Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-13-2012   #41
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Day After Foxborough Massacre - 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
See if I can cherry pick and make evrabody happy:

1- David Amerson, CB
2- Cordarelle Patterson, WR (this guy's highlights are disturbing)
3- Bailey, OG
3a- Kiko Alonso, ILB
4- Tyrann Mathieu (early enough?)
5- OT depth
6- DB/RB or TE depth
7- P
Your getting better. I only have 2 real problems:

2. Patterson, I love the player but don't think he's available at the end of the 2nd round. I know he's currently listed as a 2nd round pick but I think someone will fall for his measurables at the Combine and probably go late 1st or very early 2nd.

4. Mathieu, you guys are drafting a memory of what he was a year ago. In the present he's failed 3 drug tests, been kicked off his team, and been arrested as a drug dealer along with other former LSU players. He's also very undersized. Hell NO.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #42
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87575 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Isn't it kinda of funny how "we" say stuff like "I drafted a CB then S because" how we assume ownership so to speak of different draft prospects, create a mock draft like this one in response to a disappointing performance by Texans and so on

If character, bloodlines, finished product ready to plug & play are the standards by which we judge a Texan first round draft pick for a pure CB prospect late 1st early 2nd I might just suggest Desmond Trufant, Washington. Very solid all around performer, consistent, ball skills, fundamentally sound tackler, can run off receiver hip without drawing interference flags & will elevate/compete apex of ball flight w/WR.

Speaking of safeties what do you think of Jordan Kovacs, Michigan? Big 10, coaching favorite, productive, does not cost Texans a high pick, hard worker, special teams leader, better than Nolan or Keo.
I just mocked Trufant in our second. He is ranked 54 by CBS and we should pick around 60-64. I can't find another lower than him so hoping he slides draft day.
Old 12-13-2012   #43
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87575 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here is an interesting underclassman link http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...jtrtl0f9?from=
I wished Brugler would have discussed Da'rick Rodgers WR. He is a conundrum to me. I think he will end up a bit like Dez Bryant on the field but I really love his skills especially in 2nd round.

Go to video on that link for "week 15" second team discussed is Texans vs Colts.
Old 12-14-2012   #44
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Took some time to research current rankings (ridiculous chunk of morning might add) but here it is according to the experts.

John Jenkins, NT Georgia
Texan need priority - High
Ranked #20 overall prospect CBS Draft Scout:
Ranked #21 overall prospect #2 NT behind Jesse Williams Bleecher:

Brian Winters, OT/OG Kent State
Texan need priority - High
Ranked #101 overall prospect CBS Draft Scout:
Ranked #136 overall #12th OT prospect Bleecher:

Michael Buchanan, DE Illinois
Texan need priority - Medium High
Ranked #163 overall #18th DE prospect by CBS Draft Scout:
Ranked #85 overall prospect 13th DE Bleecher:

Alonzo Kiko, ILB Oregon
Texan priority - Medium
Ranked 127th overall ILB prospect CBS Draft Scout:
Ranked 118th overall prospect 6th ILB Bleecher:

Connor Vernon, WR Duke
Texan Prioity - Medium
Ranked 165th overall #20 WR prospect CBS Draft Scout:
Ranked 183rd overall #22 WR prospect Bleecher:

Tyrann Mathieu aka Honey Badger, CB/S
Texan Priority - Medium
Ranked 187th overall prospect CBS Draft Scout:
Ranked 193rd overall #23 CB prospect Bleecher:

Onterio McCalebb, RB/Returner, Auburn
Texan Priority - Low/High if you factor in return duty
Ranked 417th overall prospect CBS Draft Scout:
Unranked Bleecher:

Tanner Hawkinson, OT/OG, Kansas
Texan Priority - Medium High
Ranked 269th overall 22nd OT prospect CBS Draft Scout:
Ranked 281st overall 22nd OT prospect Bleecher:

Ben Cotton, TE Nebraska
Texan Priority - Medium
Ranked 396th overall prospect CBS Draft Scout:
Ranked 299th overall & #16 TE prospect Bleecher:

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #45
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

hung out to dry again http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog...ga_sports_blog

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-18-2012   #46
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Im seriously considering RT and LG early .... The running game just hasnt been consistent.

Also WR .... This offense just cant seem to finish drives. If AJ doesnt go off , they bog down.
Ivedefended Walter for ages .... but I think the time has come for him to at the least move down the depth chart.

NT and CB are also on my radar.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #47
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
\
4. Mathieu, you guys are drafting a memory of what he was a year ago. In the present he's failed 3 drug tests, been kicked off his team, and been arrested as a drug dealer along with other former LSU players. He's also very undersized. Hell NO.
I wouldn't draft the Honey Badger even if he didn't have the off field issues. Dude isn't that good of a corner.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #48
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Im seriously considering RT and LG early .... The running game just hasnt been consistent.

