On the other hand, it's easier for us as Texans fans to say no to Luck; we're trying to compete NOW rather than a few years down the road. We already have Schaub, essentially what this trade would do is trade our QBs and our DEs (who the heck is Lawrence Guy?).
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #37
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Matt Schaub, Andre and a 1st for Stafford, C.Johnson a 2nd and 3rd pick
A thousand times yes.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #38
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
i'd trade jj watt for a copy of an aarp magazine and a half stick of double mint.
Since you're stealing my identirty (and knowing you're 17 years my junior) are you suggesting I... .... NAY, WE need AARP benefits?

BTW, The mints work if they are in fact the old school "Andy's (or is it Andes) Mints"??!
Old 12-19-2012   #39
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey View Post
****this thread is just for fun*****

outrageous scenarios below:

1) matt schaub, andre and a 1st for stafford, c.johnson a 2nd and 3rd pick
yes. Get a youger qb with a stronger arm, better coaching, better o-line, and a better rb? He would flourish. Plus i think megatron is better than aj at this point in time.
2) arian foster and duane brown for joe thomas and trent richardson
no
3) jj watt and kareem for rg3 and a 2nd round pick
there is no trade that is good enough to give up jj watt
4) jj watt and ben tate for andrew luck and a 1st
see above
5) jjo, antonio, cushing for patrick willis and navarro bowman
no, very tempting but mlb's are an easier spot to fill
6) matt schaub, jj watt, arian foster, brian cushing, gary kubiak, and a 2nd for bill belichick, tom brady a 1st and a 2nd
nope

7) ben tate and karem jackson for 5 third round picks in the next draft
very intriguing. I would have to look at draft class but i would probably end up doing this
8) shayne graham for tim tebow and a sandwhich
sure. But after i was done with sandwich, we would have to cut tebow.
9) chris myers, brian cushing and a 1st for calvin johnson
yes. Megatron and aj on the field at the same time??? Fughettaboutit.
10) matt schaub, arian foster, danieal manning, duane brown and a 2ndfor ngata and ed reed and flacco
reed is old. Flacco sucks. Nope.
Old 12-19-2012   #40
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd vote for option #1hands down.

Stafford is a good QB but I think in Kubiak's system his arm and ability to be more athletic in the bootlegs would be a crazy mixture with all the weapons.

Older veteran QB and Elite older WR for Younger Franchise QB and Perhaps the best WR in the game now....

Hell throw in the this year's first second and third we'd receive and it'd still be a steal of a deal.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read