Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Would you trade...
1) Matt Schaub, Andre and a 1st for Stafford, C.Johnson a 2nd and 3rd pick 24 39.34%
2) Arian Foster and Duane Brown for Joe Thomas and Trent Richardson 2 3.28%
3) JJ Watt and Kareem for RG3 and a 2nd round pick 0 0%
4) JJ Watt and Ben Tate for Andrew Luck and a 1st 4 6.56%
5) Jjo, Antonio, Cushing for Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman 10 16.39%
6)Schaub,Watt,Foster, Cushing,Kubiak, and a 2nd for Bill Belichick, Tom Brady a 1st and a 2nd 8 13.11%
7) Ben Tate and Karem Jackson for 5 third round picks in the next draft 13 21.31%
8) Shayne Graham for Tim Tebow and a sandwhich 32 52.46%
9) Chris Myers, Brian Cushing and a 1st for Calvin Johnson 13 21.31%
10)Schaub,Foster,Brown, DManning, and a 2ndfor Ngata and Ed Reed and Flacco 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2012   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Would You Trade....

****This Thread is just for fun*****

Outrageous scenarios below:

1) Matt Schaub, Andre and a 1st for Stafford, C.Johnson a 2nd and 3rd pick

2) Arian Foster and Duane Brown for Joe Thomas and Trent Richardson

3) JJ Watt and Kareem for RG3 and a 2nd round pick

4) JJ Watt and Ben Tate for Andrew Luck and a 1st

5) Jjo, Antonio, Cushing for Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman

6) Matt Schaub, JJ Watt, Arian Foster, Brian Cushing, Gary Kubiak, and a 2nd for Bill Belichick, Tom Brady a 1st and a 2nd

7) Ben Tate and Karem Jackson for 5 third round picks in the next draft

8) Shayne Graham for Tim Tebow and a sandwhich

9) Chris Myers, Brian Cushing and a 1st for Calvin Johnson

10) Matt Schaub, Arian Foster, Danieal Manning, Duane Brown and a 2ndfor Ngata and Ed Reed and Flacco
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #2
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would You Trade....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

6) Matt Schaub, JJ Watt, Arian Foster, Brian Cushing, Gary Kubiak, and a 2nd for Bill Belichick, Tom Brady a 1st and a 2nd

10) Matt Schaub, Arian Foster, Duane Brown and a 2ndfor Ngata and Ed Reed and Flacco
1) Yes in a heartbeat
2) No, but it's DB that's the dealbreaker, not Arian
3) Big no
4) Thought about it...JJ is just too much of a gamechanger at a position where gamechangers are few and far between
5) Tempting, but losing JJo hurts our secondary a LOT by moving people up in the depth chart.
6) EXTREMELY tempting. I think I may have to go yes here, even though it makes the Texans feel like not the Texans anymore.
7) No
8) What kind of sandwich?
9) No
10) No, again, DB is the dealbreaker.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #3
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

1. the homer in me says no, but i'd probably have to accept that one
2. no way
3. nope, not trading the best defensive player in football
4. nope, ditto
5. no, i'm torn but i'd hate to lose 2 levels to strengthen 1
6. lol tempting but no
7. edit: read this as fifth rounders, would certainly trade for five 3rds.
8. sure, club sandwich and add bacon
9. edit: no, i didnt see "and a first"
10. nah, reed's age and flacco being flacco kill it

Last edited by Scooter; 12-18-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
8) What kind of sandwich?
Your choice...

Old 12-18-2012   #5
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

i'd trade jj watt for a copy of an aarp magazine and a half stick of double mint.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #6
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31940 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I had to go no on all except the number 1 and number 8. I can sign a kicker off the street to make field goals under 50 yards. The sandwich swung the deal though. Tebow could at least give me some good speeches before taking his place on the bench. Plus nothing wrong with a good character guy...as long as you don't forget he can't pass.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll do 8 for a 12" cold cut.

Set up a new church at the old Astroworld and start raking in money.

I'll make all the money back in the first hour and buy all the sandwich shops with the profit.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2012   #8
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

10) Matt Schaub, Arian Foster, Duane Brown and a 2nd for Ngata and Ed Reed and Flacco
First, any and all thoughts of trading Andre Johnson should result in immediate negative reps from everyone who reads those words. Guests should join the board JUST so they can negative rep you. The two phrases "just for fun" and "trade Andre Johnson" do not belong in the same line of thought. Ever.