Also WR .... This offense just cant seem to finish drives. If AJ doesnt go off , they bog down.
Ivedefended Walter for ages .... but I think the time has come for him to at the least move down the depth chart.

NT and CB are also on my radar.
Posey continues to improve as a catcher (his blocking looks good) and he could start over Walter next year.
Old 12-18-2012   #49
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I wouldn't draft the Honey Badger even if he didn't have the off field issues. Dude isn't that good of a corner.
He would've been a great 3rd rd pick as a nickle replacing McCain. Also would've been an up grade as a KR/PR if dude wasn't a drug dealer.

With that said, Honey Badger is electric with the ball in his hands.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #50
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Posey continues to improve as a catcher (his blocking looks good) and he could start over Walter next year.
Agreed.

If you were willing to spend a 1st rd pick on a WR like Williams/Patterson, how much more dynamic would the Texans offense be With AJ/Posey/Patterson? (Patterson reminds me of a bigger version of Harvin, Austin is somwhere between McCluster/Harvin. IMHO )
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #51
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
He would've been a great 3rd rd pick as a nickle replacing McCain. Also would've been an up grade as a KR/PR if dude wasn't a drug dealer.

With that said, Honey Badger is electric with the ball in his hands.
KR. Yes.

Cb, I dont like him there. Dude can't cover man to man.

You wanna try him at FS, ok. He's smallish, but he has a good vertical and he's physical.

If you can watch some clips of him in man coverage...that's probably the weakest part of his game and as a nickel corner that needs to be his strongest.
Old 12-18-2012   #52
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Someone read some stat on the radio that said posey had like 30 snaps this past game to Walters 8...

If that's true, you might not have to wait until next year.
Old 12-19-2012   #53
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Someone read some stat on the radio that said posey had like 30 snaps this past game to Walters 8...

If that's true, you might not have to wait until next year.
I think Walter has earned his guaranttee $ and bonus is $1m +$3.5 m base '13 & '14.
Old 12-19-2012   #54
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Walter has earned his guaranttee $ and bonus is $1m +$3.5 m base '13 & '14.
Yeah, the Texans are free to cut Walter whenever they want next offseason, but I think his 1 million bonus is a roster bonus. Not sure when that is paid though, but they have time to make the decision before free agency starts. I think he will be required to restructure his deal again (went from 4.5 million to 3 this year) and they will move him to 2-3 million if he stays. If he's not willing to do that, then I think they have to cut him. 4.5 million could go a long way though. Some other WRs that will be free agents:

Danny Amendola
Julian Edelman
Wes Welker
Brian Hartline
Greg Jennings

Or maybe target a new NT like Henry Melton or Alan Branch. Either way, I'm sure that money could be put to better use.
Old 12-19-2012   #55
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah, the Texans are free to cut Walter whenever they want next offseason, but I think his 1 million bonus is a roster bonus. Not sure when that is paid though, but they have time to make the decision before free agency starts. I think he will be required to restructure his deal again (went from 4.5 million to 3 this year) and they will move him to 2-3 million if he stays. If he's not willing to do that, then I think they have to cut him. 4.5 million could go a long way though. Some other WRs that will be free agents:

Danny Amendola
Julian Edelman
Wes Welker
Brian Hartline
Greg Jennings

Or maybe target a new NT like Henry Melton or Alan Branch. Either way, I'm sure that money could be put to better use.
Good thinking, I'd like to pick up a level two corner or safety as a vet backup. Not '13 draft but soon after we need to pick guys to eventually replace Manning and Joseph.
Old 12-19-2012   #56
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54157 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

Danny Amendola
Julian Edelman
Wes Welker
Brian Hartline
Greg Jennings

I'm really hoping for heart line if Posey doesn't impress soon.
Old 12-26-2012   #57
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Jenkins a senior ruled ineligible for Bowl game as coach announces the DT will not play in Capitol One Bowl against Nebraska Jan 1st. http://espn.go.com/college-football/...pital-one-bowl
Old 01-04-2013   #58
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Jenkins a senior ruled ineligible for Bowl game as coach announces the DT will not play in Capitol One Bowl against Nebraska Jan 1st. http://espn.go.com/college-football/...pital-one-bowl

My first question would be how did this this occur? Will have to be addressed during the interview session. Of course, Wonderlic should address intelligence (off field). On field, as a player, John Jenkins would probably be BPA.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 01-04-2013   #59
Rey
Hall of Fame

My younger bro is home from Nebraska...I'll ask him what he knows about the TE Cotton...He plays OT, so he probably has worked with him a bit....
Old 01-04-2013   #60
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
My younger bro is home from Nebraska...I'll ask him what he knows about the TE Cotton...He plays OT, so he probably has worked with him a bit....
Nice

Everybody points to losing Winston/Brisel via free agency but how about Joel Dreesen in blocking scheme?

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read