Now, as for the rest of them....

No wait, dammit, I'm not done.
  • The Mods should smash your fingers and revoke all your internet privileges.
  • Any Texans gear in your possession should be forcibly taken from you in a public forum - like Bubba's on the north side - by ranking members of the Blue Crew. Like a non-com who has his stripes ripped off.
  • TexanBill should be allowed to beat you with the pole of his chosing.
  • Thorn should use you as dirty diaper target practice
...trade Andre Johnson...

What next... run Bob McNair out of town and petition Bud Adams to come back for old times' sake??

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
First, any and all thoughts of trading Andre Johnson should result in immediate negative reps from everyone who reads those words. Guests should join the board JUST so they can negative rep you. The two phrases "just for fun" and "trade Andre Johnson" do not belong in the same line of thought. Ever.

Now, as for the rest of them....

No wait, dammit, I'm not done.
  • The Mods should smash your fingers and revoke all your internet privileges.
  • Any Texans gear in your possession should be forcibly taken from you in a public forum - like Bubba's on the north side - by ranking members of the Blue Crew. Like a non-com who has his stripes ripped off.
  • TexanBill should be allowed to beat you with the pole of his chosing.
  • Thorn should use you as dirty diaper target practice

What next... run Bob McNair out of town and petition Bud Adams to come back for old times' sake??

LOL...

I actually wouldn't do most of them...

But there were actually people that suggested trading Andre in real life ya know...
Old 12-18-2012   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hello, for the Great Train Robbery, I'll trade anybody.
Old 12-18-2012   #11
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

I chose 8, and mostly because I haven't eaten lunch.

The other part of it is, well, Shank Graham is just biding his time till the young feller gets better and Tebow runs the wild cat like a boss if we ever decide to run something other than our standard formation.

Deal!

I do agree with Obsiwan, you should be banned for even mentioning AJ in a trade. It was bad enough when we lost Hakeem to the freaking Raptors!
Old 12-18-2012   #12
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

10) Matt Schaub, Arian Foster, Danieal Manning, Duane Brown and a 2ndfor Ngata and Ed Reed and Flacco
1. See earlier post.
2. We'd come out on the short end on this trade. No thanks
3. I'll admit I thought about it a long second but no thanks. Kubiak would try to make a pocket passer out of RG3 and that would have me getting out the pink soap. No.
4. Don't have the heart to trade Wade's favorite toy (JJ Watt). Not even for Andrew Luck.
5. Now this one is really, reeeeally tempting. J-Jo is starting to appear a tad injury prone. Ninja's primo days may well be behind him. And Cushing may be (or may not be) damaged goods and and besides Willis and Bowman more than make up for what we'd lose in Cushing... Get them to throw in a 2nd or 3rd... after all we ARE offering up two pro bowlers to their one. And isn't Willis approaching 30?
6. No. Not giving up Watt or Foster. Take them off the table and we can talk about the deal that remains.
7. Wait... what? What team has five 3rd round picks? So you're really saying Tate for two 3rds and Jackson for three 3rds? Hmmm.... Now who's dumb enough to make those trades... oh wait, doesn't Buffalo need a CB? And Az could use a quality RB...
hmmmm....
8. Keep Tebow and make it a big slab of barbeque beef ribs and we'll talk.
9. I'd do this one in a heartbeat.
10. No. This isn't an upgrade. Ed Reed has one foot in retirement. Flacco IS Schaub with a stronger arm but at a less effective decision making level. Not trading Foster and I have no one to step in for D.B.
Old 12-18-2012   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

1. Yes, without a doubt, younger/arguably better.
2. No
3. No way
4. No
5. Yes
6. Yes, BB and Brady are HOF'ers and I get a 1st/2nd rder.
7. Without a doubt
8. Yes, I'm not a Tebow fan. But I do like turkey with mustard on wheat.
9. Yes CJ is a HOF a WR tandem of CJ/AJ would be epic. Ben Jones could take over for Myers. What's the Texans record without Cushing. How good would this team be with AJ/CJ this yr?
10. No way, Rick should be fired if he made that trade.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #14
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

I want to change my vote to #9.
I voted #8 in a moment of weakness because I hadn't had lunch.
But I'll do #9 in a nano-second.

And if Rick Smith could pull off #7 he should be in the running for GM of the Year. Hell, I'd settle for four 3rds. No need to explain why, SteelB already nailed it.
Old 12-18-2012   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Assuming money and cap are no object, I'd do:

An upgrade at QB and the best WR in the league for a 1st? Yes please. I love Andre, but you can't pass up this deal. Stafford working with a guy like Kubiak for a couple years would improve greatly. With a solid run game and the play action bootlegs, he would almost immediately become a top 5 QB on our team if CJ came with him. Hell, even if it was just Schaub for Stafford straight up I'd do it, his arm and AJ's deep threat ability would be an awesome combo.
Old 12-18-2012   #16
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 67652 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
1. Yes, without a doubt, younger/arguably better.
No arguing the younger obviously, but there is definitely a challenge on the better.

Just taking the sample size of the last fours years when Stafford has been in the league:

Schaub has a considerably higher completion percentage, yardage, TD's and QB rating. And Stafford plays in an up-tempo offense, while the Texans churned out 8,000+ rushing yards during this timeframe.

AJ missed some time in the last four years, but his receptions per game average is higher than CJ, and this is in the second half of his career. 6-7years into his career, AJ on bad teams was already working on his third 100 reception season while CJ just got his first in that same timeframe.

In the Stafford-CJ era, the Texans have 37 wins and the Lions have 22. They will have 6 wins or fewer in three of Staffords four seasons.

So Stafford and CJ are younger and would appear to have more talent, but Matt and AJ have the results, both in stats and wins.

But I've always been the guy that values wise and savvy veteran over raw talent and potential no matter the sport.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

The closest to any for me would be Tate and KJ for five thirds. First too many players in first & second goin back to school which pushes players of interest up and out of range. Second, no one to replace KJ. Third more interesting if it were say top five in third round, but no thanks. I am interested in trading Tate if you want to come up with a deal fo rhim.
Old 12-18-2012   #18
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
No arguing the younger obviously, but there is definitely a challenge on the better.

Just taking the sample size of the last fours years when Stafford has been in the league:

Schaub has a considerably higher completion percentage, yardage, TD's and QB rating. And Stafford plays in an up-tempo offense, while the Texans churned out 8,000+ rushing yards during this timeframe.

AJ missed some time in the last four years, but his receptions per game average is higher than CJ, and this is in the second half of his career. 6-7years into his career, AJ on bad teams was already working on his third 100 reception season while CJ just got his first in that same timeframe.

In the Stafford-CJ era, the Texans have 37 wins and the Lions have 22. They will have 6 wins or fewer in three of Staffords four seasons.

So Stafford and CJ are younger and would appear to have more talent, but Matt and AJ have the results, both in stats and wins.

But I've always been the guy that values wise and savvy veteran over raw talent and potential no matter the sport.
Understood,

But I believe CJ is the best WR in the game today and that's taking nothing away from AJ. I'm betting with Staffords arm the Texans OL/run game that he would've been better than Schaub this yr, not to mention yrs to come and I'm a Schaub guy.
Old 12-18-2012   #19
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
The closest to any for me would be Tate and KJ for five thirds. First too many players in first & second goin back to school which pushes players of interest up and out of range. Second, no one to replace KJ. Third more interesting if it were say top five in third round, but no thanks. I am interested in trading Tate if you want to come up with a deal fo rhim.
You could use those 3rds to trade up and grab a couple of 2nd rd picks, giving you a 1st, three 2nds and atleast the comp 3rd. from there you could either trade back into the 1st rd and have two 1st rd picks, heck, you could even trade up high into the 1st rd if you wanted too.
Old 12-18-2012   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
You could use those 3rds to trade up and grab a couple of 2nd rd picks, giving you a 1st, three 2nds and atleast the comp 3rd. from there you could either trade back into the 1st rd and have two 1st rd picks, heck, you could even trade up high into the 1st rd if you wanted too.
Why would you trade your first (KJax) and you second (Tate) for two seconds???
Especially when the guys you currently have are proven.

The two guys you will draft with the two seconds will be unknown.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read